Aberdeen V Kf Shkendija (0 - 0) (Agg 1 - 1)

You can't deny our home support is shocking.

The most animated we get is during a bad referee decision or a bad tackle. I think we need a good away support to react off of, it's like a graveyard when there's a tiny opposition support.

Bring back alcohol at games

I do genuinely blame the stadium for the bad atmosphere. I just don't think Pittodrie is conducive to a good atmosphere. I also dunno why the singing section folk demanded to be put up the back of the RDS upper where nobody can hear them.

Tinkcastle has the right idea; high stands make for better acoustics and the sound travels better. When we get our new stadium (lol) it'll hopefully improve along with attendances. Maybe wishful thinking on my part.

I was in RDU and the singing section is horrendous. Few 17yo's with a drum and nae a wet finger between them. Atmosphere was shite but what's new?

The seagulls were a laugh to watch which says a lot about the game. Our fans booed when they never returned the ball after it was put out for an injury and they punted back to Ward, so I can see their gripe at the end. Goodwillie likes to wind folk up though.

Mentioned before...The wild haired/eyed Dutch/Polish bloke in the South Stand who was giving it yahoo for the whole game was told to be quiet by quite a few around him...some cunt even had a moan at me about the noise he was making...so in essence We're AFC and we give any fucker who tries to lift the volume level a hard time...sad times.

Would a 'hostile' crowd at Pittodrie make a difference? I don't know.

Think it does.

Puts a lot of visiting teams on edge and can make them nervy.

Pittodrie is a very welcoming stadium for sway teams. Quiet, their own fans are the first thing they see when they come out and when things aren't going well for us on the pitch we can turn nasty pretty quickly.

Merkland also makes it sound like a swimming pool

Would a 'hostile' crowd at Pittodrie make a difference? I don't know.

Absolutely. Think of the atmosphere we created in the European run under JC, it was electric and definitely helped the team. Whether that be by motivating or making it difficult for the opposition, I genuinely believe the 12th man is a thing.

The atmosphere on Thursday was shocking. It's the grumbling that bothers me. When we are retaining the ball for a period of time, a lot of the fans start to russle their sweety wrappers as it were. If fans are upset with the way a game is going there has to be some actual noise to spur the team on.

Del is right to criticise the support. Everyone has a responsibility in Aberdeen being successful.

Guest milne_afc

McInnes was having a go at the spastics who were booing in the last 15 minutes when we were keeping the ball and passing backwards instead of launching attacks.

Support was shit- clearly many had turned up expecting a stroll in the park

Unbelievable lack of knowledge displayed towards the end of the hand-held we didn't need to force the issue as we were effectively 1-0 up with 10 minutes left.

Ball retention was required- not gung ho forays into their box

Support was shit- clearly many had turned up expecting a stroll in the park

Unbelievable lack of knowledge displayed towards the end of the hand-held we didn't need to force the issue as we were effectively 1-0 up with 10 minutes left.

Ball retention was required- not gung ho forays into their box

Had a row at a game with a boy I used to work with once. He was screaming stuff like "get it up the fucking park". I told him I'd rather we held on to it until there was enough space to create a chance. His reply was "if you launch it up the field 20 times then you are bound to get at least once chance".

He's happy to give the opposition the ball 19 times if it means we might get a sniff at goal once. Bizarre.

Had a row at a game with a boy I used to work with once. He was screaming stuff like "get it up the fucking park". I told him I'd rather we held on to it until there was enough space to create a chance. His reply was "if you launch it up the field 20 times then you are bound to get at least once chance".

He's happy to give the opposition the ball 19 times if it means we might get a sniff at goal once. Bizarre.

Roid club nomination.

Pittodrie has had a shit atmosphere for years. Even when we were the greatest team in Europe we weren't getting average gates of over 15/16k...

The singing section is the right idea but as with everything (particularly with us) it will take a while for our fans to get behind it as opposed to instantly moaning about it.

Also the team we were playing were no one anyone had heard of. It felt like pre season not a European qualifier, it's also the middle of July. The kids are barely on school holidays and some adults will be out of the country.

But ultimately unless Celtic/Zombies or a big team are playing at Pittodrie when have you ever had a great atmosphere since are last big European run ?

Quite a few things contibute:

- Rubbish stadium

- Best stand for getting decent atmosphere being used as family stand

- Location of away fans between more vocal stands (meaning you never get much happening in unison between them)

You can see from away games that the atmosphere is better. Drink forms a part of that, but there is also the fact that all Aberdeen fans are in one area, and generally speaking are the more hardcore element of the support.

Personally, I can sit through the game quietly, or join in creating an atmosphere. Last week, I was probably too nervous at the way game was going to say I enjoyed the game. I can understand why the crowd went the way it did, though there was a lot of moronic comments and too much getting on the players' backs.

The mongs in the RDU had a good opportunity to make an impact on the atmosphere by staying in Section X, like they were offered by the club.

The chief superfan didn't like that he wasnt consulted about going to Section X, so got his merry band of teenage mongs to write to the club and get his own way.

A definite success, as you can see.