Aberdeen V Ventspils (3 - 0)

I thought storey wasn't fit because he couldn't get released early and hasn't trained?

Correct, both he and McInnes have said that.

Burns completed a full pre season and is clearly sharper than Storey is. I think Storey will start next week though.

We now have an attacking threat off the bench and depth in some but not all positions. I'll give all players pass marks for effort but would especially mention Shinnie, Considine and Logan. McLean is rightly taking flak but he did seem to pick up an injury half an hour in and despite that did not hide, always looked for the ball and tried to get us forward (badly) when he had it.

This is going to be a maddening season for our Ryan though. He is 'managing the game out' personified. If he does not have someone with the tenacity of Shinnie beside him then he will be exposed.

They were shite. Oh and Taylor is a lucky lucky boy. Problem caused by the ref not calling the foul when the boy jumps into him as they did all night but then it's up to us to deal with that. Step up Lord Shinnie of Shinsville.

Edit: Rooney will make hay this year having Stockley taking the target pressure off him.

Thought it was largely spot on last night. The 3 in central midfield didn't click as well as we'd have liked, but I think we needed 3 in there first half, as Ventspils were knocking it around quickly and would have exposed us. They were sitting a lot deeper once they tired a bit from chasing us down was the right time to take on the second striker and it paid dividends straight away. As much as I'd like 2 strikers available, in these European games with unknown quantities, it could be quite a risk from the start. Also, I can see why the starting team was all from last season, takes a bit of time to ingrain new players and while pre-season is usually that time, this pre-season we are playing in qualifiers.

Negative points - centre back distribution and I felt Taylor was a lucky boy with the lunge. McLean seems off the boil, but hopefully is just getting back to match sharpness. When we are playing the 3 in midfield, we really need one of them to get close to the striker. I am not sure whose job that was last night, but Rooney seemed quite isolated at times when the ball was played up to him.

Positive points - Stockley looks like a presence and a threat. Burns looks good on the ball, though obviously was only a late appearance and Ventspils were dead on their feet. I thought Considine played well at left back, apart from one blip when he tried to be clever. I like Shinnie's dig in midfield, but think left back will continue to be an issue against better teams if Considine is there.

Credit where its due to McInnes. If the gameplan was to tire them out then burst their farters at the end, then it worked.

Adam Rooney is our best signing in 20 years & Jonny Hayes is god.

Niall McGinn & Ryan Jack had a competition of who can shit out of most tackles, though I thought both were decent on the ball last night.

Ash Taylor is shit & Shay Logan is brilliant.

That's my review.

Credit where its due to McInnes. If the gameplan was to tire them out then burst their farters at the end, then it worked.

Niall McGinn & Ryan Jack had a competition of who can shit out of most tackles, though I thought both were decent on the ball last night.

That's my review.

How did you rate the pies? I thought they were pish again.

That's my review.

Add in McLean busting a gut to get the ball and force himself out of his shitness (and failing), Considine being Considine (the good one apart from one fuck up that gave them their chance late in the 2nd half) and Lewis having precisely fuck all to do and you've pretty much nailed it.

Didn't have a pie though.

Guest the shepherd

To be fair to Ryan, he wasn't terrible last night. Our second goal came from him putting the ball back into the danger zone. Still too much of his "recycling possesion" pish though.

I wonder who out of the Gothenburg 1983 team was continually singled out for praise in the way Ryan Jack is on this site (it's getting....I need a forty winks). I doubt Doug Rougvie was, folk wid hiv been too feart.

I don't actually think McLean was anywhere near as bad as folk making out. Looked comfortable on the ball and always made space, he just never had much of an option to pass forward to.

I think if Stockley had come on alongside Rooney and McLean had stayed on, we'd have seen him pinging balls up to the front two.

Was a great game last night, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

The only question mark for me was the keeper.

He had hardly anything to do but what he did do was unconvincing.

His kicking was suspect for sure. Hopefully it's just down to early season rustiness. He seems a good communicator though.

Was a great game last night, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

The only question mark for me was the keeper.

He had hardly anything to do but what he did do was unconvincing.

It wasn't a great game, it was marred by shocking passing and one poor team, you clearly don't know everything about football

• Upvote 3

Perfect. Tired them out and we couldn't cope with them defending deep enough that they were on fucking King Street but our persistence prevailed and we tired them out coming to the end of the first half. Second half was always going to be a rout and it was just a matter of time. Getting the fresh legs of Stockley on was brilliantly timed and his movement opened them up like a sluts legs in a gangbang.

Perfect. Tired them out and we couldn't cope with them defending deep enough that they were on fucking King Street but our persistence prevailed and we tired them out coming to the end of the first half. Second half was always going to be a rout and it was just a matter of time. Getting the fresh legs of Stockley on was brilliantly timed and his movement opened them up like a sluts legs in a gangbang.

When they were resorting to falling down every couple of minutes, the writing was on the wall.

I'd put Alexander in for the return. Think we have done enough already to go through no matter which of the keepers we use and I'd just like to see how the defence looks with him at the back.

There's a second round league cup fixture in less than 4 weeks time - that will do instead of swapping around keepers out of interest at the most important time of the season for us. If we get through next week AND QR3 I would expect that league cup game will be quite a second string team as we prepare for Playoff 1st leg a week later

If last week taught us anything its not to f**k around and take risks for the hell of it

• Upvote 1

I'd put Alexander in for the return. Think we have done enough already to go through no matter which of the keepers we use and I'd just like to see how the defence looks with him at the back.

I'd put Alexander in too.. only because he'll be number one by the end of season anyway. Saving ourselves a lot drama in the long term.

1: Lille (FRA) 29.549

2: Maribor (SVN) 21.625 or Levski Sofia (BUL)

3: Austria Wien (AUT) 19.020 or Kukës (ALB)

4: Panathinaikos (GRE) 14.940

5: Maccabi Haifa (ISR) 11.725 or Nõmme Kalju (EST)

6: Hajduk Split (CRO) 10.775 or laşi (ROU)

Potential opponents

Can we play the 2nd leg first plz?