Inferior Clubs Games In Spfl

22 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Worst Celtic side in years are 13 points clear of you. Not going to happen. And I know it's a shocking attitude as I've been there too, but that's the reality just now.

I've said we can only ever catch a BAD season by either of them. The money difference is too huge. They need a howler and we need to be better than this season. All we can do is improve and keep hoping. What alternative is there?

14 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I've said we can only ever catch a BAD season by either of them. The money difference is too huge. They need a howler and we need to be better than this season. All we can do is improve and keep hoping. What alternative is there?

Relegation.

18 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

You're right. Our sides are too inconsistent. All it takes is a couple of poor transfer windows and/or a poor manager and we tumble down the table. Look at us just now. Shocking really. Can never build momentum over a few years.

3 horrendous decisions in that game. 

2 non penalties and a bizarre red card. 

Honestly, what's the fucking point of playing football when nitpicking cunts like Beaton sit watching TV angles and throw any kind of commonsense out the window ? 

It was the same yesterday. Kevin Clancy on VAR obviously thought that it was his job to be a second referee.....interfering constantly for 'penalty checks' when it was obvious nothing had happened.

These cunts are ruining our game. Shameful.

• Upvote 3
27 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

You're right. Our sides are too inconsistent. All it takes is a couple of poor transfer windows and/or a poor manager and we tumble down the table. Look at us just now. Shocking really. Can never build momentum over a few years.

They have global scouting networks.

But will always take the best of our teams. To keep us weak. Plus they ensure we have less money by TV deals. With the media and officials also all from the west.

The entire game here is for them to shoot fish in a barrel. We're the fish.

• Upvote 2
41 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Honestly, what's the fucking point of playing football when nitpicking cunts like Beaton sit watching TV angles and throw any kind of commonsense out the window ? 

It was the same yesterday. Kevin Clancy on VAR obviously thought that it was his job to be a second referee.....interfering constantly for 'penalty checks' when it was obvious nothing had happened.

It's getting comical. It's getting worse. Who is in charge of all of this? SPFL or FIFA? It can't be an, "as you like it" protocol for VAR, ie. how they apply it in Albania is different from Croatia and different from Japan, different in MLS. Funnily enough, when I watch MLS, there's hardly any VAR. Loads of offsides in Miami 5 - 0 Orlando on Saturday night, but it was all in the linesman's judgement, not VAR. Asian Champions League flows beautifully.

But fuck me, in Scotland it's like every 'incident' is the fucking OJ Simpson trial.

"If the boot is offside, you must override!"

I'd be in favour of there being no VAR in league fitba, just for round of 32 knockout stage onwards in cups and World Cup qualifiers, ie. no Henri handball v Ireland shite. A new protocol needs to come in. VAR 2.0 needs to come in. 

The box needs to be smaller, too. Been saying this for years. It needs to be narrower. Most pens occur in areas of the box where it isn't a clear scoring chance. Penalties need to be a rare or rarer occurrence. 

There's no way that the bigwigs of fitba are looking at all of this VAR for offsides and going, "this is improving the game!" but then, they aren't watching Scottish fitba, they only watch the biggest of the big games and let the diddy men of the provinces misuse VAR like some pervy CCTV cunt wanking to folk shagging behind nightclubs. 

• Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

The box needs to be smaller, too. Been saying this for years. It needs to be narrower. Most pens occur in areas of the box where it isn't a clear scoring chance. Penalties need to be a rare or rarer occurrence. 

That's an interesting concept , I like it 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Motherwell just played Celtic and the huns back to back weekends, they did ok and got edged out v Celtic and just edged out the huns.

Hearts just played Celtic and the huns back to back weekends, they absolutely fucking rolled over against the huns and let them hammer them then put in the performance of the season v Celtic. 

Any diet hun fuck that ever tries to argue that it's anything different from what we all know to be true is lying through their fucking teeth. They know it. 

Harsh

• Downvote 1

Genuine query.

Robertson immediately blows for a foul at the high foot incident and (in my opinion) correctly books the nip.

Beaton calls him over via VAR.

Question: what does he see that changes it to a red?  Surely he sees the high foot in the first place?  VAR then if anything confirms there was no violence or intent, or even contact.  Where does the red upgrade actually come from?

4 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I've no answer there. But. I will moan bout Scottish football.

Sky show those two AWAY each week. Never impacting their home ticket sales.

But, it impacts us, you, Hibs, Motherwell, etc when our home games to them are live. Another stitch up in favour of two teams.

But we shouldn't have that many empty seats, you're right. Atmosphere was subdued too.

With you there, Skys coverage is a joke. 

39 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Genuine query.

Robertson immediately blows for a foul at the high foot incident and (in my opinion) correctly books the nip.

Beaton calls him over via VAR.

