Snap General Election Announced Today

vanderark14

I work in PIP, the huge issue is the way its being dealt with now, not the way it was before.

Tax avoidance costs the country a lot more yet its investigation only has around 100 people working full time. Benefit fraud has 7 times that.

Its about priorities, Tory priorities are to hunt down and kill off both foxes and the poor while rewarding the rich with lower corp tax and lower income tax.

I know that point, and I agree.

But why do you think TEGoSSS (the elected govt of 3xS) will not go exactly the same?

Do people living on benefits really get themselves up the duff for an extra £13.30 a week? How the fuck does that even make sense? You can clothe and feed a kid for less than £13.30 a week and still have anything left over? I'm sure this counts for a tiny percentage of benefit claimants. But hey, let's let billion pound companies off with a nice big tax cut while "Shannon's" bairns go without food. Fantastic!

Do people living on benefits really get themselves up the duff for an extra £13.30 a week? How the fuck does that even make sense? You can clothe and feed a kid for less than £13.30 a week and still have anything left over? I'm sure this counts for a tiny percentage of benefit claimants. But hey, let's let billion pound companies off with a nice big tax cut while "Shannon's" bairns go without food. Fantastic!

The whole tax evasion culture is a bit of a mystery to me, almost seems to be acceptable. People say stuff like "who can blame them, you'd do it if you got the chance". When the likes of barlow and jimmy carr get caught they pretend they're sorry but in reality they are only sorry they got caught.

• Upvote 1

The whole tax evasion culture is a bit of a mystery to me, almost seems to be acceptable. People say stuff like "who can blame them, you'd do it if you got the chance". When the likes of barlow and jimmy carr get caught they pretend they're sorry but in reality they are only sorry they got caught.

It's made with loopholes so that the people making the rules can utilise them. Then they act all shocked when other people use them too.

I assume that's the reason or they'd just close the fucking loopholes surely?

It should be stopped anyway regardless of circumstance.

It's a matter of education and common sense. Don't have a (big) family unless you can support them.

A lot of the tax avoidance schemes are operated by taking a tax code that creates incentives to encourage investment in specific areas. This then gets abused by cunts.

The k2 scheme was just blatant cuntery.

Thing for me, is there is little downside to it for the barlows, carrs and logans of the world, little bit of embarrassment, a mea culpa with a business manager/accountabt getting blamed and the show goes on.

Quickly forgotten.

I know that point, and I agree.

But why do you think TEGoSSS (the elected govt of 3xS) will not go exactly the same?

There's a lot in the Labour manifesto I like this time round, its a real choice. If we had proportional representation I would've voted Labour but it would've been a complete waste of a vote in my neck of the woods.

I think the differences between Mays Torys and Corbyns Labour are glaringly obvious, no real need to spell it out.

Question on the rape clause (and don't just reply with an answer based on what party you support )

Will your employer know as well with a different tax code for people claiming for 3 kids

true or false as i have no idea

please note benefits can still be claimed if you are working

Question on the rape clause (and don't just reply with an answer based on what party you support )

Will your employer know as well with a different tax code for people claiming for 3 kids

Child benefit only affects your income tax if you are a high earner and still choose to claim it. Not sure exactly what the threshold is, think its about 65k a year before you pay income tax on it.

If you were earning that much and claiming it I doubt you get a tax code for claiming for one and a different for 2 and again for 3.

So short answer, no.

edit

just checked, its 50k

Although they're called child tax credits, they're not actually a tax deduction but a benefit that is paid out. So I don't think it would have any impact on the tax code.

Go on Corbo, lad.

Bad night for the SNP, if that exit poll is to be correct.

No matter how it went it was going to be a bad night for the SNP.

Queue another 3 years of 2 butch dykes claiming the SNP lost and it screwed their mandate against a fag and his hag claiming it is nothing of the sort.

The exit polls have been wrong before, hopefully they arent that wrong this time though. With a bit of luck a few of those others are Plaid Cymru and Green. A coalition of Labour, LD, SNP, PC and Green could take government.

The Conservatives can bank on the backing of the Democratic Unionists and Ulster Unionists and they held 10 seats before the election but have been taking a bit of a kicking because of Brexit and the shambles in the assembly.

Could be an affa interesting outcome.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1