Aberdeen V Kf Shkendija (0 - 0) (Agg 1 - 1)

Decent enough first half...poor second half, thought Ward looked decent enough and kept us in the Europa late on.. The Euro Fan in the SS was a welcome addition a corkscrew haired Dutch/Polish bloke who gave it large for the full 90 mins...a total pop geezer.

He was quite entertaining.

And in a piece of good news - how much better is the south stand with only one fence and the whole of the SS feeling like one crowd not two

Also confirms that the Celtic or any other team will only get the section at the end now and not 2/3s of the stand

Taylor and Considine were great at centre half.. both seemed very composed on the ball which was pleasing to see.

Shinnie like others say is class, will be a good addition to the team,

Mclean i thought had a better game - one point where he nutmegged a guy in the middle was class

jack absolutely loves a drag back - i'd like to see him get stuck in the refs face more and stand up for the players a bit more

hayes - simply WOW, best we forget tonight

Mcginn was decent enough, rooney didn't do much, flood was nae bad but couple dodgy passes,

logan was okay - up against their left winger no18 who IMO was their best player

other the one dodgy kick and fumble (i presume ball moved) ward looked good

Tighter tie than any of us thought it would be. Just put the performance of a few of them down to being a bit rusty at the start of the season. Not to worried overall.

Shinnie will be a great addition. McLean looked good, thought he was one of the more effective players when he was taken off. I do think we need another option up front though. Fingers crossed that's stevie may.

Aye I'll put the worst of tonight down to rustiness but jeez Louise! Way too close for comfort.

Biggest concern was simply that a team with the creative fire power of McGinn, Maclean and Hayes plus Logan and Shinnie overlapping ( is there a better formation of players in Scotland right now?). Yet we still couldn't score or even draw a decent save.

Onwards and hopefully upwards unlike our tractor driving pals fae Perth.

Dreadful stuff. The Macedonians had 3 very good chances to score tonight and deserved to go through. The best part was the curly haired guy in X shouting oot him or the guy in Y that swung for a seagull as it flew past.

Speaking of which the seagulls were a menace, something needs done.

The queue for the toilets is torture when holding in a few pints and the queues for the food were also embarrassin, they ran out as soon as I was next in line.

New stadium can't come quick enough...

we didnt really seem to know the front line at all mclean hayes mcginn and rooney all seemed to be LW TW CF and in the hole at various point in the game

What was worrying for me was

1, With 15 mins to go we needed 2 subs but had about 5 players dead on their feet flood and Hayes were done in

2. We needed to put Robson into the middle to help shore it up and get a grip of it - besides our new captain

3. See point 1 our fitness seems shot so need more work but also our ball control was awful

What was good for me

1. Mclean seems a better player this year

2. Shinnie a definite welcome addition

3. Ward the juries out still - awful fumble for their free kick, good save at the end

Oh and we obviously have gone for the cheap disappearing spray in Scotland - you can hardly see the spfl version from 5 yards away and its gone in 10 seconds this stuff in the Europa is like shaving foam

!

Pretty much spot on.

Wowzers.

Really poor tonight.

I thought this team wouldn't be a push over and so it proved, but we should have been so much better over the two legs.

They certainly created more chances over 2 legs than we did.

Some players looked seriously unfit and seemed to have forgotten how to control or pass a ball over the summer.

Some really poor individual performances tonight. Hayes being the worst for me. His change of footwear didn't improve him any.

Was pleased with McLean. Much improved, but ran out of steam.

I thought we missed Floods heel nipping after he went off. Robson did nothing to calm the nerves.

Shinnie is class. Stands out a mile.

Great save from Ward at the end. Echoes of Snelders in the 89 Cup Final against the dead team.

Anyone else think the pitch was watered too much?

Seemed really heavy.

Still, we're through and a jolly to Croatia beckons.

Roll on Tuesday evening.

Dreadful stuff. The Macedonians had 3 very good chances to score tonight and deserved to go through. The best part was the curly haired guy in X shouting oot him or the guy in Y that swung for a seagull as it flew past.

Speaking of which the seagulls were a menace, something needs done.

The queue for the toilets is torture when holding in a few pints and the queues for the food were also embarrassin, they ran out as soon as I was next in line.

New stadium can't come quick enough...

