Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

37 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I'm 38 this year... that's mental I've never seen any team win the league barring 2 clubs.

In 38 years different winners:

England - 9 different winners

Spain - 5

Italy - 8

France - 9

Germany - 6

Belarus - 8

Wales - 6

Ireland - 6

Egypt - 3

I can't be arsed going further but you get my point.

Three teams. Celtic, Deidco and Sevco. Can’t let them forget they let their club die. It’s stills a fucking joke tho and makes follow Scottish football pointless.

I’m thinking of just going to random games around the north east next season instead of getting another season ticket. 

3 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Three teams. Celtic, Deidco and Sevco. Can’t let them forget they let their club die. It’s stills a fucking joke tho and makes follow Scottish football pointless.

I’m thinking of just going to random games around the north east next season instead of getting another season ticket. 

You raise a good point.

3 teams. Fair play.

Point remains.

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

It's more the pointless space behind the goal. It just looks so fucking tin pot.

They are thankfully going down. It's run its course now.

For a top flight game that really is shocking. I know Livingston are a relatively new club but surely they should be attracting more than that, they should be in schools and local area trying to promote themselves.   What doesn't help the league is the position of fans in the stadiums, makes the league look shit(er) for example the watching public should be put in a stand of place where it looks like the stadium is full or nearly full.  Even down here the stadiums aren't always as full as they appear but we at least try to make it appear so.

7 hours ago, englishred said:

I get where you are coming from..  Even winning the cups nowadays is a uphill task as more often than not they'll win it as they are so far ahead of the rest.  Occasionally you may get the odd season like St Johnstone but more often than not it'll be them.  It does raise the question "what is the point?"  Next season is the 40 anniversary of us winning the league and the last time anyone outside of Glasgow won the league, this should be highlighted in the media and questions asked how it can change but i doubt anyone in glasgow would want it highlighted 

The point in football? The vast majority of teams will never win anything at all, you think they should just all quit? What's the point? Same in all sports both team and individual, most will never win anything, the point is taking part.

The duopoly of the current era cannot be changed or at least there's absolutely nothing on the horizon that could change it, the dominance is greater than it's ever been and if anything will only become even more insurmountable. As they hoover up tens of millions in Europe topped off by tens of millions more in season tickets alone then even more millions in varied commercial activities no one else can come close to matching

The greatest blow to Scottish was the Bosman ruling, that was the end for anything outside those with larger fan bases then mega rich TV deals. Pre Bosman the clubs pretty much owned a player as long as they wanted to.

Paying him a hundred quid a week? When his contract ends all you have to do is better it, tell him now you get another tenner a week, and he either takes it and signs the contract or he refuses to sign the contract, and goes nowhere because the club owns his registration.

Anybody think Aberdeen could have held on to the likes of Miller and McLeish so long if they could have just ran down a contract and walked away to earn millions? No chance. Bosman was the beginning of total dominance by the richer clubs.

To be fair the previous setup was an unacceptable  type of modern day employment slavery, effectivity owned by an employer and that had to end. But aside from  freeing the players it did nothing but the rich favours. Mega money TV deals in England put another nail in the coffin of the not so well off.

No one else will ever win the Scottish premiership again or even come 2nd unless something dramatically changes. And as I said, there's no such dramatic change on the horizon, so for the foreseeable future this is it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

My football knowledge started in the 80s , which I say is the last decade when the game in this country was at its most competitive

League won by 4 different clubs.

Scottish cup by 4 different clubs.

League cup again 4 different clubs 

European cup winners cup 1 winner, 1 semi final,

European cup 1 semi final.

UEFA cup 1 final,  4 qtr finals  

11 hours ago, englishred said:

For a top flight game that really is shocking. I know Livingston are a relatively new club but surely they should be attracting more than that, they should be in schools and local area trying to promote themselves.   What doesn't help the league is the position of fans in the stadiums, makes the league look shit(er) for example the watching public should be put in a stand of place where it looks like the stadium is full or nearly full.  Even down here the stadiums aren't always as full as they appear but we at least try to make it appear so.

Is it though, when you look at comparative cost and other entertainment options available these days?

Curious to know what would be the total attendance figures at somewhere like a Livingston bowling alley or the Vue cinema there across the week, would they get 3000+ folk through the door across seven days when those activities appeal to a broader spectrum of the general public than your average football match does?

