Aberdeen 1 - 3 Celtic

Can you blame the crowd?

1-3 at home and Logan does something like he did. It gets the place going.

Too often our players retreat into their shells when we play the arse cheeks. Great to see a bit of petulance and attitude towards them.

Hayes showed more battle than Logan. I actually thought after he got involved with the Celtic fans he got worse. Lost the ball and then got mocked by their fans....what's the point? Fair enough standing up to Griffiths and co. but he gets extremely distracted by their fans.

The way Hayes gets fired into them and his effort from the start is nothing short of remarkable. My favourite Dons player I can remember.

• Downvote 2

I thought once Stockley came off we were shite. By all means his touches, etc. Weren't great... I thought he occupied their 2 centre halves and gave space for the likes of mclean Hayes etc. To get into... this being more than what rooney do. Id start him in the final - or surprise us all and give storey a chance

I thought once Stockley came off we were shite. By all means his touches, etc. Weren't great... I thought he occupied their 2 centre halves and gave space for the likes of mclean Hayes etc. To get into... this being more than what rooney do. Id start him in the final - or surprise us all and give storey a chance

More chance of hitting the sun with a snowball than Storey starting in the final.

That team that played last night will be the same for the Final apart from Rooney replacing Stockley from the start.

A real pity that we do not have a striker with a Rooney/Stockley combination.

I don't think Derek will try to hard to resign Taylor.

The game on Wednesday should be interesting.

On his way from the dressing room to the ring to fight Mike Tyson, Frank Bruno passed one of the stadium security attendants who later said that he had never seen such fear on a fighter's face. Bruno was beaten long before he stepped into the ring. He was psychologically shot.

And the trouble with fear is that there is no cure.

I'll be distraught if taylor signs a new deal. We'll never progress from where we are with that useless donkey at the back. A horrific excuse for a defender.

There's the crux. " Where we are" is currently second* in all competitions. Taylor has helped get us there. We do have the Hun set firmly in our rear view mirror next year and we would like to enter Q4 of the UEFA with a good vibe about the group stages, not a holy shit its West Ham attitude. Remember Ipswich for those of us of that generation! So there is room to progress without instantly becoming treble winners ourselves since the CL fuelled Tims ain't going anywhere until they themselves get bored with it, which will happen eventually hence them clutching the invincible thing this year with the TIAR comfort blanket still to be fully rolled out.

We have a limited Defence in three of the four positions. But don't knock or downplay the 2nd place they've got us thus far either. But yes, I agree it's glass ceiling time for Ashton and one or two others.

* potentially not in ALL competitions obv.

On his way from the dressing room to the ring to fight Mike Tyson, Frank Bruno passed one of the stadium security attendants who later said that he had never seen such fear on a fighter's face. Bruno was beaten long before he stepped into the ring. He was psychologically shot.

And the trouble with fear is that there is no cure.

I've said this before. It's my lasting memory of the 84 cup final. Seeing exactly that look in the tims eyes from the bus heading to the ground.

There's the crux. " Where we are" is currently second* in all competitions. Taylor has helped get us there. We do have the Hun set firmly in our rear view mirror next year and we would like to enter Q4 of the UEFA with a good vibe about the group stages, not a holy shit its West Ham attitude. Remember Ipswich for those of us of that generation! So there is room to progress without instantly becoming treble winners ourselves since the CL fuelled Tims ain't going anywhere until they themselves get bored with it, which will happen eventually hence them clutching the invincible thing this year with the TIAR comfort blanket still to be fully rolled out.

We have a limited Defence in three of the four positions. But don't knock or downplay the 2nd place they've got us thus far either. But yes, I agree it's glass ceiling time for Ashton and one or two others.

* potentially not in ALL competitions obv.

Doing either of Considine, or Logan a serious discredit at fb imo as both of them are better at fb than most in the league.

Taylor has fk helped get us there btw. We've gotten there in spite of that USELESS excuse for a footballer. A couple of over credited performances against lesser sides that haven't REALLY troubled us much is blinkering you (& some others) into thinking HE is ANY kind of average let alone decent defender. Especially v a top six standard team. Any player that can play a little bit of football & read a game will ALWAYS make a complete cunt of Taylor.

Lewis is the main reason for getting us second (in defensive areas) as he's a VERY good keeper & his claiming of high balls especially has been a fkn God send. Imagine the amount of goals we'd have conceded had we still had Clangers coming for high balls & taking pass backs :suicide:

Derek McInnes:

"I think we've been gradually getting closer to them in terms of getting a result,"

"There are acceptable ways of losing and tonight was one of them, because we did recover and the players deserve credit for that.

"But we do need to learn from the start - it might be the difference between getting a winners' medal in our pocket or not.

"I feel that game will make us more confident going into the final, even though we've lost.

"It needed to be a performance where they knew we were there, they felt us, they knew we were making contact, they knew we weren't going to get pushed aside and we took them on."

Agree with all that.

That game will give the players believe for the Final.

Pity our defence are not as good as our attack.

I think Celtic target Considine at left back as a glaring weakness, every time. And it clearly works.

I'd consider not playing him at left back in the cup final.

Agree with that to a point, it looks obvious that they try and get into as many one v one positions against him.

He has to play and will play at LB in the final, simply due to the fact we cannot take Shinnie out of the middle.

We got to hope that considine puts in a top performance on the day and controls the obvious threat that Roberts poses.

Left back wouldn't be my biggest worry, it's the double act at centre half and how they perform that will prove decisive.

BTW The applause on the 49th minute was the most apathetic I've ever heard to date, wish that nonsense was put to bed. Myself and mobby worked with Steve for years and as much a good guy as he was/is he would have been mortified with that crap.

Anyway, no body, no confirmed death, you just never know.

Had no idea what the applause was for. So it was for someone that is missing?

That's fucked up.

Getting rid of Taylor HAS to be our first priority this summer PLEASE. I want rid of him almost as much as I ever wanted rid of Clangers.

Holy fuckk. You DO want rid of him quite badly eh? :omg:

There's the crux. " Where we are" is currently second* in all competitions. Taylor has helped get us there.

Only thing he's helped is in chipping huge chunks off our points tally.

We're in second despite of him.

Pretty worrying we have had a 10 minute spell of shite against Huns, Saints and now Tims.

Some kamikaze shit in those matches. All at home too, even more curious.

Many culpable across all those goals.

Off the top of my head, all poor defending, and avoidable.

Taylor takes centre stage though in being the most culpable.

Some combination, complete carthorse with the concentration levels of a gnat's arsehole.

As I said at the start of this thread, the way to beat Celtic is the long ball game.

Keep them busy at the back and they can not hurt you.

Man to man marking is the best options for us although very dangerous tactic against their quick attack.

It worked for around 70 minutes last night but they started to late after losing the 3 goals.

Pump long balls straight from the whistle at Hampden and see where it takes us.

McInnes doesn't have many alternatives to playing Considine at left back. His only real alternative is to play Shinnie at left back and assuming Jack recovers from his injury play a middle 3 of O'Connor, Jack and McLean.

I seriously doubt he'll take Shinnie out of the midfield though. The lack of options McInnes has shows how thin the squad is it really needs properly addressing this summer instead of being paid lip service like Milne's bullshit "tooling up" comments last summer.