County (H)

Dundee (A)

Hearts (H)

Killie (A)

Caley (H)

Partick (H)

St Johnstone (A)

This would be a good time to go and win 8 in a row

On our eight game winning run I was confident going into any game that we could & would win.

Some of the wins were not really convincing but we done just enough but I was still confident going into them that we could beat anyone in the league.

Amazing how quickly that team changed & I went back to worrying that any team in the league can beat us easily.

All the teams that have taken points from us (except Celtic cos we just played them) have since been dropping points willy nilly.

We are pish again & lacking confidence & starting to look like the Aberdeen team we all got used to over the past couple of decades.

Our squad is weak in many ways. Far too many hiders & not enough battlers.

Desperately need the January window but I think even second could be beyond us by the time it comes around because I cannot see the current team/squad sorting themselves out any time soon.

Won't be long now until we are dependent on just the Scottish cup for any kind of enjoyment for the season.

First Round of 11 games: 24/33 points. 2 points behind lead

Second 11 Matches - TARGET - 8 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses - 25 points

TARGET - 8 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses - 25 points

Motherwell (H) 1-1 DRAW

Celtic (A) 3-1 LOSS

TARGET - 8 wins and 1 loss - 24 points

United (H)

Hamilton (A)

County (H)

Dundee (A)

Hearts (H)

Killie (A)

Caley (H)

Partick (H)

St Johnstone (A)

This would be a good time to go and win 8 in a row.

As Fine n Dandy says no faith in us getting a result anywhere anymore. Worrying times. What the fuck happened since Tynecastle

Would you rather win 8 then lose 8 or win/lose alternate weekends?

Haven't been happy with fitba for ages, it seems

We are good enough to push for the title this season but appear to be bottling it. That is tougher to take than actually being shit and becoming immune to it which has been the majority of the last 20 years

We are good enough to push for the title this season but appear to be bottling it. That is tougher to take than actually being shit and becoming immune to it which has been the majority of the last 20 years

Our squad is not good enough imo.

Yeah we had a great run. Rode our luck a little in that run but we were confident & that got us through some of those games.

That confidence has gone & is a long way from returning. The rest have been reminded that we are not as great as the eight game run would have everyone believe in reality.

We are good. Better than the rest throughout the season (if we can get our tails up again) but we have a severe lack of bottle imo.

We need to strengthen in Jan & bring in some more players with a bit of fkn steel about them.

The squad is as good or as bad as you make it. If you don't use Smith/Robson for ten games in a row then they cant come in and make a decent contribution.

Etc etc. See Parker, McLaughlin. If you use the squad correctly it can be a great benefit. McInnes doesnt like to use his squad.

I cant remember him taking Jack or McGinn off at 60 mins before - should be doing more of that so they are not dead on their feet against Hibs and we lose in the last minute

The squad is as good or as bad as you make it. If you don't use Smith/Robson for ten games in a row then they cant come in and make a decent contribution.

Etc etc. See Parker, McLaughlin. If you use the squad correctly it can be a great benefit. McInnes doesnt like to use his squad.

I cant remember him taking Jack or McGinn off at 60 mins before - should be doing more of that so they are not dead on their feet against Hibs and we lose in the last minute

Said all along our squad was too small (as far as quality goes) we have around about 12 - 14 decent outfield first team players we can happily rely on. The rest are shirt fillers. Some of those 'decent' players are hit & miss though. ie Flood, Pawlett, Quinn, Goodwillie & even Jack.

Squad (as a whole) is very weak imo. No strength in depth. Even with game time.

Very few players in our team have earned a deserved 'certain starter' label imo.

Everyone can have dips in form but your decent first team players (even during dips in form) should still be good enough to not have you thinking they SHOULD be dropped.

Edit..Shinnie is about the only player in our squad that nobody has suggested should be dropped this season.

McGinn, McLean, Hayes, Ward can all be given benefit of doubt because they can still be very influential in games during dips of form & therefore still 'almost' always justify a start every week.

