Kilmarnock Vs Aberdeen (0 - 4)

Derek McInnes | Post Match Quotes

"I have not seen the penalty again yet. I thought James had a lot to do to get on the end of what was a brilliant move. I thought the goalkeeper was favourite but he did not take charge of the situation and I think he pulls James down. I am not sure if it was a penalty but there was a foul on James.

Strange comment, surely if it is a foul in the box it IS a penalty.

If Maddison fouled the keeper first then got fouled then it should be a Killie free kick.

Was it him responsible for Maddison being down in the first half (trainer on etc)? Felt for sure he was fucked, and going to get taken off by the look of his reaction. If Maddison makes it all the way through to January injury free, Ill be amazed. He gets taken out every 2-3 possessions.

Yes I think so. I thought he was coming off too, might have been winded instead. Thought Killie were quite "smart" fouling him yesterday in that they kind of used their bodies to foul rather than kicks at him which usually get a booking.

Derek McInnes | Post Match Quotes

"I have not seen the penalty again yet. I thought James had a lot to do to get on the end of what was a brilliant move. I thought the goalkeeper was favourite but he did not take charge of the situation and I think he pulls James down. I am not sure if it was a penalty but there was a foul on James.

Strange comment, surely if it is a foul in the box it IS a penalty.

That all depends on which James McInnes is refering to :sherlock:

Just seen the highlights. Rooney scores a pen, misses two absolute sitters and scores another which the keeper should have saved. The very Adam Rooney-like game performance.

Fairly tongue in cheek by the way before some bellend gets on at me.

I was going to pull him up on those two sitters. Woeful efforts.

Ken fit you're saying though...

But. but, but...he scored twice! What more do you want??!!

Nithing. Merely commenting that those two attempted finishes were awful.

Could have done better myself like.

I was going to pull him up on those two sitters. Woeful efforts.

Ken fit you're saying though...

Nithing. Merely commenting that those two attempted finishes were awful.

Could have done better myself like.

I'll add that the second goal was extremely lucky. Looks like he had a bit of a weird sort of game?

• Downvote 1

I'll add that the second goal was extremely lucky. Looks like he had a bit of a weird sort of game?

he also created the chance that led to the penalty and created another for O'Connor. He linked well wih Hayes and Maddison too

What is your obsession with putting the guy down?

don't come back with some pish about me thinking he's a god like before, I think he's a very good SPL striker and have never said anything more than that

Guest RosemountRed

Rooney actually looked pretty good from the highlights in terms of ball at the feet, control and passing.

Finishing was a bit off right enough.

Pleased he scored the pen - first one after Maribor.

And another good game for him next, Ross County at home.

Rooney actually looked pretty good from the highlights in terms of ball at the feet, control and passing.

Finishing was a bit off right enough.

Pleased he scored the pen - first one after Maribor.

Nice to see it slammed home to his less common left side (as he looks at it) too. I'll bet every keeper had been told that he's nervous about penalties and will go to his usual bottom right to get back on track. Well that's fucked that then hasn't it! :swear:

ps. and still never a penalty.

Happy days, great win and could have been more...Lets keep it going...Win against Ross county at home then beating Morton will be a great start.

Win the next three will be a great start to the season and probably eclipses last season (and any season in last 20 years)

Strange thing is if Celtic also win 3 we won't be feeling as great about it as we should

Great performance, though I'd have preferred more goals from open-play - but lets not be fussy.

Rooney did blow at least a couple of chances from open-play in addition to his goals, so we were creating chances.

I dont think the penalty was a penalty, but as we benefited from it this is irrelevant.

Result is a welcome boost to our GD, though we should not get carried away as Killie as piss. I think they might well go down this year.

11 wins on the bounce against Killie stretching back to 2013. Pleasing, especially as I remember a time (about a decade ago?) when we couldn't buy a win down there.

Onwards and upwards.

EDIT: Also just saw the highlights for the first time, and that is a penalty any day of the week. Keeper loses control of the ball, Maddison would have had a tap-in, keeper brings him down. Arguably not just a penalty but a red card to boot.