Aberdeen V Ventspils (3 - 0)

What a superb result. Fantastic way to bounce back from last week and this will only boost the team morale. Despite it being early into his Aberdeen career, Stockley has looked a real coup. I had secretly thought we'd win 2 or 3 nil but i'm pleasantly surprised it actually happened. Need to keep up this level of performance away to Ventspils as they will be all guns blazing. What a terrific result.

Much much better. Finishing especially.

Think over all we played slightly better than first game at home 2 weeks ago but were a lot better in final third.

Don't think that side are much better (if at all) than Fola.

Fantastic subs. Stockley looking a massive handful again but getting better service than last week.

Free header or not that was a great finish from Burns. What a debut. He has come on & likely secured the tie with his first touch for us :applause:

& it Burns Burns Burns

So, fellow statos... anyone else ever score on their Dons debut with their first touch?

Damned if I can think of any other examples.

Dyron Daal

Thought Jack had a very good game, noticed his balls in to the box were very good and more regular than what we've came to expect, good subs from mcinnes but still would like to see uys start games more positively.

In danger of kicking off another debate but......Jack has played well tonight and done his job.

No complaints from me for him this week.

Done his job & made some decent passes. If he played like that most weeks i'd be quite content.

Not going to over compliment him quite yet as that is the minimal required standard we SHOULD be expecting really.

first 20 we were a little flat and nervy not sure what was up with Hayes as he had loads of space but didn't seem to want to get forward - wonder if tactical to support considine and a lack of pace.

got better as the game progressed though the key moment though was when no 15 was injured by Taylor (a few refs in Scotland would have red carded him no doubt) but then the ref allowed the player to stay on the pitch post treatment.

What a difference it was having forwards with ability on the bench to bring on, Think stockley actually played himself into the away leg as he caused the defence all sorts of problems and gave rooney some room

Burns scoring - think everyone was asleep crowd and defence as we weren't expecting a goal from a corner!

No complaints from me for him this week.

Done his job & made some decent passes. If he played like that most weeks i'd be quite content.

Not going to over compliment him quite yet as that is the minimal required standard we SHOULD be expecting really.

Nah he was better than minimal required he played well and looked confident. Hopefully can build on it.

Nah he was better than minimal required he played well and looked confident. Hopefully can build on it.

Not going to argue but less than that would nae be enough week in week out so yes minimal required. Especially from a captain.

I :applause: him though as it was a TOTAL transformation from last week & he could just have just let it get to him & had his head down all night. Great turn around.

Not going to argue but less than that would nae be enough week in week out so yes minimal required. Especially from a captain.

I :applause: him though as it was a TOTAL transformation from last week & he could just have just let it get to him & had his head down all night. Great turn around.

Aye he looked a lot more confident and was showing for the ball the whole time.

Even a couple of bits of skill and a few cross field balls. Need that from him and he has it in locker.

Would like to see him and Mclean allowed to try and build a partnership in there with Burns on front.. if he is good enough and a goal threat.

Good result in the end.

Slow start but looked like we were feeling them out, then as the first half went on we really put them under some pressure.

Second half same story but no break through. The sub changed it, and comfortable win in the end. Don't think they created much/anything?

Only down side for me was Ash Taylor again looking like a bomb scare (thought he should have been red carded at 0-0 a 2 footed lunge through the air in their half, just plain lunacy). Ryan Jack also was poor/anonymous. Was watching him for a bit, he just jogs about doesn't try and find space or make himself available.

Taylor's form VERY worrying.

• Downvote 2