Aberdeen V Ventspils (3 - 0)

Ok troll take your own advice now you have been proven to be speaking shite.

Ban us both mods if thats what it takes but going to keep calling this out on his bullshit and trolling

Sorry but where exactly!!!!!!!!!!

I am 100% correct here & I challenge your call & would be fine with an independent assessment through the thread by the mods.

So... Good problems...

1. Do we rest anyone in the second leg?

2. Should anyone from today's bench start next week in Latvia? (Stockley was a real handful tonight, as he was the previous game v East Fife.)

3. Should any of today's starting 11 be relegated to the bench? (McLean, IMHO, was our main man last European campaign, but he was terrible v Fola and just hasn't got going. Bench? Or let him work it out?)

4. Who should make an appearance/get a taste in Latvia if we are in total control with half an hour (or less) to go? (Would be good to see McKenna get on.)

I think McInnes SHOULD be once bitten twice shy.

Fair enough to rest McGinn BUT still take him along just in case he is required

So... Good problems...

1. Do we rest anyone in the second leg?

2. Should anyone from today's bench start next week in Latvia? (Stockley was a real handful tonight, as he was the previous game v East Fife.)

3. Should any of today's starting 11 be relegated to the bench? (McLean, IMHO, was our main man last European campaign, but he was terrible v Fola and just hasn't got going. Bench? Or let him work it out?)

4. Who should make an appearance/get a taste in Latvia if we are in total control with half an hour (or less) to go? (Would be good to see McKenna get on.)

Take McGinn, just in case..but give Storey a shot.

If only we could afford to get Arneson to return and be the calming influence in defence. Our defence just needs someone that can talk to others through the game and can take a pass under pressure and find a red shirt with the ball. I just hope that Derek doesn't go with this defence for the season or we will lose important goals. I cant see Reynolds being the player he was and Ash needs to be there for his physical presence but he needs someone experienced next to him talking him through the game.

When Deke was asked

Are you hoping to bring in many more?

"When it's this early on in the window you can never say never, but I'm happy with the way the squad has shaped up. We have managed to make some changes, but it was changes that were needed for some of the younger ones to get their loan moves and hopefully come back closer to being a regular here. We've lost Willo. It's not easy to lose good people, Willo has been great for me and we wish him well. There has been a natural change. I thought we needed to freshen things up and those changes indicate that. We have a strong squad and results, injuries and form will dictate whether we do anymore before the end of the window."

Hopefully he is just playing his cards close to his chest as we have let players go out on loan and have lost Willo so we have to be signing more players.

Playing devil's advocate...

McInnes played the correct team tonight.

Stockley comes on at 0-0 in the 68th minute and scored in the 71st minute.

(On the surface it could look like a great substitution, but scoring our first goal with 19 minutes left against that side? Really? The game was far too scrappy in patches before Jayden came on.)

All of last season's team as far as possible.

Until they run out of gas (like last season?)

McInnes has added to our squad size for a reason. Our bench is now much more capable of some 'like for like' quality switches.

If Derek's goal truly is the group stages (and I believe that it is) then (for example) 2-3 starting line-up changes from game to game won't be so uncommon.

Next week, IMHO, is a time to show faith in the new signings.

Playing devil's advocate...

Stockley comes on at 0-0 in the 68th minute and scored in the 71st minute.

(On the surface it could look like a great substitution, but scoring our first goal with 19 minutes left against that side? Really? The game was far too scrappy in patches before Jayden came on.)

Until they run out of gas (like last season?)

McInnes has added to our squad size for a reason. Our bench is now much more capable of some 'like for like' quality switches.

If Derek's goal truly is the group stages (and I believe that it is) then (for example) 2-3 starting line-up changes from game to game won't be so uncommon.

Next week, IMHO, is a time to show faith in the new signings.

You know nothing about football.

Stick to the same team until there's a problem.

Thought pretty much the whole second half approach/attitude & performance was spot on. Very encouraging.

With the balls we can fire in from the wide areas from Hayes, McGinn, Logan & maybe even Shinnie (if he'd add that to his game more) & the options we now have up front we are looking VERY good there.

If we could only source a decent no nonsense CH (Arnason type) & a real quality CM we REALLY could do some serious damage this season, especially if the new CM also had a decent through ball in his locker.

You know nothing about football.

I know which team to support. default_wave.gif

Stick to the same team until there's a problem.

The problem previously was that we had a starting 11 that picked itself (and everyone and their dog knew what it would be).

Starting the same team with a three goal lead (and the prospect of having away goals counting 'double') next week unnecessarily risks wear and tear and injury, and does nothing toward integrating or showing confidence in our new (and younger) players.

Obviously we have to be cautious but hopefully not over cautious like we tried last week & almost got stung big time.

We get an away goal & they need FIVE. We have to try & aim for at least one away goal.

Cheers for stating the obvious will sleep better tonight...

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Reynolds Shinnie

Jack McLean

McGinn Hayes

Storey

Stockley

subs: Alexander, Rooney, Morris, Wright, Pawlett, Burns, Ash, Considine

Won't happen, but I'll go...

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Reynolds Shinnie

Jack McLean

Wright Hayes

Storey

Rooney

subs: Alexander, McKenna, Considine, McGinn, Pawlett, Burns, Stockley,

rest: Taylor

Provided there are no injuries, and we get a goal in the first hour...

Pawlett on for Hayes (hopefully at HT)

Burns on for Rooney (or Storey, depending on fitness)

McKenna on for O'Connor

• Downvote 2

Storey must be burning that he signed a few days ago and never got a game.

Burns rocks up yesterday and plays straight away.

I'd be pissed off if I was Storey.

Could it be that McInnes has negotiated a deal

similar to the Ward deal?

Burns plays and we pay £wage but every week he doesnt play we pay £wage x3