Genuinely don't know.

16 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

My football knowledge started in the 80s , which I say is the last decade when the game in this country was at its most competitive

With a ten team top flight.  
Which I personally don’t like because of playing each other four times …..but there’s no doubting that it produced a more competitive league and gave us a better chance of actually winning.  At least until the landscape changed again in favour of the more powerful teams with the Bosnian ruling , Champions League and TV deals.

1 hour ago, redone said:

Which I personally don’t like because of playing each other four times …..but there’s no doubting that it produced a more competitive league and gave us a better chance of actually winning.  At least until the landscape changed again in favour of the more powerful teams with the Bosnian ruling , Champions League and TV deals.

It was 12 clubs for a spell in the late 80s too

1 hour ago, redone said:

Scottish footballs never quite recovered from the Yanks sticking their beak in to the Balkans

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Throw Hearts' Tennents Sixes triumph into the pot too, don't want them feeling left out. 

22 hours ago, oldskooldon said:

Honestly don't give a fuck which one of them win the league. I like the misery on who loses out. State of the Tim's too abusing players after constant success over the years...

Plastic englandians shame and plastic paddy shames

It’s infinitely worse when the Huns win it. 

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Unfortunately Huns absolutely humping Hearts tells you everything about our league and the gulf between the top 2 and 3rd 😕

Huns just have their tails up now. They’re a better side than Rodgers managed Celtic but both sides are still pretty shite overall. Just the Scottish league is utterly disgustingly shite 

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Huns just have their tails up now. They’re a better side than Rodgers managed Celtic but both sides are still pretty shite overall. Just the Scottish league is utterly disgustingly shite 

Could write screeds on this but won’t bother.

The rush to a so-called competitive league now means we need, yes need, to get humped 8 times a season not 4.

Bog standard average managers can get 11 honest pros to develop a tight system that works and come top 6 relatively easily, top 4 and Europe (which they’ll do nothing with) if matters fall their way.

You all enjoy it now.  It’s what your Club voted for. 

When things are as dire as they currently are with the Dons, it's good to have Michael Stewart's hatred of all things Craig Levein to lighten the mood.

"Everybody knows my thoughts on this but I don't say it for a laugh. If Craig Levein was doing a good job I wouldn't have a problem with it but I just don't think he's a good manager. He is an archaic type and his style of football is horrific. I want to see football teams that attack and he can't do that. He has now got a side that are dropping like a stone. I think he was extremely fortunate to get the job in the first place. That's just my opinion."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-stewart-reignites-craig-levein-32204170

2 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

When things are as dire as they currently are with the Dons, it's good to have Michael Stewart's hatred of all things Craig Levein to lighten the mood.

"Everybody knows my thoughts on this but I don't say it for a laugh. If Craig Levein was doing a good job I wouldn't have a problem with it but I just don't think he's a good manager. He is an archaic type and his style of football is horrific. I want to see football teams that attack and he can't do that. He has now got a side that are dropping like a stone. I think he was extremely fortunate to get the job in the first place. That's just my opinion."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-stewart-reignites-craig-levein-32204170

And he’s 100% spot on.

4 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

Motherwell 'goal' disallowed 

Being reliant on Celtic is a sickening position for us to be in....

When you look at the current league, I’d say only Livi are playing worse than us.

And we do not look like turning it around.  
Which is a worry as we approach the last quarter of the season.

The relegation play off spot is a genuine possibility. 

12 minutes ago, NorfolkDandy said:

Motherwell 'goal' disallowed 

Being reliant on Celtic is a sickening position for us to be in....

What a way to live, eh?  Looking for teams to lose to the likes of Huns and Celtic week in week out. 

We'll be wanting teams to lose to Hearts and Killie soon. 

Tbh I can't bring myself to want Huns or Celtic to win to do us a favour. If we can't do it on our own then we deserve everything we get. 

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What a way to live, eh?  Looking for teams to lose to the likes of Huns and Celtic week in week out. 

We'll be wanting teams to lose to Hearts and Killie soon. 

Tbh I can't bring myself to want Huns or Celtic to win to do us a favour. If we can't do it on our own then we deserve everything we get. 

That's mental