Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

37 minutes ago, caledonia said:

There you go again deflect the tory billions and bring up the snp 

what about this hospital in Tory run England

BE5-F1-B89-3-E15-4-A05-B2-C8-708253-B846

As a Lib Dem why you only calling out one party

What about these figures then Caledonia.

150 million wasted on 2 ferries.Still lying rusting up.

Bifab 40 million wasted.Now closed.

Two hospitals held up for years.Over 100 million wasted.

Prestwick Airport - Over 40 million wasted.

Scot not investment bank- over 45 million written off.

Scottish Parliament building something like 10 times over budget.

Over 1 million wasted trying to prosecute Salmond despite legal advice .

police,ambulance and fire brigade nationalisation a complete disaster.

These are just off the top of my head.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, caledonia said:

What other country that has got its independence has had to justify every aspect to be better than the country it is seceding from.

and what other countries can you name that have asked back after independence 

How many other countries have "got independence" that you know anything about the circumstances?

Also , that last sentence means fuck all. Name me 1 country whose gone independent from an equivalent position to ours?

3 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Mute argument you could be shafted at council level

also one of the above voted to starve children for example so explain why its the same.

"Could".  We are shafted from Holyrood

The other invited trannies into schools

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

What about these figures then Caledonia.

150 million wasted on 2 ferries.Still lying rusting up.

Bifab 40 million wasted.Now closed.

Two hospitals held up for years.Over 100 million wasted.

Prestwick Airport - Over 40 million wasted.

Scot not investment bank- over 45 million written off.

Scottish Parliament building something like 10 times over budget.

Over 1 million wasted trying to prosecute Salmond despite legal advice .

police,ambulance and fire brigade nationalisation a complete disaster.

These are just off the top of my head.

Do you have any comparable figures for what we waste when not independent as part of the uk 

some examples off the top of my head

trident

HS2

Brexit

illegal wars

oil tax money

House of lords 

12 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Mute argument you could be shafted at council level

also one of the above voted to starve children for example so explain why its the same.

Poverty has increased on the SNP's watch in Scotland, the gap between rich and poor has got bigger. In other social issues we have the worst drug deaths in Europe, all on the SNP's watch.

Even the SNP's little bitch from the Green Party said to them last week that they weren't doing nearly enough to tackle poverty in Scotland, in fact "they believe they can afford a council tax freeze in Scotland, a policy that gives biggest savings to the wealthiest" , yet they are not doing anything to tackle poverty.

The SNP were also the only party in Scotland a couple of years ago who didn't want to tax the very richest more. It's almost as if ALL governments want to keep the rich happy. I imagine you live by that fantasy that Robertson/Sturgeon etc are living on minimum wage in a council flat don't you !

Now you've switched the topic every time you can't answer a question, poverty is about the 5th item on your list so far, what's next?

1 minute ago, caledonia said:

Do you have any comparable figures for what we waste when not independent as part of the uk 

some examples off the top of my head

trident

HS2

Brexit

illegal wars

oil tax money

House of lords 

The GERS figures (Parklife is poised) .. whilst not 100% are one of the strongest guides going (an opinion backed by SNP members like Salmond and Sturgeon) to show a true picture of finances in Scotland. Scotland getting much more back from Westminster than we put in is the case if you remove all the items above.

Stupid non argument again. 

9 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

The GERS figures (Parklife is poised) .. whilst not 100% are one of the strongest guides going (an opinion backed by SNP members like Salmond and Sturgeon) to show a true picture of finances in Scotland. Scotland getting much more back from Westminster than we put in is the case if you remove all the items above.

Stupid non argument again. 

Gers hahahaha 

54-A3-B261-1-C9-C-4506-BDDE-FD0-EB3-FF3-

8 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Blockhead, joe pike and nem with there mates at last dons match

No wonder they sing “we know you said no”

CE057-B42-5-A65-46-A1-A462-5-A6-E76-D9-F

Wonderful banter.

I would argue someone who would take independence even if he knew for a fact it would damage his country badly (as you said you would) is much less of lover of Scotland than someone who actually would vote either way based on what they think would be the best outcome for the country.

Also, do I now share a picture of a stereotypical nationalist saying "Caledonia goes to the shops" , is that how this banter works?

Lads yer never going to change other people's opinions on a fitba forum so why don't you both agree to disagree?!!?

Be it Holyrood, Westminster or Brussels governments make monumental fuck ups that end up costing the average person in the street cash.

We know for sure that Westminster is full of amateur self serving pricks (on all sides of the Benches) and it's widely reported and generally understood by everyone.

What irks me is that most of the people who are staunch Yes voters seem incapable of accepting or giving criticism to the SNP and it's all about independence (which will happen).

The SNP have made their fair share of fuck ups but some supporter's ignore all that because "it will be better when we are independent".

1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Lads yer never going to change other people's opinions on a fitba forum so why don't you both agree to disagree?!!?

Be it Holyrood, Westminster or Brussels governments make monumental fuck ups that end up costing the average person in the street cash.

We know for sure that Westminster is full of amateur self serving pricks (on all sides of the Benches) and it's widely reported and generally understood by everyone.

What irks me is that most of the people who are staunch Yes voters seem incapable of accepting or giving criticism to the SNP and it's all about independence (which will happen).

The SNP have made their fair share of fuck ups but some supporter's ignore all that because "it will be better when we are independent".

Exactly we'll still be shafted - just by a different set of cunts

• Upvote 2
40 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Gers hahahaha 

54-A3-B261-1-C9-C-4506-BDDE-FD0-EB3-FF3-

It can give an indication though :

Alex Salmond ahead of the 2014 Referendum , "the GERS figures are fact, they are known, they show the reality of Scotland's underlying economic performance" 

More recent :

An SNP website article called "GERS figures explained: How we’re delivering for Scotland"

https://www.snp.org/gers-figures-explained/

Too easy.