Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Our town and city centres (up and down the country and also in other countries) are in the state they are for a number of reasons.

1) People's buying habits have changed thanks to technology. The rise of Amazon and the sheer speed and ease of online buying has changed the way in which the majority of people shop.

2)The UK's love of supermarkets where you can get everything in one place has also had an effect on small independent shops - bakers, butchers, fruit and veg shops etc.

Both points above are purely down to an individual's own decision but have had a devastating effect on city and town centres.

Also

3) Councils insisting on charging high rates for shops and units in the perceived "best shopping locations" (i.e. Union Street) while not acknowledging that shoppers habits are changing.

All your points raised are relevant min.

However, as you rightly infer, the Councils up and down the land should be offering incentives to entrepreneurs, who may be in a position to set up a business, without the need of crucifying business rates and corporation tax. 

There used to be a business rate called small business relief which normally, at the outset of a new going-concern trading, would mean it would have no rates to pay for its first year. The second year's business rate would be based on the business's turnover for its first year, and so on thereafter.

2 hours ago, NEM said:

You can’t make a case for independence without whatabouttery. The tories are inept cunts, newsflash so are the snp. Vast, vast majority of politicians are.

Explain how and why we’d be better off independent, that’s the only way you’re going to change peoples minds (which you need to do according to the polls)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/scottish-independence-polls-what-the-latest-polling-says-after-nicola-sturgeon-announces-second-referendum/ar-AAZ0hal

Or you could just stick to memes, whatabouttery and insults - you never know that might work 

You still believing English based polls run and owned by Tories (GB news as well)

Its like Tories never lie in your world.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875

Scotland haven't existed as a country since 1998. 

Just merge the lot and call it Cuntland or some shit. 

1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Said this exact same thing to him only yesterday. Continuing with the memes, pointing out Tory sleaze that we all know about while glossing over the SNP failings will do nothing to change a No voter to a yes voter.

The SNP know this, are trying a different approach but it feels like their core support have not changed and all they can do is point and say "but but but the Tories"

Explains why the Tories are getting so much votes.

Maybe instead of the whataboutry you could give us a reason why you vote for the Tories.

p.s without mentioning SNP

3 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Explains why the Tories are getting so much votes.

Maybe instead of the whataboutry you could give us a reason why you vote for the Tories.

p.s without mentioning SNP

They got so much votes (in England) because their main opposition was so pathetic (and still are) and were led by a bampot.

They still got votes in Scotland because not everyone wants an independent Scotland and some can see how the SNP have been in power for as long as they have yet very little has improved under them i.e. education, health etc.

Proposed Policies like the named person were also not popular.

Remember a vote against an independent Scotland does not equate to a vote for the Tories exactly like a vote for an independent Scotland does not equate to a vote for the SNP. 

9 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Gets under you lots skin thats 

@Joe pike

@For Fecks Sake

@NEM

@Matt Armstrong's Dog

all raging wonder what you have in common?

Doesn't get under my skin at all, just more shaking my head as to how deluded a person you are and how you are doing fuck all to change No voters to Yes voters.

Also the pish memes you post containing inaccurate information may appeal to those who believe the SNP propaganda that in an independent Scotland all will be better than it is just now which is so far from the truth.

But you carry on ?

46 minutes ago, caledonia said:

You still believing English based polls run and owned by Tories (GB news as well)

Its like Tories never lie in your world.

Take it you never read as far as this part?

Among all pollsters only three polls have showed a lead for Yes since last year’s Holyrood election, with three more showing the two sides level. Meanwhile, 20 have shown No ahead.”

Were the big words hurting your head? 

12 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

They got so much votes (in England) because their main opposition was so pathetic (and still are) and were led by a bampot.

They still got votes in Scotland because not everyone wants an independent Scotland and some can see how the SNP have been in power for as long as they have yet very little has improved under them i.e. education, health etc.

Proposed Policies like the named person were also not popular.

Remember a vote against an independent Scotland does not equate to a vote for the Tories exactly like a vote for an independent Scotland does not equate to a vote for the SNP. 

So if as your saying is true why do you vote Tory still not explained properly.

you cant expect us to believe you’ve ran with the SNP are doing shite so i will vote for a Party doing worse.

what attracts you to the Tories?

9 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Remember a vote against an independent Scotland does not equate to a vote for the Tories 

Hard to argue that too strongly tbh. Scotland has not voted for a Conservative government since 1958 (64 years ago), yet has had a conservative government for 44 of those years. 

Voting against independence is very much voting for Scotland to be governed by the Conservatives, at least 2/3rds of the time. 

• Upvote 3
11 minutes ago, caledonia said:

you cant expect us to believe you’ve ran with the SNP are doing shite so i will vote for a Party doing worse.

15 months of this shite plus his memes.

Personally I would let them have a referendum as long as they did it by Sept this year.

Get it done within 3 months.

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Hard to argue that too strongly tbh. Scotland has not voted for a Conservative government since 1958 (64 years ago), yet has had a conservative government for 44 of those years. 

Voting against independence is very much voting for Scotland to be governed by the Conservatives, at least 2/3rds of the time. 

Is the correct answer.

FFS enjoys being ruled by them tho. He probs likes birds shitting on him in the boudoir too. 

16 minutes ago, caledonia said:

13 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Who said I did?

You when you vote for them in the online polls.

why say that anyway its as your almost embarrassed to admit the fact.

incoming excuse

686-B8-E2-D-968-B-4-FE9-A6-A4-142101-D87

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I know. Every general election it's essentially cast your vote and cross your fingers. 

Voted Labour twice and got Tory rodents twice. 

What's frustrating is Labour are more concerned about the union than they are representing the Labour movement in Scotland. 

Many working people want independence, Labour would do so, so much better if they accepted it as an inevitability rather than something to oppose. 

It was telling on QT the other night, when independence was being discussed, the Labour lassie and the Tory pig, were trying to make the question about party politics. "Oh but the SNP haven't done X, Y and Z" as if that's an argument against independence. It just means they, like all governments, have areas where they fail. 

They deliberately misrepresent the issue because deep down they know they can't really contest it. Just IMO. 

They moan about the SNP being a "single issue" party but off the top of my head I couldn't tell you a Scottish Tory or Labour policy that isn't "keep the union."

5 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

15 months of this shite plus his memes.

Personally I would let them have a referendum as long as they did it by Sept this year.

Get it done within 3 months.

You lot will be claiming i am bullying you next or is that only for the bed wetters.