Aberdeen V Kf Shkendija (0 - 0) (Agg 1 - 1)

Jack needs to learn how to lead a team. Robson came on the park shouting at everyone, giving advice and leading by example (bar the tackle). Jack needs to be more vocal and have a word with the ref every so often, especially when we were getting some ridiculous decisions against us.

This love in with Robson is getting ridiculous. That substitution could have cost us the tie.

Contributions: Shat out of a challenge that allowed a dangerous counter, dived into tackles in our own penalty area and should have been sent off for a wreckless challenge.

He was yards off the pace. Just because someone shouts and points the finger, it doesn't make them a decent player. Cammy Smith would have been a more useful addition because he's a better ball carrier and probably would have given Shkendija a little more to contend with.

This love in with Robson is getting ridiculous. That substitution could have cost us the tie.

Contributions: Shat out of a challenge that allowed a dangerous counter, dived into tackles in our own penalty area and should have been sent off for a wreckless challenge.

He was yards off the pace. Just because someone shouts and points the finger, it doesn't make them a decent player. Cammy Smith would have been a more useful addition because he's a better ball carrier and probably would have given Shkendija a little more to contend with.

Calm doon min, I wasn't talking about his ability, I was pointing out that Robson encourages the players around him, sticks up for his team to the ref and is far more vocal than Jack has been. This is what Jack needs to learn.

Jack needs to learn how to lead a team. Robson came on the park shouting at everyone, giving advice and leading by example (bar the tackle). Jack needs to be more vocal and have a word with the ref every so often, especially when we were getting some ridiculous decisions against us.

This and very much so… Did very little marshalling his team mates, directing, observing and pushing people… It's a big concern already for me. He's signed, still time to change your mind Del and give it to Shinnie...

Calm doon min, I wasn't talking about his ability, I was pointing out that Robson encourages the players around him, sticks up for his team to the ref and is far more vocal than Jack has been. This is what Jack needs to learn.

This and very much so… Did very little marshalling his team mates, directing, observing and pushing people… It's a big concern already for me. He's signed, still time to change your mind Del and give it to Shinnie...

Jack will grow into this with time. These are attributes that can and will be learned under the guidance of the management team and the experienced pros around the club. Thought his piece in the match day programme from last night's game highlighted this; he knows what he needs to do and who he can learn from, but it will take time for him to fulfil his potential as captain. He mentioned that he learned a lot from Russ and will keep asking him questions and looking for help, so I think it's too early to say it's a concern.

Robson's performance last night substantiated my belief that there isn't a place in the 11 for him. Player/coach capacity that features in the latter stages of league games against lower opposition but not when there is much at stake.

I thought the better option would have been Smith rather than Pawlett....Playing Jack and Flood together is gonna cost us big time soon, there is Zero pace there when we lose the ball...Impressed with the defence bar Logan whos crossing was crap and defending was poor as well............I just think that when Logan and Hayes are crap and not getting crosses into the box then Rooney is ineffective

I thought the better option would have been Smith rather than Pawlett....Playing Jack and Flood together is gonna cost us big time soon, there is Zero pace there when we lose the ball...Impressed with the defence bar Logan whos crossing was crap and defending was poor as well............I just think that when Logan and Hayes are crap and not getting crosses into the box then Rooney is ineffective

Is that nae a bit obvious? It's a bit like saying the goalie was ineffective because the ball was never near his box.

I don't know if someone "grows" into becoming the captain once they get the armband. I think it is certainly possible, but I'd prefer to see a player exhibiting all those qualities BEFORE they get it.

I never ever thought "Ryan Jack should be Captain" before this season. Did anyone else? Cart before horse?

What are we expecting to happen with Jack that will transform him into club Captain material? I don't get it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qvCnXPRJnSI

Highlights for those who didnt see the match.

Don't understand where folk thought we'd give this team a doing over? Just pleased to still be in the competition and confident we'll produce a much greater performance next week.

It shows how strange the draw is in qualifying is. Shkendija are a good side, just seem to lack a real goalscorer. They would have eliminated many of the other seeded teams in the round.

Wee dig at the fans by McInnes on his RedTV interview. Not giving enough support tonight seemingly.

Dangerous road to go down to just telling us some home truths?

Discuss.

Wee dig at the fans by McInnes on his RedTV interview. Not giving enough support tonight seemingly.

Dangerous road to go down to just telling us some home truths?

Discuss.

Can't see the problem, this site if often full of folks slagging his players, team selection and results so surely folks can take it if they want to dish it out?

Too right he should be slating the atmosphere. Considering we have an organised singing section, they were pretty quiet for the whole game.

Is their purpose not to make up for quiet cunts like me who wish to just watch the game and cheer on the team as opposed to singing my heart out?

Too right he should be slating the atmosphere. Considering we have an organised singing section, they were pretty quiet for the whole game.

Is their purpose not to make up for quiet cunts like me who wish to just watch the game and cheer on the team as opposed to singing my heart out?

Couldn't attend, so can't comment. But was his comments aimed at the lack of vocal support, or a general malaise/moaning at the performance/scoreline?

He's been 100% behind us up until this point, usually going out of his way to say how good we are. But this is the 1st time I can recall that he's directly called our support into question.

I think that, even when the players are having an off day, the support are pretty decent and don't get on players backs - like they would under previous regimes. Sure, we may not be Ballistët level of 'pure dead mentalness' but for a inherently dour North East bunch of folk, we don't do too bad. Could always improve, but I think in much the same way as his players flopped on the night, he should allow the support an off day too, before doing anything to ignite any needle.

McInnes is right to slate the atmosphere but if you want to be a quiet cunt then is your opinion on atmosphere really valid? The singing section isn't single handedly going to make an atmosphere if the vast majority choose to get on the team's back. You saw the great support they got at home last week, Aberdeen fans don't have it in themselves to support the team unconditionally, i'm not sure why they are even bothering with a singing section after the various ultra initiatives over the year that show the vast majority of Aberdeen fans want to sit in silence and the highlight of their match day experience is getting home to have a pop at the fans who do want to sing or the players on a message forum.

Couldn't attend, so can't comment. But was his comments aimed at the lack of vocal support, or a general malaise/moaning at the performance/scoreline?

He's been 100% behind us up until this point, usually going out of his way to say how good we are. But this is the 1st time I can recall that he's directly called our support into question.

I think that, even when the players are having an off day, the support are pretty decent and don't get on players backs - like they would under previous regimes. Sure, we may not be Ballistët level of 'pure dead mentalness' but for a inherently dour North East bunch of folk, we don't do too bad. Could always improve, but I think in much the same way as his players flopped on the night, he should allow the support an off day too, before doing anything to ignite any needle.

We went away to a 20,000 ground with 5,000 or something in it and they got amazing backing. McInnes asked for similar support, got a healthy crowd of 14,000 but most sat in silence, preferring to offer their support via tactical insights and other bollocks. I'm surprised it's taken him so long to have a pop at our awful home support..

• Upvote 1