Question: what does he see that changes it to a red?  Surely he sees the high foot in the first place?  VAR then if anything confirms there was no violence or intent, or even contact.  Where does the red upgrade actually come from?

VAR's supposed to be there for clear & obvious errors. The moment VAR intervenes, the on-field Ref is under tremendous pressure because they're essentially being told, you've got it wrong.

Regardless of what their eyes may be telling them, more often than not they feel compelled to overturn their original ruling because the last thing they want is to compound a bad decision.

If VAR's used for it's intended purpose of clear & obvious errors, that's not a problem. But we're seeing instances of VAR micro-Refereeing games and influencing the outcome as a result.

If the VAR technology becomes purely that (removing the human element), it may prove worthwhile. Until then it's a pox on the game.

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, NEM said:

What’s with all the empty seats? What happened to the imaginary waiting list? 

Hello, all.

Saw a couple of people asking about this, so thought I'd provide the answer.

For the home games with the old firm you can only buy a ticket if you have 15 loyalty points or above. To put that in context, someone who has no ST but had attended every home game in the league this season could possibly not qualify to buy a ticket. Or say ten home games and two aways over the last two seasons. Not enough points. So, a lot of casual/semi-regular attenders simply can't go to these games. It's a security measure, but I think Hearts are setting the bar a bit high. My brother works a lot of Saturdays, so doesn't get along as much as he'd like. 6/7 games a season. He couldn't buy a ticket for today even though he wanted to.

There were 375 or so tickets unsold for today. You can count them on the Hearts website. Basically a combination of the sales being restricted to stop Celtic fans getting them and I'd imagine 12 o'clock on a Sunday putting some people off.

As for the waiting list; my OH works in the commercial dept at Hearts. It exists, but it's not quite the 7,000  Mckinlay claimed. There's been a list for a couple of years now, but it's in the hundreds, not thousands. When the initial phase of ST sales is done, they basically phone down the list offering available seats left until they sell out. A certain number are kept back for walk-ups, so I think STs are capped at 15,600 now, with no half STs offered any more. Some on the list take it up when offered, some don't.

Cheers.

29 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

So if you don't have a season ticket, yet have been to every home game so far this season (outside OF I presume), you don't qualify for a ticket? That's a really smart system 🥴

It needs refined, yeah. But it's also difficult to find the balance between making it accessible for Hearts fans and stopping Old Firm fans buying.

Basically, Hearts are happy with it for now. Like I said, the number of unsold seats was about 375, which isn't a big deal, and as the seasons pass they'll shift the balance of where to put the points limit to sell them.

There's an element of "build it and they will come" to this. As Hearts sell more of the stadium to home fans, the average number of loyalty points held by account holders is rising. This time next year, for example, there'll be more non-ST holders with 15+ points than there are now. The more that rises, the easier it becomes for Hearts to sell the tickets and guarantee they won't go to Old Firm fans. It'll take a few years to get it right. Buying Hibs tickets is even harder.

Yesterday will be a big help, as there'll be a lot of people who will wish they could have gone, but are sitting under 15 points. That'll shift a few tickets for the coming home games with Killie and Livi as people won't want to miss out next time. Generally, Hearts are doing well at selling tickets and I think they'll get this right.

The benefits in the stadium at the game are obvious. It feels different without a big OF support and I think it helped the team yesterday.

30 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Playing against 10 men for 70 minutes probably didn't hinder you either. 

Cmon Dynamo.

20 times our budget but poor Celtic had a man less? They also got a soft pen. Plus a questionable offside decision.

You're not feeling sorry for them mate?

Every team outside Glasgow has enough going against them.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Cmon Dynamo.

20 times our budget but poor Celtic had a man less? They also got a soft pen. Plus a questionable offside decision.

You're not feeling sorry for them mate?

Every team outside Glasgow has enough going against them.

I'm replying to the comment that said a smaller away support helped you 😅

18 hours ago, ahead on alphabet said:

Motherwell just played Celtic and the huns back to back weekends, they did ok and got edged out v Celtic and just edged out the huns.

Hearts just played Celtic and the huns back to back weekends, they absolutely fucking rolled over against the huns and let them hammer them then put in the performance of the season v Celtic. 

Any diet hun fuck that ever tries to argue that it's anything different from what we all know to be true is lying through their fucking teeth. They know it. 

I wish this was true.....ie we could pick and choose which games we are going to try/win.

I go to every Hearts game, home and away mate and believe me we do actually try to win every game.

At Ibrox last week it just didn't happen but we had won our previous 10 games so we couldn't really complain. 

7 minutes ago, auldreekie said:

I wish this was true.....ie we could pick and choose which games we are going to try/win.

I go to every Hearts game, home and away mate and believe me we do actually try to win every game.

At Ibrox last week it just didn't happen but we had won our previous 10 games so we couldn't really complain. 

Any particular reason why you visit this forum? Surely at most, a little weird.