Pupil Stabbed At Aberdeen School

zander

I'm not concerned about my loon at all, he's going to be fine.

I've taught him no violence or self defence. I'm confident despite that. Should a situation arise he'll handle it, and has done already.

I don't live in any bubble and I'm not parochial. I'm also well aware of what's going on in the world.

None of this really fits into your world does it?

You seem in a perpetual state of worry.

I bet Facebook was involved. That behemoth paid about 5k in tax last year. A joke. I hope 4 chan hackify them and make them pay what's owed. I wager that almost everybody on here paid more than them.

It's flippin sad what has happened. Schools a jungle and when you throw current technology in the mix, I can only imagine the grief this can cause.

I bet Facebook was involved. That behemoth paid about 5k in tax last year. A joke. I hope 4 chan hackify them and make them pay what's owed. I wager that almost everybody on here paid more than them.

It's flippin sad what has happened. Schools a jungle and when you throw current technology in the mix, I can only imagine the grief this can cause.

Are you shooftamooftah in disguise?

I'm not concerned about my loon at all, he's going to be fine.

I've taught him no violence or self defence. I'm confident despite that. Should a situation arise he'll handle it, and has done already.

I don't live in any bubble and I'm not parochial. I'm also well aware of what's going on in the world.

None of this really fits into your world does it?

You seem in a perpetual state of worry.

You're confusing preparedness with worry.

Because I make a point of being prepared for a situation I rarely have the need to worry.

Relying on the good nature of others, on the other hand, would for sure make me worry.

You seem in a perpetual state of 'everything will probably be fine', which of course it is right up until it isn't.

Well said. I have seen folk bullied, including myself, for many a year usually due to a class divide or if you are a nonconformist, someone that can think for themselves. I'm sorry but it does not give someone the right to carry a knife then carry out a premeditated act of stabbing someone to try to resolve matters. That's crazy. There are ways and means in dealing with the different situations you end up in life and whilst I appreciate and respect that we all have different levels of tolerance, like in the words of Cast "just walk away". It's not easy granted but in the years that follow you know you done exactly the right thing and that you are a free person (I.e. not locked indefinitely at Her Majesty's Pleasure).

So what about people who have been bullied to the point of suicide ???

They dont "just walk away"

If this was some sort of retaliation then it may well have been justified in some peoples eyes.

You're confusing preparedness with worry.

Because I make a point of being prepared for a situation I rarely have the need to worry.

Relying on the good nature of others, on the other hand, would for sure make me worry.

You seem in a perpetual state of 'everything will probably be fine', which of course it is right up until it isn't.

This is Waco style chat.

There is no conspiracy.

• Upvote 1

absolute shame to hear anyone so young die.

it is. and it's not ever justified. and, as an adult, you would probably agree with me. you'd just walk away from even long-term provocation. probably.

but teenagers have completely different brains that aren't finished developing. it's no wonder a boy of 15 or 16 might consider this a reasonable response and not have foreseen the consequences as obviously as you and i might have. it doesn't excuse him from being punished for the behaviour and the outcome.

• Several lines of evidence suggest that the brain circuitry involved in emotional responses is changing during the teen years. Functional brain imaging studies, for example, suggest that the responses of teens to emotionally loaded images and situations are heightened relative to younger children and adults. The brain changes underlying these patterns involve brain centers and signaling molecules that are part of the reward system with which the brain motivates behavior. These age-related changes shape how much different parts of the brain are activated in response to experience, and in terms of behavior, the urgency and intensity of emotional reactions.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-teen-brain-still-under-construction/index.shtml?utm_source=LifeSiteNews.com+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=2c0fa9560b-LifeSiteNews_com_Intl_Full_Text_12_18_2012#pub5

it is. and it's not ever justified. and, as an adult, you would probably agree with me. you'd just walk away from even long-term provocation. probably.

but teenagers have completely different brains that aren't finished developing. it's no wonder a boy of 15 or 16 might consider this a reasonable response and not have foreseen the consequences as obviously as you and i might have. it doesn't excuse him from being punished for the behaviour and the outcome.

• Several lines of evidence suggest that the brain circuitry involved in emotional responses is changing during the teen years. Functional brain imaging studies, for example, suggest that the responses of teens to emotionally loaded images and situations are heightened relative to younger children and adults. The brain changes underlying these patterns involve brain centers and signaling molecules that are part of the reward system with which the brain motivates behavior. These age-related changes shape how much different parts of the brain are activated in response to experience, and in terms of behavior, the urgency and intensity of emotional reactions.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-teen-brain-still-under-construction/index.shtml?utm_source=LifeSiteNews.com+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=2c0fa9560b-LifeSiteNews_com_Intl_Full_Text_12_18_2012#pub5

You tend to see the same type of overreaction to posts on here.

The over reactions (cyber stabbings) on here are ridiculous sometimes.

I sometimes wear my cyber stab vest when I come on here

I don't think so LGIR.

From Age ten most people know that knives are weapons.

Most people when provoked over a period would retort with fists. To do so with a weapon is wrong.

