Snap General Election Announced Today

vanderark14

I despair, I really do.

Any Scot who voted no and voted for the Tories is a cunt.

Scotland's history is littered with greedy scared cunts so it's hardly surprising we don't have balls to vote for independence and then vote for more punishment from Tory rule.

It would funny as fuck if Corbyn got in with coalition.

Some fairly mental results here. Why the fuck are folk in Torry voting Tory. Mental.

Torry is in the same constinuency as Rubislaw, Cults, Mannofield, Miltimber. That's why the tories won.

Kirsty Blackman my MP again. Yellow in a sea of hun blue.

McDougall 4 was right about Robertson and Salmond. I stand corrected said the man in the orthopaedic shoe.

But SNP still cleaned up in Scotland. The right wing media will not have you think that though cunts

If you voted Tory then shame on you. Judas cunt.

Ashamed of my constituency (Gordon) today. Fucking Tories??? Get to fuck.

^ These.

Fucking disgusting state of affairs in this country , it really is.

The count in fife went twice to lib dem and twice to snp apparently. They should have delayed things until they found people that could count properly. Pre 2015 Westminster election snp would normally snap ur hand off to win 35. Could have been a lot worse given they won by 2, 27 60 etc

Scotland's electoral map looks v different today and uk labour overall had a v good night endorsing Corbyn as leader but they must look at Scotland and think wtf

Glad caz Lucas won again

UKIP gone forever hopefully.

Home Secretary only sneaked in by a few hundred that would have been a great story had Rudd lost.

I voted Alex Salmond through gritted teeth, fat lot of good that did. Wish I'd just voted Labour, liked their manifesto more than others. Think Salmond may have it spot on that the more left leaning manifesto (along with Corbyn being open on a second independence referendum) saw their vote share eaten in to, along with a general diminishment in the 45% who voted en masse in 2015. I wonder if the EU stance also forced some SNP voters down the Tory line...

Hung parliament is not going to last though. Will be surprised if May lasts the day, and then we'll go again before long. Would be interesting if a progressive alliance could be formed, but looks like Tories plus DUP would be close to a majority (already a majority with Sinn Fein not sitting in parliament).

Disappointing about the Tories in Scotland, but overall, a good night in that they didn't get the large majority most thought was a foregone conclusion.

I don't get it. I had no idea who to vote for(SNP / Labour / Lib dem) but never in a million years could i vote tory.

Went SNP to do my bit to keep the Tories out of Aberdeen. Fat lot of use that was :clangers2:

Me too

voted labour this time instead of snp but knew it was a straight fight between those two. Had tories been in the race v either then would have backed ABT.

A lot of wealthy selfish people in the likes of Aberdeen and Stirling etc and that and brexiteers gotvthem home.

Borders no surprise they prob just wanted fox hunting back. Bunch of absolute cunts

Aye I see on their website they've got their wee violin harp out about being denied salary. Can't have it both ways, cuntos.

Exactly. Why vote for someone that won't actually make a difference and vote.

Obviously a catholic v product thing but I would like to think my mp would actually try and shape how the country is governed and what laws are passed.

On the flip side Must b dead easy to pop along along to constituency office and moan about wheelie bin collections or dog shit on pavements etc as they would have no excuse for not being there every day.

Scotland's history is littered with greedy scared cunts so it's hardly surprising we don't have balls to vote for independence and then vote for more punishment from Tory rule.

It would funny as fuck if Corbyn got in with coalition.

Voting for independence doesn't make you brave vda min.

The Tories have never punished me; I've worked hard all my life without ever getting any help from anyone.

The Tories, like labour, mean nothing to me. I don't support them and I don't resent them.

I suspect you've enjoyed the fruits of Tories govts too. And all the oil barons on here.

• Upvote 1

Can one of the politico's on here explain something for me...do the Ulster Unionists not just side with Tories and give them the majority they need to remain in government?

BBC News saying they could make some pretty tough demands, ranging from keeping the triple lock on pensions to Theresa "Wheat Field" May resigning.

Mays decision not to debate, the school meals, winter fuel allowance and dementia tax policys have all bit her on the arse.

Sturgeons call for a 2nd indy ref so soon has bit her on the arse and cost the SNP dear. She should have bided her time to see what brexit was looking like.

Returning labour voters and young voters actually turning out won labour loads of seats.

Crazy result. Will probably be doing it all again pretty soon though. May's position is untenable now surely.

Can one of the politico's on here explain something for me...do the Ulster Unionists not just side with Tories and give them the majority they need to remain in government?

Interesting one. Bear in mind one of the key points to be negotiated in Brexit is how Norn Ireland will continue to trade - hard borders and all that. Are you telling me Teresa gave a shit for them before, and would have sold them out in a heart beat. Not now she won't!