Aberdeen V St Johnstone (2 - 0)

Is that really the same Ash Taylor from the start of the season who looked like a complete donkey? Fair play to the lad for turning his form around and putting in a great shift today.

WTF is the crowd about though? Surely some mistake as that looked well above 15k.

I can't tell from the tv pictures but how full was the RDS upper section and the SS corner? Also did Saint Johnstone bring a big support?

I can't tell from the tv pictures but how full was the RDS upper section and the SS corner? Also did Saint Johnstone bring a big support?

St j had about 250 - 300 I'd say.

Other than squandering many chances, a faultless performance.

Ash Taylor - holy fuck. We've a centre half on our hands there. Up there with the best Pittodrie performances in many a year.

Jack, Goodwillie, Hayes and Rooney can win any game for us on their day.

Cammy Smith will hae a month long boner I'd imagine. Buzzing for him.

I recall sticking up for Taylor after the first few games, there were small signs that a player was in there, now in a settled defence with a non spastic behind him he has really started to play properly, looks a great prospect for our team.

Quite surprised we only scored 2 today aswell, going forward we looked like we would score every time, Goodie could have had 4, Rooney, hayes, Jack and Mcginn all had chances too and the disallowed Pawlett goal which was a disgrace.

Agree on the points already made.

1) We need to practice our shooting for fucks sake. Did I count 20 chances?

2) Aye Ash Taylor is proving me very wrong. Fair play to McInnes and scouting team for unearthing him at the moment things are going very well for him. An absolute monster and fast as fuck.

Thankfully the players didn't share the same squeeky bum attitude of the support. Yes, of course it's awesome to be top of the league, but the prizes are handed out in May, not 1st Jan. Some unreal comments from folk during the latter stages of the 2ndf half. Fortunately, the players remained composed throughout, even we it seemed it was harder to miss some of the efforts, than score (Rooney at back post in particular).

Agree with Ollie regarding Ash Taylor - not since Alex McLeish or Willie Miller, have I seen such a commanding central defensive performance. Once, after winning the ball, he raced forward and was in the opposition box within 5 seconds.... reminded me of a young Zander Diamond..... sort of :happy:

Considine never put a foot wrong either. Chuffed for big Andy as he's a genuinely good character, a huge Dandy, and not a natural full back. But today he was not far behind Taylor for MOTM.

Can honestly say we are playing better with Hayes in the middle rather than Flood. Not sure we want to upset the applecart by reintroducing him when he's fit. Also think Anderson's days are done.... he's not a patch on Taylor or Reynolds in their current form.

Thankfully the players didn't share the same squeeky bum attitude of the support. Yes, of course it's awesome to be top of the league, but the prizes are handed out in May, not 1st Jan. Some unreal comments from folk during the latter stages of the 2ndf half. Fortunately, the players remained composed throughout, even we it seemed it was harder to miss some of the efforts, than score (Rooney at back post in particular).

Agree with Ollie regarding Ash Taylor - not since Alex McLeish or Willie Miller, have I seen such a commanding central defensive performance. Once, after winning the ball, he raced forward and was in the opposition box within 5 seconds.... reminded me of a young Zander Diamond..... sort of :happy:

Considine never put a foot wrong either. Chuffed for big Andy as he's a genuinely good character, a huge Dandy, and not a natural full back. But today he was not far behind Taylor for MOTM.

Can honestly say we are playing better with Hayes in the middle rather than Flood. Not sure we want to upset the applecart by reintroducing him when he's fit. Also think Anderson's days are done.... he's not a patch on Taylor or Reynolds in their current form.

That's some bold statements regarding Taylor, I'm not saying your wrong as I wasn't there and not seen the game. He must have been outstanding,well played.

Sounded like we murdered Saints today and the only disappointing aspect is the inability to convert more of the numerous chances created.

That said, we won the match and are top of the league so we can`t complain.

It`s just a pity that we bottled it against Celtic when we ought to have made sure of 3 points. Had we done so we would be 7 points clear of them and could afford to lose at Parkhead.

Well done to the Dandies anyway - a great start to the New Year.

Taylor's been putting in the performances for weeks, surprised people are only giving him a nod today. Agree with the comments regarding Hayes, he's shown he has real ability wherever he is played and with the options we have I think we actually look strongest and most dangerous with him and Jack in the middle.

I think he's been in fine form bar a few shaky early performances. But today was his best game in a red shirt. Truly epic. Won everything. Possession was superb and was a composed figure. Should have scored as well as he had a free header and blazed it just over the bar.

Ash and Goodwilly both very important players to the team and both played well today. Glad that I backed both from the start :happy:

Despite the win I felt a number of players not playing as well as they can i.e. Hays and McGinn so looking forward to the team playing even better when these players hit top form. Can't take much more of these 1-0 with 10-15 minutes to go so we have to be more clinical in front of goal and when these guys hit form I am sure we will.

Not to be critical but not sure why the 'Special One' keeps taking off Goodwillie ahead of Rooney as we appear to lose the ability to hold on to the ball in midfield when Goodwillie is taken off. Its not as though Rooney wins that much in the air or holds up the ball that well to explain the need for him to stay on the field. Rooney had done very little to warrant staying on up to that point.

Anyway keep the effort up guys that's a number of very difficult games out of the way.

I really am starting to believe that we or United can take this league title from Celtic.

Taylor's been putting in the performances for weeks, surprised people are only giving him a nod today. Agree with the comments regarding Hayes, he's shown he has real ability wherever he is played and with the options we have I think we actually look strongest and most dangerous with him and Jack in the middle.

Amazing that some used to think that Magennis was worth keeping because he could play anywhere. The difference between the two is chalk and cheese. Thankfully, it looks like those days are behind us.

Ash and Goodwilly both very important players to the team and both played well today. Glad that I backed both from the start :happy:

Despite the win I felt a number of players not playing as well as they can i.e. Hays and McGinn so looking forward to the team playing even better when these players hit top form. Can't take much more of these 1-0 with 10-15 minutes to go so we have to be more clinical in front of goal and when these guys hit form I am sure we will.

Not to be critical but not sure why the 'Special One' keeps taking off Goodwillie ahead of Rooney as we appear to lose the ability to hold on to the ball in midfield when Goodwillie is taken off. Its not as though Rooney wins that much in the air or holds up the ball that well to explain the need for him to stay on the field. Rooney had done very little to warrant staying on up to that point.

Anyway keep the effort up guys that's a number of very difficult games out of the way.

I really am starting to believe that we or United can take this league title from Celtic.

hayes and McGinn not playing as well as they can. Are you mental?

Our first goal in the last 15 mins of a game this season. Glad to get that out the way.

Johnny Hayes really has had an excellent season. So good. Fights for absolutely everything, has the pace, has the skill. Back up by the ever composed, calming figure of Ryan Jack. What a pairing.

Taylor now out shining even Reynolds, absolute rock today.

As always, finishing still the problem but the job was done and dusted.