Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

Scales has been decent enough for us so far, but not so good that he'll have clubs queueing up to sign him for £500k.

Have Celtic not just signed another Japanese defender? And are about to sign a Canadian defender as well?

Scales won't be getting anywhere near the starting 11 there. Something like £300k and maybe a sell on clause or something should be enough unless Celtic are awkward.

We are putting Scales in the shop window. He's already on the fringes of the ROI international squad so it's not as if he's a total unknown.

If we think he's good enough to sign, then so might clubs at the bottom end of the English Championship and certainly middle to top EFL1. His pricetag certainly won't discourage them.

It then becomes a question of who can offer him the best contract. I'd imagine clubs of that level can fairly easily match anything we might offer. 

On 11/25/2022 at 5:16 AM, Ten Caat said:

We are putting Scales in the shop window. He's already on the fringes of the ROI international squad so it's not as if he's a total unknown.

If we think he's good enough to sign, then so might clubs at the bottom end of the English Championship and certainly middle to top EFL1. His pricetag certainly won't discourage them.

It then becomes a question of who can offer him the best contract. I'd imagine clubs of that level can fairly easily match anything we might offer. 

Zero puns, carp post 

3 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Worth a look?

If he could undergo some therapy (I'd say hypnosis) to make him concentrate and stay focussed then absolutely. He was absolutely magnificent in the game he played for Scotland and for a few games for Hibs immediately prior and after.

Sadly he's went to shit since and he's got too big for his boots. 

He's certainly better than our captain. But I'd imagine he's looking for cash that you'll only get with the arse cheeks in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

If he could undergo some therapy (I'd say hypnosis) to make him concentrate and stay focussed then absolutely. He was absolutely magnificent in the game he played for Scotland and for a few games for Hibs immediately prior and after.

He's certainly better than our captain. But I'd imagine he's looking for cash that you'll only get with the arse cheeks in Scotland. 

I’d say it’s highly unlikely either of the cheeks will bid for him. An English championship side in the lower reaches will no doubt have already whispered in his agents’ ear. 
Boy is a bam but maybe being  away from Edinburgh will mature him

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe the Bognor Regis B team are looking for a centre half. 
Surely no decent club will want the useless cunt? 

Just seen he was actually with us as a youth. 

The loon can play when his mind is focussed. As I said already, he was fucking magnificent against Ukraine. If he wasn't certain that he was going to get a decent move on the expiration of his contract in the summer (at the latest) I'm sure there would have been no statement about his intentions.....he'd just have kept quiet, and keeping the option of still re-signing with Hibs open as a safety net.

30 minutes ago, Russell said:

Mid Championship at best. The boy Kerr (?) At St. Johnstone seems a better player and I think he ended up league 1

Signed for Wigan when they were in League 1 but now in the Championship. 

19 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Seen some Hibs fans on Twitter talking about it and they said Porteous is currently on £2k a week and they offered him £10k a week on his new contract 😂😂. Don't believe that for a second. And let's be honest if Hibs offered him £10k a week he'd sign the fucking thing and if his performances picked up again teams would still come in for him. That wage is a drop in the ocean for Championship clubs. 

26 minutes ago, Russell said:

Mid Championship at best. The boy Kerr (?) At St. Johnstone seems a better player and I think he ended up league 1

I suppose it comes down to opinions but Steve Clarke doesn't seem to think so. Although you are correct he ended up in EFL1 initially, the club he joined, Wigan, were going well and are now in the Championship.

Bad news is Kerr has just suffered a cruciate injury so he's out for the season. So can't aid Wigan's attempt to stay up, sitting in 3rd bottom place right now.

FWIW I fully expect Porteous to get a slightly better club....Stoke are credited with an interest in buying him in January.

2 hours ago, Russell said:

I know he's a Hibs fan and was desperate to move to ER from St Johnstone. Would have likely been their captain for years to come.

Hibs fans I know gutted the club instead spent the money on that wee Danish forward who'd never played on grass and is now nowhere.

Porteous a decent player and underrated coming out of defence. Think he'll do well down south away from trying to act like a hardman up here.

6 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I know he's a Hibs fan and was desperate to move to ER from St Johnstone. Would have likely been their captain for years to come.

Hibs fans I know gutted the club instead spent the money on that wee Danish forward who'd never played on grass and is now nowhere.

Porteous a decent player and underrated coming out of defence. Think he'll do well down south away from trying to act like a hardman up here.

Agree with you on this. People that say he is rubbish are probably the people that said Scott McKenna was useless. 

1 minute ago, slippers said:

Agree with you on this. People that say he is rubbish are probably the people that said Scott McKenna was useless. 

Wasn't aware anybody said McKenna was useless. Thought he was one of those players everyone just acknowledged is a decent player. I think fans up here don't really appreciate the step up in talent to do it in the EPL every week. Players up here on 2k-8k a week mostly. Down there anywhere up to 200k-300k with McKenna facing Salah, Haaland, Kane, etc.

That he's a LCH adds to his appeal.

I'm happy with Halkett, Kingsley, Sibbick, Cochrane, Rowles. But none anywhere near EPL standard. Maybe Rowles in time. McKenna has done really well.