Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, sigh said:

I see her husband, an SNP Coonciler, has stepped back to reflect on what to do next 

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23850987.lisa-camerons-husband-steps-back-snp-councillor/

Imagine the dinner table conversations would have been quite juicy these last few weeks.

The SNP MP woman that embezzled all the cash was married to a Tory councillor. Utterly bizarre. It's like these people don't have any political convictions at all and just hop on to the gravy train of the party du jour because they are essentially unemployable in the real world.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Yes because what they stand for on almost every issue is completely different to what the SNP stand for. 

I don't agree with that, certainly not historically anyway. The SNP has always been a fairly broad church, with people from the left and right who come together to push for independence. That's why they've had such an emphasis on party discipline over the years - if you're a member you go with the leadership for the sake of Indy. 

The current leadership is centre left, as was sturgeon, but I'm not sure you could say that salmond was. There have always been, and still are, plenty of centre right folk in the SNP, even if they're not currently running the show.

That says nothing about the politics of Lisa Cameron though, who I hadn't heard of till yesterday.

21 minutes ago, KenDodd'sDad said:

The SNP MP woman that embezzled all the cash was married to a Tory councillor. Utterly bizarre. It's like these people don't have any political convictions at all and just hop on to the gravy train of the party du jour because they are essentially unemployable in the real world.

Surely nobody picks their partner based on their political views?

6 hours ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Again I ask. Show me where I've said I'm a Tory.

I have voted tactically for a number of party's over the years in the various constituencies I've stayed (BTW I have stayed in various parts of Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Moray, Highlands and the Isles).

Yes, on a couple of these occasions I have voted Tory, to try and keep the SNP out (I've clearly stated this on open forum as you correctly cite).  With some success I might add.  I have also voted for other party's for the same reason.  Don't make me one of them tho.

I'm likely to do so in the future again if votin' in a particular manner helps to avoid the break up of the Union.   My vote, my choice and my decision to live with the consequences.  As is yours if independence is ever gained.

What you'll also be aware of is the amount of times I've stated I'm not a Tory fanboy and that I'm not actually a Tory. 

Backbone has fuck all to do with it lol.  If I was a Tory I'd fuckin' tell you.  Why would I not?  Just because you and others don't like them, my political opinons or even me for that sake.  Fuck, do you really think I give a fuck what some nonentity on the internet thinks about me or my views?🤣 Fuck sakes min read my posts.  Personal popularity is not one of my objectives on here.  It's all fun an games, particularly in this bit of the Forum.

Keep your dummy in min.  You never know, one day your dream may be fulfilled.  Not in our lifetimes tho buddy.

Are you aware nobody actually gives a fuck?

• Upvote 1

The SNP Conference has been quite remarkable, as the luminaries of the separatist movement hammer out their independence strategy.

In my understanding, the party has agreed the following:

It currently has 44 MP in Westminster and has no mandate for independence, as shown by the lack of negotiations with the UK Government.

But the party thinks that, if it loses up to 15 MPs at the general election, taking it down to as low as 29 MPs (a majority of Scottish seats?), then this will - remarkably - somehow represent a mandate for independence, leading to negotiations with the UK Government.

I almost feel sorry for the people who have been taken in by these grifters:  after many years of kicking the can down the road, dancing around the topic, they have got to a stage where there is not even a serious pretence anymore that they know what they are doing.

If anyone swallows the above strategy, it is surely because they are on the SNP payroll and want to keep the gravy train flowing, or else they are thick.

Which are you, dear reader?

The grifters always seem to get out of jail however.  Given the above nonsense, surely Humza and co will be hoping for a real wipe out for the party, as then they can carry on "in post", while saying "ach, we just fell short of the magic 29 seats....next time" and the pound shop bravehearts will be fooled again.

Also, has anyone received their voting card for this independence referendum on Thursday?  I haven't, should I be worried?

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

The SNP Conference has been quite remarkable, as the luminaries of the separatist movement hammer out their independence strategy.

In my understanding, the party has agreed the following:

It currently has 44 MP in Westminster and has no mandate for independence, as shown by the lack of negotiations with the UK Government.

But the party thinks that, if it loses up to 15 MPs at the general election, taking it down to as low as 29 MPs (a majority of Scottish seats?), then this will - remarkably - somehow represent a mandate for independence, leading to negotiations with the UK Government.

I almost feel sorry for the people who have been taken in by these grifters:  after many years of kicking the can down the road, dancing around the topic, they have got to a stage where there is not even a serious pretence anymore that they know what they are doing.

If anyone swallows the above strategy, it is surely because they are on the SNP payroll and want to keep the gravy train flowing, or else they are thick.

Which are you, dear reader?

The grifters always seem to get out of jail however.  Given the above nonsense, surely Humza and co will be hoping for a real wipe out for the party, as then they can carry on "in post", while saying "ach, we just fell short of the magic 29 seats....next time" and the pound shop bravehearts will be fooled again.

Also, has anyone received their voting card for this independence referendum on Thursday?  I haven't, should I be worried?

Top stuff.  The gullible will continue tho I fear.  Fuckin' mugs.😂

Yeah a pretty strange plan - be in a weaker bargaining position than they were before, but ask for the same thing they've already been told they aren't getting.

And that would still be with an, at best, 50/50 split of the public support for it. You'd think they'd want to concentrate on  making sure they have enough support this time before trying to have another referendum on it...