We all know bullying is wrong but at the age of a young adult and you're getting bullied then you're old enough to know that there appropriate courses of actions.

It's a terrible shame.

IF he was bullied, and it's an if, then he really should've known better.

You tend to see the same type of overreaction to posts on here.

The over reactions (cyber stabbings) on here are ridiculous sometimes.

I sometimes wear my cyber stab vest when I come on here[/quote

Same here f n d.

The cunts that chase round us are like school groupies.

Not that I'm saying I'm like you. Cause I'm not, im much better than you. But I see where you're coming from

If he'd been bullied to the point he snapped then no, not really.

I totally agree with this, if the kid was the victim of a bully and he snapped at the end of his tether them my sympathies go to him, everyone has a breaking point.

Need to wait for all the facts before making snap judgements, nothing is ever black or white.

We should open up the prisons and let people out then. "You did the only thing you could have, it was all just cause and effect, there is no other course of action you could've taken, you were at your limits....."

If you said to a caveman 300,000 years ago, here's a knife, stab that bloke, I'm guessing he'd know the consequences might very well mean death to said bloke. So a 16 year old in 2015 knows it for sure. So he probably didn't give a shit about the consequences or weighed them up against whatever he wanted to stop stopping ("end of his tether").

I agree you need to wait for the facts before making judgments though, even then it's pretty much no one's business.

The link below details a not uncommon event in the news these days, if any child is at that point in their life it isn't a surprise some would choose another way out, I'm not saying that's what happened but for folk on here to say the killer deserves all he gets without knowing his state of mind, well that's out of order in my book, he may have felt he had no alternative way out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2846279/Teen-bullied-death-commits-suicide-years-verbal-physical-abuse-classmates.html

There's a difference to suicide and murder though. It's genuinely horrific that a teenager ever feels incomprehensibly bad enough about themselves to even consider killing themselves because of someone bullying them let alone actually doing it. But it's quite another to take a pen knife into a school with 1,000 kids in it and kill someone. That's not "just snapping" because surely he thought when he woke up that morning 'got my books, got my pens, got my knife to stab somebody'. Horrendous thing to do in a school.

Edit horrendous thing to do anywhere but schools should be safe and have some young people in. Imagine being 12 and see someone get killed. Would take a while to get over that.

• Upvote 1

I don't think so LGIR.

From Age ten most people know that knives are weapons.

Most people when provoked over a period would retort with fists. To do so with a weapon is wrong.

We all know bullying is wrong but at the age of a young adult and you're getting bullied then you're old enough to know that there appropriate courses of actions.

It's a terrible shame.

IF he was bullied, and it's an if, then he really should've known better.

that's not what i'm driving at though. he does know that the knife is wrong.

my point was more about the over-the-top emotions that teenagers seem to display. and how it may have gotten out of hand. if something had been occurring over a longer period of time, maybe there had been fists earlier, maybe there was more provocation recently. who knows -- but it wouldn't be outwith the realm of possibility, nor even unlikely, that a teenage brain might overreact.

anyway, it's all just supposition at this point. it is what it is. and soon enough everyone concerned, and even those who aren't, will know what happened i expect.

The link below details a not uncommon event in the news these days, if any child is at that point in their life it isn't a surprise some would choose another way out, I'm not saying that's what happened but for folk on here to say the killer deserves all he gets without knowing his state of mind, well that's out of order in my book, he may have felt he had no alternative way out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2846279/Teen-bullied-death-commits-suicide-years-verbal-physical-abuse-classmates.html

DT this story is about a 13 year old brain damaged American kid...where's the relevance?

There's a difference to suicide and murder though. It's genuinely horrific that a teenager ever feels incomprehensibly bad enough about themselves to even consider killing themselves because of someone bullying them let alone actually doing it. But it's quite another to take a pen knife into a school with 1,000 kids in it and kill someone. That's not "just snapping" because surely he thought when he woke up that morning 'got my books, got my pens, got my knife to stab somebody'. Horrendous thing to do in a school.

Edit horrendous thing to do anywhere but schools should be safe and have some young people in. Imagine being 12 and see someone get killed. Would take a while to get over that.

its also horrific that a teenager feels so bad within themselves that they think they need to arm themselves and lash out, no?

• Upvote 1

You don't think the suicide would be premeditated as well?

It's all hypothetical but I'd rather any child of mine fought back even with a knife than taking the other option.

It's a tragic event regardless and to the guy who said it was no one's business I disagree, I think it's every parents business to find out what went wrong and to try and make sure it never happens again, it won't be the last time bullying leads to a death (if it was that), in today's day and age it should be eradicated, no child should have to face that kind of life changing pressure in their life.

DT this story is about a 13 year old brain damaged American kid...where's the relevance?

That was the first link I found, I'd easily find any number of British kids committing suicide over bullying at school, the relevance is if a child is at that point then it's safe to say any logical thinking has long gone, we don't know what pressure this kid was under, bit quick to be playing judge and jury was my point.

• Upvote 1