Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

Taylor being out of contract will also be on less wages as well. I'd still rather have taken Shaughnessy over Taylor, but money talks and McInnes has worked with both so I trust that he knows which he prefers to work with.

Both were out of contract really & likely would have been offered roughly same money.

I would rather have taylor anyway, and I dont like taylor

Shaughnessy, name pronunciation and shoulder width are horrendous

I thought you would hate that!  Does anyone know the correct pronunciation?   The boy on RedTV definitely sounded like he was over pronouncing it.  He loved it every time we played saints - SHOOOCK-nassy!

"Let us all welcome Joe Shock-na-say.

“I don’t know why everyone finds it hard to say over here! It was the same when I was down in England, everyone used to say it wrong [sean-na-say] so I just got used to it. I have had journalists from Ireland messaging me on twitter saying ‘we need to get them pronouncing your name right’. I did not realise it was such a big thing. I know my dad went and corrected the RedTV commentators at the Hearts game at the end of the season so the two Daves are saying it right now. Hopefully the others will follow! I believe it surprised a few of the RedTV listeners who thought we had signed a new player but I am sure people will soon get used to it and it will catch on”.

Cringe

Haha!  

You could tell the RedTV presenters were loving it every time they go the opportunity!  It was always pronounced with such gusto and real emphasis!

I'm glad we won't have to listen to that all season, next year!

43 caps mean nothing

If you're northern Irish and play football you get in their squad

Won away again tonight....

Do I think NI would have done any better than us tonight? No, in fact I think they might have shipped 5 or 6

However do I think Scotland would have taken 6 points from away games in Estonia and Belarus...no I don't. Probably 3 but no more than 4 and quite possibly just 1

Josh Magennis would be a good signing for us. Watched him the other day against Estonia, thought he looked busy, mobile and strong.

Would be a bit of a shite signing for Huns and their aspirations.

But aye,

Magennis> Main, May

Josh Magennis would be a good signing for us. Watched him the other day against Estonia, thought he looked busy, mobile and strong.

But aye,

Magennis> Main, May

He would but only by comparison to the shite standard we have been allowed to fall to by McInnes in that department.

Tbf to Magennis, I wasn’t one of those totally against him with us. He had his uses sometimes & now & again the ball even bounced off him in the right direction

But aye,

Magennis> Main, May

Last Season:

Magennis - 1 goal every 10.2 games (42)

May - 1 goal every 7 games (44) 

Main - 1 goal every 5.86 games (47)

Main > May > Magennis

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are our aspirations not the same as theirs?

Not according to AFC. 

"Hopefully we'll finish 3rd next year"- Barry Robson, just days after the 'Challenger Club' strategy release.

Last Season:

Magennis - 1 goal every 10.2 games (42)

May - 1 goal every 7 games (44) 

Main - 1 goal every 5.86 games (47)

Main > May > Magennis

If we're talking strikers who don't score, Magennis would be more useful than either of them. At least hes quick. 

If we're talking strikers who don't score, Magennis would be more useful than either of them. At least hes quick. 

The fact we're even having these type of conversations on AFC Chat again worries me... it's reminiscent of the bad old days.

When you look at the current state of our squad, as it is right now, you have to say this is the greatest challenge McInnes has faced since coming to Aberdeen.

The fact we're even having these type of conversations on AFC Chat again worries me... it's reminiscent of the bad old days.

When you look at the current state of our squad, as it is right now, you have to say this is the greatest challenge McInnes has faced since coming to Aberdeen.

Which is why I think we could be headed for an abomination of a season. 

Have to see tho, 5/6 more signings expected, hopefully tying squad players down first.

Which is why I think we could be headed for an abomination of a season. 

Have to see tho, 5/6 more signings expected, hopefully tying squad players down first.

There's still 5 or 6 weeks left until the beginning of the season (although player must be back at training any day now?).

However, it feels like there is just so much work still to do!  It really is an enormous job.

As things stand, GK and CB are the only areas that don't need to be addressed.

Central midfield requires urgent attention... we don't have a left back and we're looking thin on the ground for wide midfielders.  It would appear that we're pinning our hopes on Cosgrove to keep scoring goals!

That including international goals?

Wikis goals at their club last season.

I can't be arsed checking what international goals Magennis scored in a "season" for Northern Ireland. If you did that, you might as well include friendlies as well. 

The point was that Big Joshs scoring record isn't any better than what we have, without going into assists. 

Exactly what kind of midfielder is McGeoch? Attacking/defensive/box to box? The Rat/Kenny Mclean/Ryan Christie?

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mcgeouch-james.1476453/

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/news/sunderland-seemngly-confirm-ex-hibs-hero-dylan-mcgeouchs-going-nowhere/

I thought he'd signed long term at Sunderland... not sure what his contract involved exactly.  I presume he had a release clause if they didn't get promoted?  Anyway, as the above states, he's just triggered an option to stay at Sunderland next season.

So, can we please stop posting about McGeouch - @@Dad that's aimed at you primarily.  :laughing: