Joe Lewis - Signs 2 Year Deal

Think he made one mistake last night when he had one mis-kick and everyone was surprised, compare that to the last few years when that was just the expected norm

Yup.

I just closed my eyes when someone passed the ball back to our previous mouth breather of a goalkeeper.

Lewis is a class above

Probably through boredom that mistake to be honest.

There was that goal v Maribor as well (which changed nothing), but apart from that I can't remember any other real mistakes?

Need to get him signed up longer term asap

Combination of poor pitch, Joe trying to rush it and Shinnie passing the ball where you're told not to at Primary school level. Harsh to pin that one on just him.

He completely missed the ball :laughing:

Because it took a ridiculous bobble. It is why defenders don't generally kick back to the keeper between the goalposts if they are expected to hit it first time, as it is a possibility, albeit slight. The all round urgency led to Shinnie doing that and Lewis swiping fresh air.

Because it took a ridiculous bobble. It is why defenders don't generally kick back to the keeper between the goalposts if they are expected to hit it first time, as it is a possibility, albeit slight. The all round urgency led to Shinnie doing that and Lewis swiping fresh air.

Better spoon feeding the boy, rather than have him work it out for himself.

That would have happened to any goalkeeper in the world who went to kick it first time. So if you are saying there an error there, it would be that he chose not to try and control it and kick it. Interesting theory when you are need a goal in the 4th minute of injury time and are a man down.

• Upvote 1

I wasn't disputing it was a mistake, but there was a combination of things that contributed. The Motherwell goal is far worse, IMO.

6-0 up and misjudging a cross or completely missing a simple pass back where we're battling to stay in Europe.

I think you should just go to bed now min.

• Downvote 5

I wasn't disputing it was a mistake, but there was a combination of things that contributed. The Motherwell goal is far worse, IMO.

I would agree. There was a bit of bad luck about the Maribor goal, but the Motherwell goal was entirely his fault for rushing miles out off his line.

Like I said before, I reckon it was due to him being so bored during that game that he just wanted to try and do something

Agreed...the way Langfield allowed himself to be bullied to let Motherwell secure second spot was ten times the fuck up...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6-0 up and misjudging a cross or completely missing a simple pass back where we're battling to stay in Europe.

I think you should just go to bed now min.

I didn't say it was more important, I said it was a bigger mistake.

You've made a cunt of it. It's cringeworthy watching you trying to dig yourself out of a hole. It's an internet forum, naebody cares.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Agreed...the way Langfield allowed himself to be bullied to let Motherwell secure second spot was ten times the fuck up...

Nah min, as much as he was a disaster there's no way you can say that he was at fault for that goal. Was as blatant a foul you'd see. Sutton clearly elbowed him. At the end of the day it was the players fault for not winning the game which was there for the taking

The goal away at Maribor was not the keepers fault.

Is the correct answer