Aberdeen 1 - 3 Celtic

Whats the point in turning up when the gruesome twosome get all the decisions?

That is the 4th or 5th time that Gordon has wiped out a striker and not been penalised.

If we had scored a 2nd, you never know how the game could have panned out.

The refs are corrupt/inept/cowards. Whatever combination, it doesn't reflect well on them and Scottish football.

The worst thing is that the plastics think that they are persecuted.

They are part of the establishment.

I think Celtic target Considine at left back as a glaring weakness, every time. And it clearly works.

I'd consider not playing him at left back in the cup final.

He's always been a target for Celtic in all the years he's been in the first team at either left back or centre back..

His lumbering running style is a match made in heaven for Celtics pacey wingers and centre forwards.

Whats the point in turning up when the gruesome twosome get all the decisions?

That is the 4th or 5th time that Gordon has wiped out a striker and not been penalised.

It would have been a very weak pen IMO

I wouldn't have given it .

Shinnie ran into Gordon, more than anything else .

• Downvote 1

Would like to see us try something different against them

to make them think ahead of the final. Long ball could be one suggestion. Jack & Christie out.

Lewis

Logan Taylor Reynolds Considine

O'Connor

McLean Shinnie Hayes

Stockley Rooney

subs: Alexander, Pawlett, McGinn, Storey, Wright, Ross, Mbayo

prediction: 2-2

crowd: 16,900

So I think the long ball troubled them to an extent but Stockley is shit. If everyone is fit in the final any chance we can afford to play McLean as the target man?

• Downvote 1

How can that be in a 50/50 ball that BOTH players are advancing on?

Fact is that Shinnie gets ball (regardless of where the ball goes after) & Gordon doesn't touch it but obstructs the player from continuing.

It wasn't deliberate but it was a foul.

Admittedly Gordon has gotten off with a hell of a lot worse this season (& last) but he escaped being penalised yet again all the same

Not buying that, any where else on the pitch it's a foul, any other team in the league it's a pen.

Ref bottled it because he probably didn't want to phone the glaziers today.

How can that be in a 50/50 ball that BOTH players are advancing on?

Fact is that Shinnie gets ball (regardless of where the ball goes after) & Gordon doesn't touch it but obstructs the player from continuing.

It wasn't deliberate but it was a foul.

Admittedly Gordon has gotten off with a hell of a lot worse this season (& last) but he escaped being penalised yet again all the same

I watched it from a few angles on the TV last night.

Shinnie wasn't getting the ball , he then made an effort to clash with Gordon

It looked contrived to me.

Will have to watch it a few more times to change opinion , if it's posted somewhere.

I watched it from a few angles on the TV last night.

Shinnie wasn't getting the ball , he then made an effort to clash with Gordon

It looked contrived to me.

Will have to watch it a few more times to change opinion , if it's posted somewhere.

Eh?

He wasn't getting the ball........ how can that be when he actually DOES get the ball?

Don't get me wrong I'd have been pissed off if they'd gotten a penalty at the other end for it (which they most likely would have) but it was a penalty IMO albeit very soft but keeper makes contact/stops player by means of obstruction without touching the ball & Shinnie gets ball but cannot get passed the keeper (regardless of whether he'd have caught up with ball again) to continue after the ball.

Similar to last week in the Caley game. Keeper takes player & not ball & it was a clear penalty that wasn't given.

Considine unfortunately looked like a complete donkey last night.

They will be relishing more space to run at him from at Hampden.

I think we need to seriously consider a full back with more pace and mobility or exactly the same capitulation will happen again.

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc

Reynolds was a total embarrassment at the second goal.

Agree with Titch though, Considine is way out of his depth against them (fine against the dross tbf).

At least Logan can sort his feet out when an attacker is running at him at pace.

Considine was flapping all over the place. Celtic have done him time and time again.

They don't target Logan in the same way, for obvious reasons.

Nae sure. He backed off Sinclair and let him get a shot on goal from close range in the second half which was embarrsssing. To be fair to him, it was right after he was fucking about with the Celtic fans which made him lose his head.

Aye and Logan has been steady in big games for us.

I have lost count of the Considine horror shows in this fixture.

FFS we once got up at 3am to travel to Glasgow for a semi, Celtic targeted Considine, he got red carded, and we got thumped.

Here we are 5 or 6 years later and it's still happening. Quite clearly spoken about as a weak link in the Celtic dressing room.

Thought O Connor had a good game , could we leave him there in the middle if Jack is fit for the final and put Shinnie back to left back. Considine to replace Taylor

Only problem with Considine replacing Taylor is that we would be playing with two left footed centre backs. Plus anytime Considine has played at centre half against Celtic he has been every bit as bad as Taylor. Would be interesting to see him paired with O'Connor though. If Jack and Pawlett both recover in time we could possibly line up as follows:-

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Considine Shinnie

Jack McLean

McGinn Pawlett Hayes

Rooney

But realistically if he is fit Taylor will play in the final. Unfortunately.

Only problem with Considine replacing Taylor is that we would be playing with two left footed centre backs. Plus anytime Considine has played at centre half against Celtic he has been every bit as bad as Taylor. Would be interesting to see him paired with O'Connor though. If Jack and Pawlett both recover in time we could possibly line up as follows:-

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Considine Shinnie

Jack McLean

McGinn Pawlett Hayes

Rooney

But realistically if he is fit Taylor will play in the final. Unfortunately.

If someone see's fine walking around Aberdeen between now and the cup final they could always kick him square in the shins and run off

On his way from the dressing room to the ring to fight Mike Tyson, Frank Bruno passed one of the stadium security attendants who later said that he had never seen such fear on a fighter's face. Bruno was beaten long before he stepped into the ring. He was psychologically shot.

And the trouble with fear is that there is no cure.

The same goes for AFC, you could see the body language in the tunnel prior to the league cup final. The Tims were ready and knew they could win. Our team were scared with heads down, I remember the same at the semi finals where the Tims battered us, can't remember the exact years but they were recent semi finals.