Aye seagulls are a joke ,same with toilet q will be moving my seat to rdu ! ss is joke of a stand now ,like you say its 2015 new Stadia PLEASE

Would take a 2-1 loss over at Rjieka. if we got a 1-1 draw over there it would mean a similar game to tonight's with us attacking in the first half and then becoming feart late on of going forward and taking risks in case of conceding, rjieka would punish us for that. However if we got a 2-1 loss over there then it'd mean we would have to attack them at pittodrie and then hopefully play well and take a few risks, less time spent on the backfoot

Excellent performance from Considine after picking up an early booking.

Taylor was assured as was Shinnie at left-back.

Logan was o.k. but never beat his man going forward.

I thought Flood did a good job defensively tonight and had a decent all round game.

Jack needed to be more adventurous going forward but did o.k.

Hayes was very poor, Rooney couldn't get into it but Mclean & McGinn had reasonable games.

Ward did well with just one mishit kick and a brilliant save.

Pawletts shot aside our subs were poor.

Agree we need another option in attack.

COYR!

Schoolboy stuff all night. Where do I start?

Surprised by the amount of Flood pass marks- what an awful footballer. He can be the new Langfield scapegoat for me this season.

The better team over 2 legs didn't go through. They were fitter than us, had more passion, had that dirty streak that we lack (other than Robson's horrendous tackle) and played with a better TEMPO.

What we lack is tempo- playing the ball about at pace. We have the players to do it but we play pansy neat triangles and one touch bull shit with zero penetration. So frustrating. The worst thing for me tonight was how far off we stood from their players! The shittest players at Goals know how good it is to have space and time on the ball, and that on a pitch smaller than my living room! The shittest player at Goals also knows how much tougher it is when constantly pressed and closed down by and even worse player.

Bit of a rant but you get the point - we were shit. So shit that I agree with everything Millertime said. That's a first.

I think that part of the reason we have struggled against this lot over two legs is the style of football they play is similar to what we try to do. Invite teams on to us and then hit them on the break. Noticed it in the first half when very early on it was end to end and ridiculously open. One minute we looked threatening, the next it looked like we could concede.

Shinnie was class in the first half. He just loves to be on the ball and clearly loves his attacking responsibilities which is an absolute joy to watch. Solid at the back too.

Logan and Hayes were pish but that was obvious.

My main bug bear was how poor we were in the second half when we should have been bucking up our ideas after an inconsistent first half. We were so slow out of the traps after the break.

Robson is as past it as he was last season. Funny that. He should have been red carded for an immature tackle. Ref was a joke all game.

Everyone's favourite technical genius Goodwillie was pish and somehow managed to get himself booked the short time he was on. Get rid.

When Rooney took it to the corner flag with a few minutes to go when we had a half decent break - perhaps necessary but my goodness, depressing. Can't believe we haven't had this tie wrapped up in more comfortable fashion. We're through though and I hope Del sorts this lot out for a tie where we are up against it big time.

I think tonight just sums up how poor Scottish football has become. Armenian team putting out St Johnstone (who got the better of us last season) and ourselves beating a Macedonian team that were probably better than us over 2 legs. Nonetheless looking forward to Croatia and lumping on -1 Rijeka to cover my early Croatia jaunt to make Ultra Festival and do a few nights in Hvar. Cannae wait.

I think tonight just sums up how poor Scottish football has become. Armenian team putting out St Johnstone (who got the better of us last season) and ourselves beating a Macedonian team that were probably better than us over 2 legs. Nonetheless looking forward to Croatia and lumping on -1 Rijeka to cover my early Croatia jaunt to make Ultra Festival and do a few nights in Hvar. Cannae wait.

I don't think it's entirely how shit Scottish football has become overall more so that Eastern European clubs have got a lot better, this isn't the 1990's anymore. Most of the Eastern bloc have emerging economies and money to splash. Look at Shekdenkiii they splashed out and resigned that guy from brondby for 5k a week, and their board want to enter the champs league in the next few years so are investing in them.

I think we we're all a bit nieve (St J included) to assume that our opposition were European backwater and easy fodder, luckily for us we managed to get by

Guest milne_afc

To clarify, what you are saying is you'd prefer us to get beat in order to win?

I can only assume that you are a mongol.Good luck buddy.

LOL & +1