Aberdeen V St Johnstone (2 - 0)

Really looking forward to this one. I know Saints are on a good run but I can't get out my mind that they have Gary McDonald in midfield and Steven McLean up front. Both dire. No Stevie May now makes them a far less dangerous team.

A few years ago we almost had a full house v Caley in a new year game with nothing much riding on it, surely we can come close to selling out this one.

Can't have seen much of McLean to think he's pish. Surely clouded by the fact he wore a red shirt during our darkest days. He's been very good for St Johnstone.

I think it'll be another close match but I think it'll be another 1-0 to the Aberdeen

Steve MacLean isn't a bad striker. Has had shite luck with injuries but still got a decent record.

One of the best of a bad bunch of strikers we've suffered over the past decade.

One goal every three games for us in Scottish top flight (including a double against celtic in the 4-4 draw) & very nearly on the same ratio at St's now. He's a competent striker & certainly not as bad as dire.

I'm just going on his dons performances. Not much pace, little in the way of creativity and not particularly good at holding up the ball. I'm sure he's a competent enough finisher but surely nothing that should be worrying Reynolds or Taylor.

I'm just going on his dons performances. Not much pace, little in the way of creativity and not particularly good at holding up the ball. I'm sure he's a competent enough finisher but surely nothing that should be worrying Reynolds or Taylor.

His Dons performances were fairly decent considering the shite he was in amongst.

Goal every three games for us including a brace v celtic (then again Magennis got a brace v them also) & this season at St's since returning from injury he's bettering that average.

MacLean is a dangerman for them & it would be crazy to write him off as "dire" however the other guy you mentioned (I forget who it was) I agree is pish.

What about his goal against Falkirk to secure our safety. I liked McLean and was sorry to let him go.

He was yet another one who made his excuses and clearly couldn't wait to get out the club fast enough. We really were in a rotten period.

After 3K plus at both our last two aways, surely surely there'll be a big fat fucking huge crowd at this one (17k-ish). Less me alas, owing to my uselessness I suppose. Will be at Motherwell then St Shitten though.

As murmurred somewhere above - this game is potentially the toughest of the festive period. Not that I dont think we'll win; 2-0 as far as that goes.

Good form needs to be rewarded also - meaning bench at best for Flood if he's back.

Ok forgetting about the challenge of celtic at the moment & we can have a wee look back over our shoulders.

All the chasing three that have previously occupied second place this season (some even first) have got Derby games of sorts on thurs. Obviously they could all win but there is a good chance some will drop points. Possibly ALL of them. Which would be great for us.

This game on Thurs is a huge game for us & the longer we go on winning the bigger & bigger every game becomes & we all want to be watching BIG games every week because that's what the game is all about. Well it used to be at least.

Mon the Dandies.

Even though St Johnstone do not concede many goals I will guess at....

3-1 McGinn free kick (finally hitting target again) DG & Rooooooooooooney.

Sorry Brown & co but your clean sheet record will come to an end.

Celtic to panic & lose to Partick just to get the party started.

Can practically ALL results go our way for a third game in a row????? :crossfingers:

:bounce: