Miles Storey

If Storey isn't putting the effort into training then fair enough he can't expect to get into the team.

He joins the list of other players who regularly sit out of the picture in our squad.

However this doesn't help squad harmony and does fuck all to help those players perform when we finally do need to rely on them or want to give them a chance.

Just an opinion but I think its worth using the bench to give these guys the occasional outing to boost confidence and keep them hungry for more.

We have 8 games this month and if Storey can't even start one of them then he's a waste of a wage and needs moved on. We can't justify having someone like him sitting on the bench. We reportedly paid close to 100K for him as well. Looking like a fucking shocking bit of business by McInnes.

We have 8 games this month and if Storey can't even start one of them then he's a waste of a wage and needs moved on. We can't justify having someone like him sitting on the bench. We reportedly paid close to 100K for him as well. Looking like a fucking shocking bit of business by McInnes.

Tommy Wright mk2

If Storey isn't putting the effort into training then fair enough he can't expect to get into the team.

He joins the list of other players who regularly sit out of the picture in our squad.

However this doesn't help squad harmony and does fuck all to help those players perform when we finally do need to rely on them or want to give them a chance.

Just an opinion but I think its worth using the bench to give these guys the occasional outing to boost confidence and keep them hungry for more.

If he isn't putting in the effort in during training he should be nowhere near the bench to start with. If he is genuinely putting effort in then McInnes has to man manage the situation and think about using him to have him match fit or for putting him in the shop window.

McInnes is an arrogant w&nk in my opinion! He seems to have a habit of falling out with a player and when he does the player never gets a look in again... signing burns on loan was a waste of money unless we get him for feck all which i highly doubt when we have Storey rotting away. I liked the look of him at Caley last season and think he was here to give us a different dimension with pace up top... but for whatever reason McInnes doesn't rate him.

Last night taking on reynolds ahead of either of the storie/storey's pissed me right off, whats the actual point. McInnes is going to be his own worst enemy and lose faith in the fans the more signings he makes and the more they aren't good enough. Waste of money.

• Downvote 6

McInnes is an arrogant w&nk in my opinion! He seems to have a habit of falling out with a player and when he does the player never gets a look in again... signing burns on loan was a waste of money unless we get him for feck all which i highly doubt when we have Storey rotting away. I liked the look of him at Caley last season and think he was here to give us a different dimension with pace up top... but for whatever reason McInnes doesn't rate him.

Last night taking on reynolds ahead of either of the storie/storey's pissed me right off, whats the actual point. McInnes is going to be his own worst enemy and lose faith in the fans the more signings he makes and the more they aren't good enough. Waste of money.

We could end up with either of the two here next year and will once again be searching for a bench warmer.

Settle pettle.

We won 5-1.

Signing the boy Storey reminds me of the same situation that we had with Gregg Wylde a few years ago, i.e never getting a look in week in week out. If he's nae getting in the team then we should get rid and free up the wage for a player that actually can. Same with the boy Morris as well.

Wouldn't be overly surprised if both are away in Jan.

If he isn't putting in the effort in during training he should be nowhere near the bench to start with. If he is genuinely putting effort in then McInnes has to man manage the situation and think about using him to have him match fit or for putting him in the shop window.

In theory sure but in practice there are lots of ways to manage people.

Sometimes its worth giving someone a chance even if you think they haven't really earned it, then use that to improve their contribution. Otherwise we are cutting players adrift quite quickly and some likely won't bother too much.

eg, Storey could be chucked on for 20 mins in a game like last nights, Then post match Deek tells him "hope you enjoyed that, if you want to play again get your finger out in training"

A bit of carrot along with the stick as it were.

Mind you I've heard deek is using all the carrot on Tups wife, so there may not be much to spare.

Storey, like Morris, has been a complete waste of time. I forgot we paid £100k for him. That's a shocking piece of business by McInnes.

Would be interesting to see how much of a wage the 2 of them are taking out the club on a weekly basis. Enough to cover the wage of the decent CM we desperately need i'd imagine.

Sometimes its worth giving someone a chance even if you think they haven't really earned it, then use that to improve their contribution.

See Ryan Jack for reasons this type of management/decision making is utter tripe...

Fucking hell like.

Sometimes its worth giving someone a chance even if you think they haven't really earned it, then use that to improve their contribution. Otherwise we are cutting players adrift quite quickly and some likely won't bother too much.

eg, Storey could be chucked on for 20 mins in a game like last nights, Then post match Deek tells him "hope you enjoyed that, if you want to play again get your finger out in training"

A bit of carrot along with the stick as it were.

Mind you I've heard deek is using all the carrot on Tups wife, so there may not be much to spare.

I agree up to a point regarding you saying how he handles Storey by giving him the carrot of 20 minutes despite lack of effort in training but that then opens up to how he manages his squad. I'm sure the other players would be unhappy that lack of effort is being rewarded.

I just think if he is doing enough in training to be on bench then he should be used. If he isn't then time to part company for everybody's sake.

Guest RosemountRed

Wasn't he a free as he was out of contract?

I agree up to a point regarding you saying how he handles Storey by giving him the carrot of 20 minutes despite lack of effort in training but that then opens up to how he manages his squad. I'm sure the other players would be unhappy that lack of effort is being rewarded.

I just think if he is doing enough in training to be on bench then he should be used. If he isn't then time to part company for everybody's sake.

That's all part of good man management.

The manager has to manage all of them not just his preferred 11.

However you look at it, if players aren't performing to their ability the manager is failing in the primary aspect of his job.

That's all part of good man management.

The manager has to manage all of them not just his preferred 11.

However you look at it, if players aren't performing to their ability the manager is failing in the primary aspect of his job.

I think we are generally in agreement here, albeit maybe coming from slightly different angles!

Storey, like Morris, has been a complete waste of time. I forgot we paid £100k for him. That's a shocking piece of business by McInnes.

Would be interesting to see how much of a wage the 2 of them are taking out the club on a weekly basis. Enough to cover the wage of the decent CM we desperately need i'd imagine.

Apart from here, where is any article or piece of evidence to substantiate the claim that we paid £100k for Storey.

More fabrication if you ask me.

I have the same question KSL.

No idea how we'd pay for a player that was out of contract and has the whole cross border thing going on.

He arrived out of shape and hasnt really got into shape.

Someone mentioned the Wylde signing earlier, this one looks the same. Player not willing to put the shift in, has been challenged to do so by the manager and failed.

Morris and Storey will both be off in Jan, loaned out or paid off.

Morris should've never been signed. I can see the idea behind Storey, he did OK at our feeder club but with our abundance of strikers fighting for 1 slot up front it was always going to be a hard slog for him to get picked. Would rather McInnes spent that wage on a midfield player.

I have the same question KSL.

No idea how we'd pay for a player that was out of contract and has the whole cross border thing going on.

I was under the impression that the £100k was what we had to pay to get him early so he could play in against that Luxembourhish mob in the Europa League.

Which we didn't pay.

I was under the impression that the £100k was what we had to pay to get him early so he could play in against that Luxembourhish mob in the Europa League.

Which we didn't pay.

That rings a bell actually. I was just going by what previous posts had said, because I remembered something about paying compo from him.

Even on a free he's been a bad bit of business