Pupil Stabbed At Aberdeen School

zander

Tragic news to wake up to today, went to Cults Academy myself back in the day and even a good old punch up was rare. Feel for the poor lads family. Read on an article that no knife was involved but a pen.

Where did you read that?

Wonder if it's misprint as in a pen knife or was just an actual pen.

Whole new perspective if no knife involved. Just a fit of rage and massive bad luck for it to be lethal.

Anyway, as I said earlier we shouldn't really be speculating about it.

Horrible story regardless.

They don't fuck about in the media.

Digging up pictures of the lad who did the stabbing (Daniel Stroud, he doesn't look the 'stabbing' kind if I'm honest) but his FB has now been deleted, I'd imagine by the family.

Stating it was a pre arranged fight or something.

Boasting on the bus that he had a knife etc.

Youth Culture eh? Fucking knifes.

Just saw that. Went on to the BBC and they were pixelating out some of the front covers for legal reasons. Is it due to different laws in to do with age where you can name folk? Or is it the BBC just playing it safe?

School Canteen is a strange place to have a pre-arranged fight. Used to be in back lanes or the woods at Ellon.

They don't fuck about in the media.

Digging up pictures of the lad who did the stabbing (Daniel Stroud, he doesn't look the 'stabbing' kind if I'm honest) but his FB has now been deleted, I'd imagine by the family.

Stating it was a pre arranged fight or something.

Boasting on the bus that he had a knife etc.

Youth Culture eh? Fucking knifes.

This is what I heard also...overweight goth who allegedly passed out when he saw what he'd done...sounds like young laddies playing at being big boys and it all went tragically wrong.

This is what I heard also...overweight goth who allegedly passed out when he saw what he'd done...sounds like young laddies playing at being big boys and it all went tragically wrong.

You would have to hope he didnt intend to kill him but rather injure him.

Still, at 16 you are more than resposible for your actions and he should be tried as an adult and locked up.

At 16, you know stabbing is for killing and not for injury. Poor show if it was pre arranged. Heard from folk at work that he was boasting about carrying a knife but fuck knows where he got that from. That's not just a heat of the moment thing if he'd been planning it from before the bus in in the morning.

Abhorrent thing to happen but there is certainly an element of folk falling over themselves to grieve. Within 2 minutes of the story breaking the RIP page (and smaller secondary page) was already popping up on my newsfeed from people that never even knew of the kid. I'm sure that anyone truly grieving wouldn't be thinking of setting up a memorial page that quickly after the poor loon died.

Strange comments from the Head IMO, too many positive adjectives used, "gentle" and "caring", to describe the lad who was killed. From my experience teachers tend to know fuck all about the real pupil dynamic in a school. For all we know the lad was a nasty piece of work who was making the other lad's life hell. TO BE CLEAR, I'M NOT CONDONING MURDER OR SAYING THIS WAS THE CASE. But by gushing about the deceased there's probably a few kids who won't feel it appropriate to stand up and say what actually was going on. The language used also protects the school, whether that was a conscious decision or not. If this is a case of bullying then the school might need to admit there were known problems with the individuals, or worse, they had no idea the extent of the bullying within their school. Hence by portraying the victim as "gentle" and "caring" removes the possibility of him being a bully.

There's a very real possibility that the murderer had been isolated and bullied into a situation whereby he's had to fight or flee, and the tend of kid that gets bullied is one who isn't very confident in having a battle. So he's turned to a knife and done something horrific, but at the same time very natural to a human being. All speculation, but, on reflection, I feel there's a high level of responsibility required from the teachers and parents here. Teachers really need to start opening their eyes and step in to protect children and not expect them to deal with it themselves. The parents of a bully need to question why their son/daughter have so little compassion for their peers and fellow humans. And the parents of a kid who snaps need to be helped to see warning signs and take strong action, and take the responsibility away from their children who are still growing mentally, and who don't know how to deal with situations.

Only the kids at the school will know the true dynamic of the individuals involved, so in my opinion, no positive or negative character references should be given until the full details are known.

Strange comments from the Head IMO, too many positive adjectives used, "gentle" and "caring", to describe the lad who was killed. From my experience teachers tend to know fuck all about the real pupil dynamic in a school. For all we know the lad was a nasty piece of work who was making the other lad's life hell. TO BE CLEAR, I'M NOT CONDONING MURDER OR SAYING THIS WAS THE CASE. But by gushing about the deceased there's probably a few kids who won't feel it appropriate to stand up and say what actually was going on. The language used also protects the school, whether that was a conscious decision or not. If this is a case of bullying then the school might need to admit there were known problems with the individuals, or worse, they had no idea the extent of the bullying within their school. Hence by portraying the victim as "gentle" and "caring" removes the possibility of him being a bully.

There's a very real possibility that the murderer had been isolated and bullied into a situation whereby he's had to fight or flee, and the tend of kid that gets bullied is one who isn't very confident in having a battle. So he's turned to a knife and done something horrific, but at the same time very natural to a human being. All speculation, but, on reflection, I feel there's a high level of responsibility required from the teachers and parents here. Teachers really need to start opening their eyes and step in to protect children and not expect them to deal with it themselves. The parents of a bully need to question why their son/daughter have so little compassion for their peers and fellow humans. And the parents of a kid who snaps need to be helped to see warning signs and take strong action, and take the responsibility away from their children who are still growing mentally, and who don't know how to deal with situations.

Only the kids at the school will know the true dynamic of the individuals involved, so in my opinion, no positive or negative character references should be given until the full details are known.

:laughing: