Aberdeen 1 - 3 Celtic

Just in.

Pathetic first 10-15 mins until Hayes scored. An absolute embarrassment.

After that we were the better team for the majority of the game, however I'm not sure if Celtic were ever really out of 2nd gear. Will be interesting to see if we can put them under that much pressure in the final if we can avoid throwing the game away as quick as we did today.

O'Conner was my MOTM, thought he had a great game.

Taylor and Reynolds were the main cause of our ridiculous opening 15 mins, but Stockleys performance tonight was up there with the worst I've seen at Pittodrie. He's got to go. Rooney should have been on long before the half time whistle

Just saw the highlights.

Taylor's marking for the first goal was fuckin abysmal. He is not good enough, we need to at least try and get someone better in.

Second goal was one of those jammy kinda ones, if Logan leaves it Lewis would have gathered it.

Third goal Lewis should do better.

We had some good chances, so did Celtic too after they went 3 up tbf, particularly Stockley's headed effort. A decent striker would have scored or at least hit the target there.

Noticed this season Logan has a tendency to back off players which allows them to cut inside and shoot/score. The defence will have to do much better if we are to have any chance of winning the cup.

Fucking phish against weegie teams, as usual. Fucking hell, hopeless. Decent effort in the second half, but were they trying? .If we'd got it to 3-2 thay'd have scored again. Shit last home game of the season. Can we win the cup? Doubt it. Hope so, but can't see it.

10 poor minutes against both cheeks at either end of the game and 3 goals conceded. Competing for the full 90 minutes would be nice.

Every week taylor is slammed almost universally. Surely can't play final. Every time McGinn plays against the tims he is posted as MIA. Surely can't play final. Stockley is an unskilled battering ram, not sure if he would be any use in final. In perhaps his last game...

Did they take the foot off the pedal after their third? Irrelevant, I suppose.

Well done to Mr Campbell. Living the dream i am sure most of us would have loved to have had. Nice one, son.

yes the dons played well for 80 minutes ,but being honest it means nothing, celtic could simply sit on their lead.. ticket sales considering the gulf between the 2 sides is remarkable IMO.

i had the result as 0-2 to celtic before hand not far off i suppose. the final will simply be embarrassing, celtic have a treble to go for ,they only need to slip into third gear and that should see a 4-0 celtic.

the dons needed at least a draw lastnight to have any hope but with the defence aberdeen have, the final is gone. hopefully mcinnes pulls in some good defenders to shore up what is a very average but a decent team spfl wise.

well done to the supporters that have bought tickets to date that refuse to give up on an obvious outcome. i so wish to be proven wrong

• Downvote 3

The way we play with Stockley up top is probably the only way we can lay a glove on Celtic in the final. From 12th minute to when Stockley went off we bossed it; I thought we lost ground when Rooney came on.

But Stockley simply can't be trusted to tuck away absolute sitters in big games. His ibrox chance and the chance to make it 3-2 yesterday should've been bankers for any striker and would've changed the complexion of each game had he nailed them.

Rooney's not exactly slight in stature but he's pretty useless as a pivot man unless it's played into feet and unfortunately we have limited chance playing this way against them.

I think Rooney v Stockley is McInnes' only selection dilemna for the final. If Jack's unfit we'll see O'Connor in there.

He should really be reviewing the back four though but I don't think he will. The Tims have the quality that exposes Considine's inabilities at left-back; Reynolds is all at sea against them; and Taylor's guaranteed to make at least one howler which they will certainly capitalise on. Even Shay is suspect against them. All this will be exposed further at Hampden (bigger pitch and we'll be shitting ourselves).

• Upvote 2

Ash Taylor is a fucking joke. Reynolds not far behind him. The pair of them can get to fuck in the summer. 3 games in a row at home with complete colapses. Something like 8 goals in 19 minutes of football. Fucking shambles whatever way you try and package up the performance after 3-0.

Taylor SHITE

McGinn SHITE

Stockley SHITE but the great chance/header he missed did come in slightly behind him & let's not forget he's basically in from little game time against the best defense in the league.

Lewis.... The ball moved a lot but he was brutal for their third.

Logan..... Stood off Sinclair waaaaay too much & almost gifted him a great goal but loved how he noises up them lot lol

Shinnie was fkn tremendous. A real captains role

McLean (other than his honking shot) was very good too.

Hayes was fkn good too, wish McGinn would try half as much especially v them lot. McGinns set pieces are the worst I have seen from a player that we all know is far better than that really. How the fuck can he be THAT bad at putting in a dead ball???? Seriously WTF?

PLEASE remove Taylors contract renewal offer NOW. Even if it's for peanuts. The guy is fkn SHITE. REALLY FKN SHITE.

Amazingly, Rooney was just as bad as Stockley.

For being as shite as he was, we looked poorer when Stockley came off. Maybe a coincidence cause Celtic made subs too.

In his short time on the field, Rooney layed off a great ball for one of our best chances to get back to 2-3. He done more in his time on park than Stockley did the whole game.

