Aberdeen V Fola Esch (3 - 1)

Guest RosemountRed

Looking forward to proper mannies fitba again. I think it may take us the first half to get going so I hope the fans stick with the team and we will eventually score 2 or 3 goals. Lets not get on the players back i.e. Jack & Ash and just enjoy watching fitba. We are not the team that will start the season so give the guys full backing.

It will be interesting to see the formation and with the players we have added I am looking for a stronger more physical Aberdeen.

Looking forward to proper mannies fitba again. I think it may take us the first half to get going so I hope the fans stick with the team and we will eventually score 2 or 3 goals. Lets not get on the players back i.e. Jack & Ash and just enjoy watching fitba. We are not the team that will start the season so give the guys full backing.

It will be interesting to see the formation and with the players we have added I am looking for a stronger more physical Aberdeen.

Would be very surprised to see anything other than this (unless Hayes is still not fit):

Lewis

Logan

Reynolds

Taylor

Shinnie

Hayes

Jack

O'Connor

McGinn

Stokely

Rooney

Not happy with us starting Reynolds and Taylor, and personally, I'd go with Considine but can see the attraction for McInnes of sticking with something of a known quantity.

Would be very surprised to see anything other than this (unless Hayes is still not fit):

Lewis

Logan

Reynolds

Taylor

Shinnie

Hayes

Jack

O'Connor

McGinn

Stokely

Rooney

Not happy with us starting Reynolds and Taylor, and personally, I'd go with Considine but can see the attraction for McInnes of sticking with something of a known quantity.

You dont think mclean will start

edit, Just seen he is not fit

If Hayes is not fit i'd like us to start with Wright, who sounded lively and caused a lot of problems against Brechin.

McInnes isn't sure about Rooneys match fitness as he's not played a full game in ages, so he might start with Stockley up top.

No disrespect to Fola Esch, but if we don't have enough in our squad to beat them then we're going to struggle to get top 6 this season.

Edit - I was sure we were meant to play Arbroath...but it was Brechin.

I'll be furious if we concede tonight.

Going on last year's games, I can see us playing a team that puts 11 men behind the ball, frustrates, but leaks from a couple of set pieces or a scrappy goal when we get round their full backs. We'll probably win 2-0 at home and get one over there when they open up in the next leg to see us through.

I know it's a different level, but it's current; while I find teams like Iceland winning games in the Euros recently incredibly funny, I hate the way they defend for 95% of the game. The less resourceful teams out there in such tournaments will probably follow suit in the hope of some success*.

*Greece 2004.

I expect them to come and sit in with everyone behind the ball asking the question of whether we can break them down. I think its likely to be a horrible game to watch and from looking at their past European results of goalless draws away in Zagreb & Gothenburg the past 2 season that we will find it tough to score and especially with the players still a little ring rusty as the first competitive game back.

Sneak a 1 nil win (McGinn)

11,500 tickets now sold, that's 1,000 sold in the last 24 hours. If we get over 12,000 tonight I'd say that's an excellent crowd considering opposition, time of year and ticket prices.

We probably criticise our support more than any other club do, but we're still the best this country has. (Forget Hearts, they had to flog theirs for £12).

Guest RosemountRed

11,500 tickets now sold, that's 1,000 sold in the last 24 hours. If we get over 12,000 tonight I'd say that's an excellent crowd considering opposition, time of year and ticket prices.

We probably criticise our support more than any other club do, but we're still the best this country has. (Forget Hearts, they had to flog theirs for £12).

Should be over 12,000 now.

Sell out for £12 is better than half full for £21 imo

• Upvote 1

Sell out for £12 is better than half full for £21 imo

Hearts had sold 13,500 as of this morning, so not a huge deal more than us.

I disagreed initially with our ticket prices, but now I can see it from the club's perspective. If Hearts have 14,000, or even 15,000 at £12, they'll still make maybe £60,000 less than we will from gate receipts.

• Upvote 1

Hearts had sold 13,500 as of this morning, so not a huge deal more than us.

I disagreed initially with our ticket prices, but now I can see it from the club's perspective. If Hearts have 14,000, or even 15,000 at £12, they'll still make maybe £60,000 less than we will from gate receipts.

But Hearts are pulling away.