Nk Rijeka V Aberdeen (0 - 3)

Josh Magennis has international caps.

Kirk Broadhoof has international caps.

Gary Kenneth has an international cap

Having one or two international caps doesn't always equate to being a great footballer. I'm not saying that these guys are as bad as the donkeys mentioned above, but let's not pretend we're up against Bayern Munich or Barcelona here.

• Upvote 1

Josh Magennis has international caps.

Kirk Broadhoof has international caps.

Gary Kenneth has an international cap

Having one or two international caps doesn't always equate to being a great footballer. I'm not saying that these guys are as bad as the donkeys mentioned above, but let's not pretend we're up against Bayern Munich or Barcelona here.

A regular that is likely going to the World Cup. Scary.

KSL took this from a bar overlooking the stadium, better not post a picture with him in it as he might take offence.

11739602_10153100343681025_1913571634_n.

Loving the giant boulder perched precariously over the nearest stand... just waiting for a bit of rain to send it bouncing down onto the heids of what I suspect will be the away fans :thumbup1:

I can see DMC starting Flood and Robson for this. If he starts either, we'll be well beaten. Both, and it'll be 4 or 5.

Will be a really tough game, just hoping we can perform to our best - something I'd argue we haven't done since Hamilton away in February.

Completely agree. Hamilton away in February was funnily enough the game before Flood returned from injury. No coincidence that we haven't played well since with Flood mainly in the middle and sometimes Robson. Mcinnes must watch a different game to me.

I can see DMC starting Flood and Robson for this. If he starts either, we'll be well beaten. Both, and it'll be 4 or 5.

Will be a really tough game, just hoping we can perform to our best - something I'd argue we haven't done since Hamilton away in February.

Completely agree. Hamilton away in February was funnily enough the game before Flood returned from injury. No coincidence that we haven't played well since with Flood mainly in the middle and sometimes Robson. Mcinnes must watch a different game to me.

I'm less pessimistic.

I can see the reasoning behind playing Flood in away games. The home team has the job of winning the tie at home and shoring up away from home, so they'll be looking to settle into their chosen pattern as soon as they can. With Flood belting around in the middle, breaking up play and getting in their faces, that's going to be more difficult than if they're facing someone who isn't necessarily that kind of player.

As for how good this mob is, has anyone even heard of them? How good is their league, or the competition they've faced in Europe? Keep in mind we got a draw against Bayern Munich with Zander Diamond and Darren Mackie in the team, and went through to the group stages after eliminating Dnipro (Last years Europa Cup finalists iirc?) with a similar team of feckless twats.

They're a total unknown to most of us, and we could as easily come away with a 2 goal lead as a 2 goal deficit.

I'm less pessimistic.

I can see the reasoning behind playing Flood in away games. The home team has the job of winning the tie at home and shoring up away from home, so they'll be looking to settle into their chosen pattern as soon as they can. With Flood belting around in the middle, breaking up play and getting in their faces, that's going to be more difficult than if they're facing someone who isn't necessarily that kind of player.

I am afraid I can't agree. In home games he stops our ability to break teams down. In away games against better teams he stops our ability to play on the break. He may break up pay but his next pass often straight back to the opposition is the problem. Good teams don't have a player like him in their team. Until we stop starting him we won't progress IMO. We have already gone backwards since his return from injury last season.

I am afraid I can't agree. In home games he stops our ability to break teams down. In away games against better teams he stops our ability to play on the break. He may break up pay but his next pass often straight back to the opposition is the problem. Good teams don't have a player like him in their team. Until we stop starting him we won't progress IMO. We have already gone backwards since his return from injury last season.

He serves a purpose similar to Hurlock (without the level of violence) or Stuart Pearce or Gattuso (without the level of ability). Lots of work pestering their midfield. Admittedly his passing is... not great, though you would more likely expect the likes of Hayes, Shinnie, McGinn, or McLean to be starting the attacks, rather than Flood. Creating chances I don't see as being his role. General pain in the arse is more his style.

I admit to a liking for that sort of a player in my teams.

Anyway, as I say, I can understand the pros and cons. He's got a great engine and is scared of nothing, but his inability to pick out a pass does cause serious problems at times. So I'm not scratching my heid when I see his name on the teamsheet in a game like this.

I don't think they will be. Sociedad weren't on form when we met them but they compete in a much stronger league.

This team will be decent and certainly we are the underdogs but I think many have taken the statistics onboard a bit too much. I think we could easily paint a picture of Aberdeen in the same manner that would make Rijeka think we are better than we are. We had a run of however many wins and clean sheets last season, we pushed Celtic to the split in the title race, Europe League performance etc.

It would be interesting to see what players of theirs have what number of caps. If there are 10 players with a couple caps each, that could just be a sign of the fact that Croatia don't have a settled national team at the moment. That's purely me speculating but that doesn't always reveal the full story.

We have a chance against this lot if we are organised with the correct personnel and put in a strong team performance. I'm looking forward to seeing how we fare.

Good post. Hopefully you are right and that some, myself included, are reading too much into Rijeka's strong home record and capped players (several are just the 1-2 caps but considering quality of Croatia side, still a mark of quality/potential).

Just saw they did only manage a 0-0 draw away at newly promoted side last Friday in the Croatian league's opening weekend, so may well be shiteing the breeks a bit prematurely.

Some of us ken what we're talking about though.

Team for Rijeka:

................. Ward

Logan Taylor Considine Shinnie

................ Daniels

..... McGinn Jack Hayes

............... McLean

................Rooney

Who's this Daniels cunt you've got in the team instead of Flood?

You fucking nonce, you have no idea what you're speaking about at all? You seriously call yourself a Dons fan. You've no idea min

McGinn behind the striker. Thick cunt.

Fixed.

................. Ward

Logan Taylor Considine Shinnie

................ Daniels

..... Driver Jack Hayes

............... McGinn

................Rooney