Pupil Stabbed At Aberdeen School

zander

I'd keep a lid on it chief...this type of incident may be a weekly event your side of the pond but thankfully very rare here...show some respect.

Weekly? It's more than once a day, that's by conservative estimates. I don't feel personally responsible for those statistics, though.

But to respond, there's nothing odd or 'wrong' about speculation, unless you're living somewhere that speculation is discouraged. Maybe it's like that on your side of the pond, of course.

• Upvote 1

Weekly? It's more than once a day, that's by conservative estimates. I don't feel personally responsible for those statistics, though.

But to respond, there's nothing odd or 'wrong' about speculation, unless you're living somewhere that speculation is discouraged. Maybe it's like that on your side of the pond, of course.

America has obviously desensitised you to this type of incident...

You Americanized IDIOT...

How can a teacher spot signs that someone is going to stab someone else?

The only person at fault in reality is the one wielding the blade.

Unless the teachers live in some sort of detatched bubble of isolation I'd guess they're somewhat familiar with the kids they teach.

The only person at fault in reality is the one wielding the blade.

Possibly.

I had an English teacher who worked in Glasgow, said one of his students used to wander around with a hatchet in his belt... he laughed about it, but nowadays he'd be off to the Barry Place, yes.

Any kid who's the subject of persitent bullying is going to run the risk of snapping, and in those cases my own particular opinion is to haul the teachers in who either didn't spot the signs or just didn't give a fuck, fire them, then look to prosecute them. I'd be looking to give the bullied kid a very minor slap on the wrist, say a week's suspension, and any surviving bullies to be charged with culpable and locked up for a good few years.

Doubt Police Scotland are the sort of organisation to get to the bottom of this with any degree of competency, however.

You, sir, are an utter fuckwit.

• Upvote 2

I dont use twitter but according to the daily heil, some revealing tweets being issued by peers of the victim:

(from the link below)

"Bailey was genuinely nothing but nice, I didn't see everyones problem with him, he doesnt deserve any of this"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3293684/Schoolboy-taken-hospital-injuries-male-held-police-incident-secondary-school.html

I appreciate that is just one tweet, but it does sound like the kid had a hard time of things, real shame.

Guest the shepherd

Some of the comments on this thread are in very poor taste. Local kid and perhaps he has family or friends who post on here

Aye yer right, some of the comments/arguments on this thread are insensitive considering what has happened. Unfortunately whether we agree with it or not it will always be the case on a forum as that is what they are about am afraid.

The person who has done this heinous and pre-mediated act does not need a reason to do it whether they have been bullied, etc. Look what happened with Ann Maguire and Philip Lawrence.

Shocking thing to happen. Horrible for both families but mostly for those that have lost their family member in this completely needless/inexcusable way especially

Just my opinion but (out of respect) nobody should be speculating on this, as someone has said, there could very well be folk (family, or friends) on this site. Regular users, or even just visitors.

On a very related note though I do think that anyone that carries a knife should be punished as though they intended to use it. Far too many kids nowadays think carrying a knife (for protection, or otherwise) is quite normal.

Aye it is. Heaven forbid your loon is ever caught up in stuff like this. Give your American heid a serious shake and remember where you came from you goth sympathising chocolate.

I know exactly where im from, and Aberdonians have never been prone to overwrought soap opera pish when it comes to tragedy.

What is a bit unpleasant is the attempted point scoring that seems to be going in in this thread.

• Upvote 3

I know exactly where im from, and Aberdonians have never been prone to overwrought soap opera pish when it comes to tragedy.

What is a bit unpleasant is the attempted point scoring that seems to be going in in this thread.

So, just to be clear. Is that a dig at me?

The mock grief from some posters on this forum is rather entertaining. Amazing how some are so emotionally attached to someone they have never met.

I think that people are genuinely shocked and saddened that something like this has happened.

Not mock grief, just being decent people.

• Upvote 5