Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I prefer Skins to some of the recent recruits from abmad.  He can put a reasoned argument forward for a start.

Why he bothers to post on here is beyond me but I like to think he has a secret admiration for Aberdeen. 

Anybody my age has to have some admiration for the Fergie Aberdeen and McLean Utd years. Not just taking it to the Glasgow pair, but Europe.

But long time ago and there's effectively mini leagues now. The top two jockey for the league. Then on size and wage bill you've got to think Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs main teams looking to secure lucrative 3rd. Then the rest. Although blips will happen like last year with poor seasons by Aberdeen and Hibs.

But generally I see Aberdeen as our main challengers each year. So follows I'd be interested.

For any Aberdeen fan to say they have zero interest in what Hearts are up to. Is a lie. Or stupidity. Check the league.

16 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Anybody my age has to have some admiration for the Fergie Aberdeen and McLean Utd years. Not just taking it to the Glasgow pair, but Europe.

But long time ago and there's effectively mini leagues now. The top two jockey for the league. Then on size and wage bill you've got to think Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs main teams looking to secure lucrative 3rd. Then the rest. Although blips will happen like last year with poor seasons by Aberdeen and Hibs.

But generally I see Aberdeen as our main challengers each year. So follows I'd be interested.

For any Aberdeen fan to say they have zero interest in what Hearts are up to. Is a lie. Or stupidity. Check the league.

Good to see you're not classing your regular relegations as a blip 😂

16 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Did you see us as your main challengers during the 50% of the last decade when you were either relegation fodder or a Championship team? I think its safe to say most Aberdeen fans thought of Hearts as an insignificance.

17 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Seems fair, but in all honesty sometimes even you know you are deliberately asking for the abuse, and it’s mind boggling why you come on. But Merry Christmas and hope 2023 for you is decent but shit for your team. 

Guest milne_afc
11 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

No idea why anybody would get bent out of shape because of Skins or Gray’s Babylon. Why they have the time to waste on here is bizarre but they seem like a puckle of sound blokes. 

Totally agree. Great bunch of lads

12 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

No idea why anybody would get bent out of shape because of Skins or Gray’s Babylon. Why they have the time to waste on here is bizarre but they seem like a puckle of sound blokes. 

^ This

And it's always worth remembering that at this time of year it's always good to show some kindness to those far less fortunate than you 😉

Scottish football needs every bit of positive and constructive thing going for it that it can. There are only a few clubs of size. The ugly two can't have any kind of 'bants'. So personally think being able to visit your forum and share thoughts and views isn't a bad thing. As long as I try to respect it's your forum and keep the baiting light. 

Happy Christmas to nearly all of you.

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1

Seen something on social media that was all the US ice hockey teams ranked by the percentage that their fans find their own fans annoying. Bet Celtic would come bottom in the SPFL.

Dunno why but I'd expect Hearts and Hibs to be top two. I can't drink in the Eighteen74 bar at Tynie. A certain type of pro Budge FoH Hearts fans do my head in.

Wrong thread though. But thought would be an interesting table to see.

• Dildo 3
14 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Maybe Anderson will dig deep again 

Know from a source Anderson is gonna back us by a set amount of millions each year, think 3m, but, only for infrastructure stuff, not players.

Ongoing development of Tynie, hotel, possible stadium expansion, training ground costs / Oriam. Investment in Gorgie.

Could argue though if we keep getting third then millions from Europe can go straight to squad as he's covering so much else.

Even if you think I'm fishing, our intent is to put substantial daylight between us and Aberdeen/Hibs and start eroding the annual points difference to the Glasgow pair. I'll say it again, 3rd is essential every year now and more important than ever. We made 4m profit after costs from Europe and didn't really get a kick.

We might fail but I admire the club being ambitious and trying. Anderson money plus FoH plus Europe is nudging 10m a year. For that we want more than finishing above Hibs. Who are on track for back to back bottom half finishes.

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 3
Guest Grays Babylon 1875
54 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Know from a source Anderson is gonna back us by a set amount of millions each year, think 3m, but, only for infrastructure stuff, not players.

Ongoing development of Tynie, hotel, possible stadium expansion, training ground costs / Oriam. Investment in Gorgie.

Could argue though if we keep getting third then millions from Europe can go straight to squad as he's covering so much else.

Even if you think I'm fishing, our intent is to put substantial daylight between us and Aberdeen/Hibs and start eroding the annual points difference to the Glasgow pair. I'll say it again, 3rd is essential every year now and more important than ever. We made 4m profit after costs from Europe and didn't really get a kick.

We might fail but I admire the club being ambitious and trying. Anderson money plus FoH plus Europe is nudging 10m a year. For that we want more than finishing above Hibs. Who are on track for back to back bottom half finishes.

You'll be back in the Championship where you belong, in 3 years.