Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Fuck off min. I am sick and tired of folk passing prejudicial judgement on me, based on me not working (my eyes are fucked, get over it) and I'm back staying at my Mother's (not a life choice but circumstances outwith my control).

We, as a family, had to live through a similar predicament when my father was still living. Folk thinking they have got the god given right to pass judgement on him and our family, based on their feelings, without taking into consideration the condition he actually had (and the mental, emotional, physical health, and social impacts this had on the proud lad and our family), which ultimately killed him. 

God forbid anything bad that may happen to you and/or your business. You would not have the capability to deal with it, based on your attitude alone. 

That's a bite. 

9 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Is it? 

Maybe in an independent Scotland we could at least aim to pursue a better state of affairs for him to gain employment etc. 

Instead of just accepting "Ah this is shite, I bet it'd be even worse if the English never took all our money and gave us an allowance". 

Fuck off min. I am sick and tired of folk passing prejudicial judgement on me, based on me not working (my eyes are fucked, get over it) and I'm back staying at my Mother's (not a life choice but circumstances outwith my control).

We, as a family, had to live through a similar predicament when my father was still living. Folk thinking they have got the god given right to pass judgement on him and our family, based on their feelings, without taking into consideration the condition he actually had (and the mental, emotional, physical health, and social impacts this had on the proud lad and our family), which ultimately killed him. 

God forbid anything bad that may happen to you and/or your business. You would not have the capability to deal with it, based on your attitude alone. 

2 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

You keep on saying you know the meaning of words and demonstrating you clearly do not with your posts.

ok my dad is a dyed in the wool labour supporter who now supports Independence. His position was always I have far more in common with working man in the North of England than the Scottish toff. 

He has completely changed his mind hearing the endless crap being spouted bY the denizens of Rochdale and the like pre and post Brexit. 

The majority of Scottish people did not fall for that crap. Unlike our supposed like minded brothers south of the border.

Just because I don't conform to your views, doesn't mean I do not know the meaning of words that I use in my posts. That's a pathetic, desperate, and baseless view in order to make you think you have a greater and worthier voice than me.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Just because I don't conform to your views, doesn't mean I do not know the meaning of words that I use in my posts. That's a pathetic, desperate, and baseless view in order to make you think you have a greater and worthier voice than me.

No It’s called discourse and hopefully reasoned argument. Go on prove me wrong. 

35 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Don't waste your time min. I know what objectivity means.?

You couldn't be further from the truth with your last comment. Obviously it wasn't based on objectivity. I am a Labour Party member and voter and always will be until my dying breath. 

#ClauseIV

So you're approaching independence from a standpoint of "I'll never fucking change my mind on this."

Fuck me I voted Yes last time, started as No. 

This time I'll vote yes again but I had an internal dialogue as to what I thought was the best option. For a good year whenever the conversation was brought up I genuinely wasn't sure if I was yes or no. 

It's good to have a think. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, CCB III said:

So you're approaching independence from a standpoint of "I'll never fucking change my mind on this."

Fuck me I voted Yes last time, started as No. 

This time I'll vote yes again but I had an internal dialogue as to what I thought was the best option. For a good year whenever the conversation was brought up I genuinely wasn't sure if I was yes or no. 

It's good to have a think. 

Sarcasm?

31 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

You keep on saying you know the meaning of words and demonstrating you clearly do not with your posts.

ok my dad is a dyed in the wool labour supporter who now supports Independence. His position was always I have far more in common with working man in the North of England than the Scottish toff. 

He has completely changed his mind hearing the endless crap being spouted bY the denizens of Rochdale and the like pre and post Brexit. 

The majority of Scottish people did not fall for that crap. Unlike our supposed like minded brothers south of the border.

Get off your high horse

• Upvote 2
57 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Ironic. 

• Haha 1
Guest Grays Babylon 1875

I don't pretend, state, or infer I am better than anyone else. We are all equals after all. 

Are you young, gifted and black? 

I don't pretend, state, or infer I am better than anyone else. We are all equals after all. 

Unless you're black. 

In which case you are praying they do a violent crime so you can moralise and pontificate about what's wrong with Britain, all the way in the broch'

4 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

All these years on, I've never worked out with any certainty if she/he was actually drink-driving or the other person she alludes to in the song was, and she/he was advocating such an act. ?

"You got a fast car" and "remember when we were driving, driving in your car" are in the lyrics.

I doot a black male American would allow his missus to drive. @Parklife can you advice?