Scottish Premiership Season 2015/16 - 85 Point Target

How on earth do Celtic have such a good goal difference? Realistically we need 4 points on them as how gutting would it be to come second on goal difference. And Ronnie to stay because the players really aren't playing for him, absolutely no fight from them today.

Because they dinna get fucking pumped 5-1 at home and they have it in them to beat teams 8-1

We play more comfortably away.

Fair enough but our home record is better this season.

Three away wins in a row now would put down a serious marker & really get the doubters thinking we quite possibly are in a title race after all.

Regardless this unbeaten run is pretty good going, especially when you consider that we haven't really been on top form fully.

Tired?

Indeed, but no denying the fact is had we not dropped silly point sover Christmas we'd be clear and they'd be chasing us, not the other way round.

No the yawn signifies that you're going over boring old ground again.

The tims also dropped silly points during the festive season.

Had we lost last night we'd be 9 points behind. We're now 3 points behind.

Draws against Partick, Caley etc. happen. It's the games against Celtic that will decide the season.

No the yawn signifies that you're going over boring old ground again.

The tims also dropped silly points during the festive season.

Had we lost last night we'd be 9 points behind. We're now 3 points behind.

Draws against Partick, Caley etc. happen. It's the games against Celtic that will decide the season.

I'm well aware what it signified.

We could go on to win against them down there and still rue the dropped points at home to Caley and Partick.

You have to win your home games.

Killie drew at Parkhead and Motherwell won there.

We have to beat Celtic more than any other team.

Of course we do.

But say we win all our games between now and the end of the season and Celtic win all theirs apart from the one with us, we'll more than likely lose it on goal difference and be left ruing those dropped points at home.

Unless my math is completely off...

Of course we do.

But say we win all our games between now and the end of the season and Celtic win all theirs apart from the one with us, we'll more than likely lose it on goal difference and be left ruing those dropped points at home.

Unless my math is completely off...

First of all it's maths and not math. You're not a yank.

Secondly yes that would be the likely scenario given how far ahead their GD is.

What would have cost us the title is the first defeat at Parkhead.

Fed up saying this. Games against the other teams even themselves up. We'll drop points and they will. Get over it KSL. The game against Partick isn't worth bothering about. The games against the tims are key.

Also, crucially, we're now within them shipping a draw (as opposed to a defeat) which is much more likely for them to do to the destination of the title being in our hands. Yes we've to win in Glasgow (assuming they don't implode which is where that pressure not even to draw kicks in - how composed did they look last night? Like fuck they were!) but I'd have bitten your hand off (sorry Johnnie) for that opportunity at the start of the season.

Delia is now on the wrong end of a no win situation. Shame.

Fed up saying this. Games against the other teams even themselves up. We'll drop points and they will. Get over it KSL. The game against Partick isn't worth bothering about. The games against the tims are key.

Would we have won the league last season had we won all our games vs Celtic?

p.s. Last season we had 5 points less against the rest of the league than Celtic.

Celtic picked up 6 points more than us in the last 3 games of the season (ignoring Aberdeen v Celtic). I'd argue that by the times the games meant nothing we petered out, but we kept up with them against the rest of the league until game 34. If we hadn't had the 3 defeats to Celtic by that point, I think the results in that last 3 games could have been very different.

They have done better against the other teams in the league this season. There's no doubt our performances against the rest could be better.

Guest RosemountRed

We basically must go on now winning almost every game. This Saturday will be our biggest test in my opinion. SJ seem to know how to beat us.

That would be ruling out the slim but possible implosion of Celtic.Injury to Griffiths

Not in any way wishing anybody ill, but our best chance of getting the 4 pts that will see us win is an injury to Griffiths. Not to beliitle Rooney either but Rooney doesnt make goals he gets himself on the end of others work. If Rooney had an injury that took him out of the team for 4 weeks I feel confident that others could benefit from the work provided by the rest of the team. ( I sometimes struggle to understand how rooney scores penalties as they seem out of his normal shooting range!)

Most of Rooneys Goals will also have an "assist by" attached

Griffiths though is not only the scorer he also is the creator, his goal last night sums it up quite well. very few of his goals will have an "assist by" he makes his own goals, if you lose Griffiths for 4 weeks then not only do you need someone to score but also to assist

The greatest benefit to us would see Griffiths injured

Celtic certainly rely on him heavily and he is the man for Scottish football. Hopefully Celtic play CKR a lot and knock griffiths off his natural game

Wouldn't surprise me. Deila seems to grudge playing Griffiths and seemed desperate to drop him last season. I'd imagine he'll try and use this new thug that he's purchased to prove to everyone that he was right all along and Griffiths isn't good enough. Mind this boy also nearly let Commons go. The man's a fucking disaster.