Aberdeen V Celtic

We're up against it tomorrow I think. Certainly going to need to vastly improve on the last few performances. Celtic scoring a lot of goals and our central defence being our weakest area is a worry.

Hopefully Jack back in will help protect that area as well as letting us keep the ball a bit better.

Considine in beside o'conner and Shinnie to left back to accommodate jack.

Not feeling overly confident going into this one. I'd like to see us play to our strengths get the ball to Hayes and Maddison and really take the game to them. In reality I think we'll set up to try and contain and catch them on the counter, which is bloody annoying as they don't deserve that much respect.

We are more than capable of going toe to toe with Celtic and coming out on top.

• Upvote 2

Not feeling overly confident going into this one. I'd like to see us play to our strengths get the ball to Hayes and Maddison and really take the game to them. In reality I think we'll set up to try and contain and catch them on the counter, which is bloody annoying as they don't deserve that much respect.

Correct. Rodgers supposed brilliance is simply that he's set up a team to counter teams trying to do exactly that - to stymie them for 90 minutes. They're actually quite weak in that middle third but only if you get on their toes. Stand and admire them as Jack, Maclean and Maddison will do and they'll pick you off.

And in a blatant attempt to put him off and curse the boy today that Sviachenko is exactly the player we needed (noble effort by O'Connor noted).

Yep but we will show too much respect.

Our only chance of getting something from this game is to play with pace and urgency and hassle them all over the pitch. They are a good team but they are not Barca ffs...

If Deek gets his tactics right and all our main players step up we can sneak it. If on the other hand we show them too much respect and set up defensively we will lose by at least 3 goals.

COYR.

Let's not forget that Celtic are mainly getting carried away because they beat and outclassed The Rangers.

But that's not the measure of a good team as Barcelona proved.

No respect and we have a great chance. Stand off and admire and we're fucked.

The first ten minutes will tell you which applies, I have a feeling it will be the latter but hope we get stuck right into them as their defence is shite.