In his short time on the field, Rooney layed off a great ball for one of our best chances to get back to 2-3. He done more in his time on park than Stockley did the whole game.

My point wasn't to slag Rooney off, just saying neither striker did enough but I think that was down to Celtics subs too.

At least Rooney has a goal in him and gets in good positions. In regard of winning balls and general play they are both shite.

Our problem last night was our defending however. Absolutely embarrassing at times and the midfield saved the goons at the back a few times.

My point wasn't to slag Rooney off, just saying neither striker did enough but I think that was down to Celtics subs too.

At least Rooney has a goal in him and gets in good positions. In regard of winning balls and general play they are both shite.

Our problem last night was our defending however. Absolutely embarrassing at times and the midfield saved the goons at the back a few times.

We done enough in middle to beat Celtic. We didn't do near enough at back or up front.

Hate crediting Celtic but they are a fkn good side this season but we showed we have it in us to give them a game.

They are good at the back & great up front but their greatness in attack coupled with our shiteness at the back (Taylor mostly) is a far bigger gulf than our shiteness up front compared to their strength in defense, as last nights game/result highlighted IMO.

Stockley & Rooney are not the only ones to blame for our weakness up front, as other players wasted great chances.

Taylor was a very big part in our weakness at the back though, along with Reynolds yes (& Lewis for third) but Taylor needs booted oot the side ASAP

We done enough in middle to beat Celtic. We didn't do near enough at back or up front.

Hate crediting Celtic but they are a fkn good side this season but we showed we have it in us to give them a game.

They are good at the back & great up front but their greatness in attack coupled with our shiteness at the back (Taylor mostly) is a far bigger gulf than our shiteness up front compared to their strength in defense, as last nights game/result highlighted IMO.

Stockley & Rooney are not the only ones to blame for our weakness up front, as other players wasted great chances.

Taylor was a very big part in our weakness at the back though, along with Reynolds yes (& Lewis for third) but Taylor needs booted oot the side ASAP

Reynolds can go too. Both as bad as each other.

But as I said in transfer rumour thread. We are actually averaging better up front than we have in fkn years & even though we have a great keeper again we are as bad as we ever were in defence really & THAT is MOSTLY down to Taylor's shiteness.

Getting rid of Taylor HAS to be our first priority this summer PLEASE. I want rid of him almost as much as I ever wanted rid of Clangers.

We really need to try and cobble together some sort of defence for the final that can keep us in the game and allow our sttacking players to flourish. If we can get Jack back we may have to go with a back 3 of O'Connor/Reynolds/Considine with Logan and Shinnie as wing backs. McLean and Jack in midfield and a front three of McGinn, Hayes and Rooney/Stockley.

McInnes must surely see what anyone with half a football brain does - Taylor is absolutely useless against any opposition with an ounce of footballing intelligence. He has no positional sense/awareness and it was obvious that Celtic see him as a weak link even at set pieces.

• Upvote 1

But as I said in transfer rumour thread. We are actually averaging better up front than we have in fkn years & even though we have a great keeper again we are as bad as we ever were in defence really & THAT is MOSTLY down to Taylor's shiteness.

Getting rid of Taylor HAS to be our first priority this summer PLEASE. I want rid of him almost as much as I ever wanted rid of Clangers.

I'll be distraught if taylor signs a new deal. We'll never progress from where we are with that useless donkey at the back. A horrific excuse for a defender.

Too many people lapping up Logan's "fight". He done alright, no complaints but he was no way a stand out in standing up to the Tims.

Can you blame the crowd?

1-3 at home and Logan does something like he did. It gets the place going.

Too often our players retreat into their shells when we play the arse cheeks. Great to see a bit of petulance and attitude towards them.

Shockley was shit.

I was with a bird who was a physio at Accies and even she was stunned at how bad he was

You're not wrong min.

I christened him Shockley after the second time i saw him and he does nothing, absolutely nothing to change my opinion of him.

I can see why McInnes maybe selected him, but his movement is diabolical and the 'good in the air' comment is way off mark. It's a myth that he's good in the air.

He's no better than Tommy Wright or Calvin 'big cock' Zola.

Just in.

Pathetic first 10-15 mins until Hayes scored. An absolute embarrassment.

After that we were the better team for the majority of the game, however I'm not sure if Celtic were ever really out of 2nd gear. Will be interesting to see if we can put them under that much pressure in the final if we can avoid throwing the game away as quick as we did today.

O'Conner was my MOTM, thought he had a great game.

Taylor and Reynolds were the main cause of our ridiculous opening 15 mins, but Stockleys performance tonight was up there with the worst I've seen at Pittodrie. He's got to go. Rooney should have been on long before the half time whistle

Totally agree.

I stated after the game that i left the ground with a bit of hope for the final, but upon reflection and discussion i think that Celtic played like a team that had a two goal cushion. Done enough to see the game out.

But, if we approach the game like we did from the when we scored our goal you just never know...