Aberdeen V Kf Shkendija (0 - 0) (Agg 1 - 1)

Don't know why people are greeting. We know he was signed as a left back but Consi's doing well there and Shinnie is probably one of our better centre mids so it's beneficial to line up that way against Shkendija.

When it's more beneficial to have Shinnie at left back then I'm sure we'll have him there.

Edit - Isn't it just horrible having versatile players?

I'll agree that it was sensible to have him in midfield over there as it gave us the defensive edge to deal with the heat, but for games at home against teams we should be beating, then players should be played in their natural positions if at all possible. I just can't see the benefit of playing Shinnie in the middle when we have the chance to build a settled back four for the season ahead (obviously barring Reynolds' injury).

I'll agree that it was sensible to have him in midfield over there as it gave us the defensive edge to deal with the heat, but for games at home against teams we should be beating, then players should be played in their natural positions if at all possible. I just can't see the benefit of playing Shinnie in the middle when we have the chance to build a settled back four for the season ahead (obviously barring Reynolds' injury).

That's the thing... whenever I see Shinnie in midfield he looks pretty damn natural! He absolutely bossed the midfield against Celtic when he was at ICT and that's exactly the type of player we are missing.

To me, he's a natural central midfielder... and a damn good one at that! Crack on with Shinnie in the midfield - he can drop back if we're ever missing Considine.

• Upvote 3

That's the thing... whenever I see Shinnie in midfield he looks pretty damn natural! He absolutely bossed the midfield against Celtic when he was at ICT and that's exactly the type of player we are missing.

To me, he's a natural central midfielder... and a damn good one at that! Crack on with Shinnie in the midfield - he can drop back if we're ever missing Considine.

+11

You could play Messi at centre half and he'd look natural! Point is, it's not where he's best.

------------------------------------------Nicky Walker-----------------------------------------------------

Stephen Wright ------ Toni Kombouare ------- Thomas Solberg --------- Colin Woodthorpe

Chris Clark --------------- Paul Kane --------- Haraldur Ingolffsson -------- Joe Miller

----------------------------------------Etienne Verveer ---------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------- Leigh Hinds -----------------------------------------------------

Is Eric Delemeaoueaoueaoeueax on the bench or suspended?

If you're talking about the semi final, he was played at left back.

Don't really get the Shinnie argument. He can play in midfield, he can play at the back. Let him do so.

It was a problem before because the players "out of position" weren't good enough in their own positions. Derek Young and Stuart Duff in the full-back berths against Sigma, anyone??

It was a problem before because the players "out of position" weren't good enough in their own positions. Derek Young and Stuart Duff in the full-back berths against Sigma, anyone??

I can't remember which of the two, but one of them was playing centre back in that game...