Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

the ugly sisters have not done any impressive transfer business so far

Celtic have lost Boyata, Allan, Weah, Benkovic, Burke, Toljan and tbc Lustig/Izaguirre. I dont think theyve signed anyone so far?

Huns have lost 5 loanees (Kent and Worrall were first picks) and have a HUGE list of unwanted returning on loan. Theyve signed Hastie and Davis and pushing for Greg Stewart. I think Morelos might finally leave this time so most interesting to see what striker(s) they sign and if Defoe sticks around

Wonder how much he tried to sign Hedges (if in fact at all) as he will certainly know all about him after signing him for Barnsley.

Maybe Hedges doesn’t like him & that swayed it for us.

There were some rumours that Heckingbottom was in for Hedges too... which would suggest that Newell is second choice.  That's just hearsay though.

Hopefully that's the case, and making me feel a bit more confident about Hedges - Newell looks more consistent on paper and certainly plays a lot more games than Hedges.  Will definitely be one to watch...

Celtic have lost Boyata, Allan, Weah, Benkovic, Burke, Toljan and tbc Lustig/Izaguirre. I dont think theyve signed anyone so far?

Huns have lost 5 loanees (Kent and Worrall were first picks) and have a HUGE list of unwanted returning on loan. Theyve signed Hastie and Davis and pushing for Greg Stewart. I think Morelos might finally leave this time so most interesting to see what striker(s) they sign and if Defoe sticks around

Defoe has got another year on his loan so I assume he is staying.

You’re forgetting Jordan Jones has signed for them too. A player that seemed to go missing in the 2nd half of the season but noticed in highlights that he had an assist for 2nd NI goal on Saturday.

Sevco spent in excess of £10million last summer, albeit cash they don't really have (and got lucky with the European draws which got them much further than expected thus recouping nearly all of it ). Given that Celtic's net worth is around 3.5 times that of sevco, are you telling me that they couldn't spend double that outlay if they really needed to? Coupled with the fact they have Dermot Desmond in the background, a guy whose wealth makes Cormack look like a pauper. And as I said before...they've just pulled in a whack in compensation for Brenda and his backroom team, whilst saving themselves at least 50% on managerial wages in doing so.

I'm not saying they'll trust popcorn teeth with their cash as they would Brenda, although there's been a few prominent ex-players encouraging them to do so in the press over that last few days. Celtic's financial model is similar to ours just on a far grander scale.....get in young talent cheaply/develop your own, get a bit of service out them whilst boosting their profile and then sell at a profit when it suits the club.

I'm not saying the will spend £10million on a player. But I'm absolutely certain they could.

Last figures for Celtic were £101 million turnover including player sales. If you knock off the Dembele and Armstrong cash, they were spending 60 of 70 million income on wages - 85%.

They might have cash in the bank but not enough to throw £10,000,000 on a transfer plus 20k a week wages.

Last figures for Celtic were £101 million turnover including player sales. If you knock off the Dembele and Armstrong cash, they were spending 60 of 70 million income on wages - 85%.

They might have cash in the bank but not enough to throw £10,000,000 on a transfer plus 20k a week wages.

Fucking idiot. A £10 million fee doesn't get paid all at once. Could be over 4 years in the tims case.

Those cunts could afford 2 players at that price this season if they needed them. They don't. You obviously haven't got a fucking clue.

Fucking idiot. A £10 million fee doesn't get paid all at once. Could be over 4 years in the tims case.

Those cunts could afford 2 players at that price this season if they needed them. They don't. You obviously haven't got a fucking clue.

Thought you weren't coming back?

Interesting to see if Motherwell have found another striker to make an impact in the SPFL in Christopher Long

Not a great record to date but got to give credit where it is due to Motherwell from past signings up front. They have managed to find some unexpected gems for this level 

Holy fuck you arsehole. You've just been shown up to be a lying hypocrite and you're telling me I haven't got a clue. Genuinely quite astonishing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why are you still posting? Fuck off the board you crank

Those who were worried when there was rumours of big Josh Magennis coming back to Aberdeen will be delighted to see him linked with Sevco now....... Not sure his signing would go down too well with their fans either :-)

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers/rangers-in-talks-over-swoop-for-northern-ireland-striker-josh-magennis-38201766.html

Hopefully he goes there. shite.

where is this from?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/911194/former-st-johnstone-skipper-joe-shaughnessy-taking-study-leave-from-football/

Seems strange... maybe McInnes pulled the plug when he heard Taylor was available.  I'd probably rather have had SHOCKnessy, as he can fill in at right back too... but from the contents of the interview, it sounds like he wasn't that fussed about signing for us.  He's not good enough to leave us hanging like that... so fair play to McInnes.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/911194/former-st-johnstone-skipper-joe-shaughnessy-taking-study-leave-from-football/

Seems strange... maybe McInnes pulled the plug when he heard Taylor was available.  I'd probably rather have had SHOCKnessy, as he can fill in at right back too... but from the contents of the interview, it sounds like he wasn't that fussed about signing for us.  He's not good enough to leave us hanging like that... so fair play to McInnes.

It was months ago it was pulled...

It was months ago it was pulled...

Was aware of the that.  According the interviews, it was months ago that Russ Richardson had his chance encounter with Taylor - who subsequently notified McInnes of his availability.

They probably aren't connected.. but maybe McInnes preferred Taylor, so removed the offer?