Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, CCB III said:

Am I?

We're talking about housing prices in general.

You giving me your personal anecdote doesn't change the overriding trend. 

Fair play to your folks for soldiering on

We weren't talking about house prices originally. You started off saying "boomers" had it easy compared to now. A complete load of bollocks.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NEM said:

Man who doesn’t believe in border controls cries about lack of available housing ?

1.) Never said once that I don't believe in border control 

2.) Blaming immigrants is the thickest thing people do. Seriously. It's as old as time and I actually thought you'd have more about you than to simply lap that pish up. 

The main problems are wealth disparity, and the majority of housing being owned by a minority of people. 

The government isn't not building new housing because they are giving it away to immigrants so don't have for us, they could build enough for everyone, they don't have the will, namely, because it drives down the price of private housing. 

Its fuck all to do with immigrants. Stupid POV.

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

2.) Blaming immigrants is the thickest thing people do. Seriously. It's as old as time and I actually thought you'd have more about you than to simply lap that pish up. 

The main problems are wealth disparity, and the majority of housing being owned by a minority of people. 

The government isn't not building new housing because they are giving it away to immigrants so don't have for us, they could build enough for everyone, they don't have the will, namely, because it drives down the price of private housing. 

Where do the immigrants live? Genuine question.

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

We weren't talking about house prices originally. You started off saying "boomers" had it easy compared to now. A complete load of bollocks.

You're right. 

They could get houses for 5,000. Get mortgages being tea ladies. A union to stick up for their conditions. Good, solid contracts and good hours. Cheaper food, drink, everything really. 

But how can I say that when some guy can cycle a pizza to my door? 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

You can’t have net immigration running at about 300k a year for 20+ years and be surprised at house prices going up. I’m not “blaming” anyone, it’s basic supply and demand.

Yes claiming it’s got fuck all to do with immigration is a very stupid POV 

I had what could be best described as a "chaotic" lifestyle paddy.

You wouldn't understand.

No I think I might 

I step over such people on the way to eat foie gras...

Joking for the idiots who wouldn't get it

People go through stuff fella, it's how you come out of it 

I don't judge anyone had mates with problems you support them thru it I you can 

Just now, CCB III said:

You're right. 

They could get houses for 5,000. Get mortgages being tea ladies. A union to stick up for their conditions. Good, solid contracts and good hours. Cheaper food, drink, everything really

But how can I say that when some guy can cycle a pizza to my door? 

Mortgages were much harder to get, much more expensive, food is cheaper than it's ever been, drink is much cheaper in supermarkets,  my old man used to save up to buy a bottle of whisky at new year.

You are havering. Accept it.

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Am I?

We're talking about housing prices in general.

You giving me your personal anecdote doesn't change the overriding trend. 

Fair play to your folks for soldiering on

You said everyone got houses easy. (You have acknowledged the generalisations though). 

There is plenty generalisations here, yes. But,  what I find with many of the young uns I work with is that they're more bothered about have a nice car ahead of a gaff to themselves. Guys in their late 20s, who've been working for 9 years in a decent wage, still at home, but driving a top of the range motor. Claim they can't afford a mortgage, whilst paying the equivalent each month on a car. There is one guy paying 800 quid a month on a motor...800!

(he earns under 30k a year)

Just now, patrick bateman said:

That is some elitist shit there 

How so? 

Im not criticising the profession of being a tea lady, I'm saying that a job that doesn't pay a lot could get you a mortgage.

You can interpret that in any way you like. I've respect for tea ladies. 

It's fairly obvious they use up available housing stock. Daft to claim otherwise.

I think immigrants tend to rent when they first move to a new country, until they can establish their credit and finances, at which point they likely buy a house. 

What's your point?

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

How so? 

Im not criticising the profession of being a tea lady, I'm saying that a job that doesn't pay a lot could get you a mortgage.

You can interpret that in any way you like. I've respect for tea ladies. 

It was the husband who beat the tea lady for a cold supper that got the mortgage.

40 minutes ago, NEM said:

House prices have calmed down massively in the past 5-10 years compared to the 2000’s, certainly in Aberdeen. 

A flat in the close next to where I bought is valuing at around 15k more now than it was when I bought. That's nearly 20 years on

1 minute ago, DD1903 said:

A flat in the close next to where I bought is valuing at around 15k more now than it was when I bought. That's nearly 20 years on

My neighbours selling his hoose just now, it’s on for just under 10% less than he paid for it in 2012.

Back around 2005 houses were regularly going for silly money above the offers over price in Aberdeen

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

For all you immigrant numpties;

https://amp.theguardian.com/housing-network/2016/jan/25/is-immigration-causing-the-uk-housing-crisis

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migrants-and-housing-in-the-uk-experiences-and-impacts/

There's enough resources and material for more housing, including migrants. 

The issue is greed. As always.

See that's why I've changed my stance on immigration.

6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

For all you immigrant numpties;

https://amp.theguardian.com/housing-network/2016/jan/25/is-immigration-causing-the-uk-housing-crisis

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migrants-and-housing-in-the-uk-experiences-and-impacts/

There's enough resources and material for more housing, including migrants. 

The issue is greed. As always.

Where they building these houses? The UK (England mainly) is one of the most densely populated countries in Europe. 

Greed is one issue, as is immigration. Nonsense to suggest either has “fuck all to to with it”

7 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I think immigrants tend to rent when they first move to a new country, until they can establish their credit and finances, at which point they likely buy a house. 

What's your point?

So they enter the housing market, presumably raising prices(more demand = higher prices) exactly the problem we're discussing.

No one is saying they are the only factor but they are a contributing factor.

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

So they enter the housing market, presumably raising prices(more demand = higher prices) exactly the problem we're discussing.

No one is saying they are the only factor but they are a contributing factor.

You have a whole industry dedicated to building new houses to meet demand, which in turn is supplied by multiple subsidiary industries, which creates work across the country, lowering unemployment and creating wealth for the working class. Not to mention enriching the banks via extortionate 30 year mortgages. 

Immigrants tend to be industrious go-getters, and I should know. 

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

Where they building these houses? The UK (England mainly) is one of the most densely populated countries in Europe. 

Greed is one issue, as is immigration. Nonsense to suggest either has “fuck all to to with it”

Scotland has no issues in terms of space. 

England still has space, also. 

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN03012/SN03012.pdf

600,000+ empty homes! 

Fuckin hell