BHL you can try & twist it all you like but my point stands.

The fans play a big role in what the club are willing to accept in terms of finances for one of their players. That is one of the reasons behind so many undisclosed fees.

Other clubs such as Hibs, Hearts, Utds FANS are a lot better at bigging up their players & their values. The Arse cheeks also have the benefit of having the media on their side to do their bidding. Just like players like Sterling in England got a massively over inflated fee because the English media hyped him up so much & his actual stats were pish compared to a few other lesser valued players in his position at the time.

It's all about advertising & popularity & that is a big contributing factor in players values

You are talking absolute shite, its getting embarrassing now.

How much would Jonny Hayes have gone for without people on this message board bigging him up?

Youre also taking about Raheem Sterling and how the media inflated his transfer fee, not the fans. Youre trying yourself in knots with this garbage.

• Downvote 1

Shit players don't tend to be popular with the fans though do they? The good players are popular, and they sell for whatever someone is willing to pay. Because they're good, not because they're popular.

obviously but you also get cult heros that aren't really that good but for some reason the fans take to.

I didn't say that fans view was the ONLY deciding factor in a players value. The players ability comes first. Then their agent/the league they play in. The team they are at etc. There are all sorts of things that affect a players value but as far as how a club values their player & what they are willing to accept for them. The fans opinion is ALSO considered & the consequences of selling them cheap for example. therefore the fans contribute to a clubs valuations of their players & sometimes whether they sell them in first place.

How much would Jonny Hayes have gone for without people on this message board bigging him up?

Youre also taking about Raheem Sterling and how the media inflated his transfer fee, not the fans. Youre trying yourself in knots with this garbage.

the media was another example of what affects a players value.

The media is just a voice that is heard by more in some cases.

The media are selling to the fans

BHL you can try & twist it all you like but my point stands.

The fans play a big role in what the club are willing to accept in terms of finances for one of their players. That is one of the reasons behind so many undisclosed fees.

Other clubs such as Hibs, Hearts, Utds FANS are a lot better at bigging up their players & their values. The Arse cheeks also have the benefit of having the media on their side to do their bidding. Just like players like Sterling in England got a massively over inflated fee because the English media hyped him up so much & his actual stats were pish compared to a few other lesser valued players in his position at the time.

It's all about advertising & popularity & that is a big contributing factor in players values

But the media are not the fans so again irrelevant to the discussion.

So, how much for Jonny Hayes without this message board?

all examples are fkn relevant as they are ALL contributing factors in their own ways. If I had said that fans were the ONLY deciding factor then your point would make sense.

Hayes ( since you are desperate to twist it & make examples individually) would likely have been sold for less had he not been voted player of the year by fans for good example.

all examples are fkn relevant as they are ALL contributing factors in their own ways. If I had said that fans were the ONLY deciding factor then your point would make sense.

Hayes ( since you are desperate to twist it & make examples individually) would likely have been sold for less had he not been voted player of the year by fans for good example.

How much should hayes have gone for then, what was his actual value minus his player of the year award?

Why did we pay so little for Kenny McLean when he was their best young player in god knows how long, the fans worshipped him.

Because maybe st mirren were desperate for cash. Knew he wanted away & the club didn't respect their fans opinions. Could have been any number of reasons.

Like I said you can twist it all you like but fans opinions matter.

More so for us now that the club is actually treating the fans with a little more respect since McInnes came in

To deny the fans opinions/wishes is bad business.

That is the fact of the matter.

Deny it if you like but that is all that needs said really

You claimed fans directly affect a players transfer fee then when questioned on it youve gone off on a tangent. Trying to paint me as thick because you know youve dug yourself into a really horrible deep hole now.

How much for Hayes then?

Ok then to put it really simple terms for a simple person.

Forget playing abilities for just a second & think through this, is Stevie May more or less valuable to Aberdeen Fc because of his name?

Fan pressure to change his number to 83 would suggest that his name & the fans opinions of said name adds value to him for OUR club.

Fans opinions are considered & as such affect decisions & valuations of what a player is worth to their club.

Basic business is to consider ALL opinions & options

Lol good journalism.

Taken in the context of the actual reply I was just say the club names rather than saying their fans. But you knew that

You're the one that had the brain fart.

I don't think anyone but you knows what the fuck you are on about.

Just to recap, you said "Aberdeen have decreased the value of Joe Lewis on this very thread".

Put down the crack pipe and go to bed.

You're the one that had the brain fart.

I don't think anyone but you knows what the fuck you are on about.

Read it in context & you will see I was referring to the fans not the club in general.

My points are valid, whether I put them across in a shit way or not the basic point is correct & valid.

Fans opinions are considered when it comes to whether a club sells their player & how much is acceptable to appease the fans if they do sell.