Motherwell (H) 1-1 DRAW

Celtic (A) 3-1 LOSS

United (H) 2-0 WIN

TARGET - 7 wins and 1 loss - 21 points

United (H)

Hamilton (A)

County (H)

Dundee (A)

Hearts (H)

Killie (A)

Caley (H)

Partick (H)

St Johnstone (A)

AT LAST! Hopefully we can follow it up by putting a run together

Looking at the fixtures, no reason why we can't put together another run of eight wins if today has lifted confidence.

Nae so sure. On early season form (with momentum in our favour) I would have agreed but the next six games are pretty tough for the current side. Decent form sides at home & 2 times plastic pitches & a tough tie away to Dundee. Win all them & I will be very pleasantly surprised.

Agreed. No games a gimme but the ability to go two up and then pass our way to full time will see us through. Still unclear where that preposterous 5 game run came from. Agree we weren't that good in 8 in a row, but we weren't that bad either. Not the best team, but the best team are their shitest for years and still rediculously have an arrogance about them. Knowing that hearts, County etc will put up a fight has to help us too.

Could be worse. Could be Arabs. I mean just WTF was that?

Motherwell (H) 1-1 DRAW

Celtic (A) 3-1 LOSS

United (H) 2-0 WIN

TARGET - 7 wins and 1 loss - 21 points

United (H)

Hamilton (A)

County (H)

Dundee (A)

Hearts (H)

Killie (A)

Caley (H)

Partick (H)

St Johnstone (A)

AT LAST! Hopefully we can follow it up by putting a run together

Great to get 3 points yesterday but Utd are an embarrassment so let's not get carried away!

If we build up a head of steam the next round of games are winnable though.

We've just got to get back to basics again. Which i think McInnes has done.

Hame by game again starting with Hamilton away. That is very winnable, then County at home. But only if we play to strengths, play together as one and quit fucking about with line ups.

Only alteration i'd make is moving McLean inside and Pawlett out wide.

• 2 weeks later...

Motherwell (H) 1-1 DRAW

Celtic (A) 3-1 LOSS

United (H) 2-0 WIN

Hamilton (A) 1-1 DRAW

TARGET - 7 wins - 21 points

County (H)

Dundee (A)

Hearts (H)

Killie (A)

Caley (H)

Partick (H)

St Johnstone (A)

Hmmm. This is not working out :-(

Are we worse off than last season yet?

We certainly need at least a couple of decent players in in January.

This team/squad is not strong enough & is lacking bottle (as a whole).

Hasn't taken much to turn us into a very poor/average side, much like all the rest in the league. The fact that we are up against poor sides mostly is our saving grace but these sides will likely strengthen in January so McInnes hopefully has a plan in mind to improve us.

Hearts for example will as usual spend above their means again & they are not far away from being better than us at the moment sadly.

Just hope McInnes doesn't think that the team he has is good enough to work with & finish the season (better than last as that is supposed to be his target after all) because it is clear to see we are not.

We need one very good central midfielder. It's the missing piece.

I reckon our defence has gone to fuck as teams have learned to press us in to making mistakes then hit us on the break. Basically turn our old tactics back onto us.

Missing Jack never helped as the defence never had an easy out ball that they were confident to play it too. Hence Taylor playing loads of long balls and dodgy passes from the back.

A great midfielder should help improve all areas of the pitch. It's a fine line between winning and losing in the SPL just now for everyone bar Celtic. One great signing and others regaining a bit of form and confidence could work wonders.

The other option is signing half a new team of could bes.

We need one very good central midfielder. It's the missing piece.

I reckon our defence has gone to fuck as teams have learned to press us in to making mistakes then hit us on the break. Basically turn our old tactics back onto us.

Missing Jack never helped as the defence never had an easy out ball that they were confident to play it too. Hence Taylor playing loads of long balls and dodgy passes from the back.

A great midfielder should help improve all areas of the pitch. It's a fine line between winning and losing in the SPL just now for everyone bar Celtic. One great signing and others regaining a bit of form and confidence could work wonders.

The other option is signing half a new team of could bes.