My point regarding Aberdeen is that we seem to decrease the values of our players.

Hibs, Hearts, Utd, are all good examples of fan power increasing player valuations & preventing their clubs selling on cheap.

As I said, do you think McCoist got the sevco job because of his managerial skills?

What players have the fans decreased the value of at Aberdeen?

What players at Hearts have the fans increased the sale value of?

Be specific please

Be specific please

Aberdeen have decreased the value of Joe Lewis on this very thread.

Hearts increased Craig Gordon & more recently Templeton. Certainly Sow. Many others. Velicka.

Hibs, Whittaker, Brown, Riordan, O'Connor.

Utd, Gauld, Goodwillie

Hearts increased Craig Gordon & more recently Templeton. Certainly Sow. Many others. Velicka.

Utd, Gauld, Goodwillie

Explain how this thread has decreased the value of Joe Lewis. And how hearts fans increased the value of said players.

You keep saying the same thing over and over but you cant back up what you are saying with any evidence or facts.

Explain how this thread has decreased the value of Joe Lewis. And how hearts fans increased the value of said players.

You keep saying the same thing over and over but you cant back up what you are saying with any evidence or facts.

Explain how some haven't?

Explain how fans do not affect player popularity/value

If they played in empty stadiums they'd be worth fk all

Explain how some haven't?

Explain how fans do not affect player popularity/value

If they played in empty stadiums they'd be worth fk all

Youre the one making these claims so the burden of proof is on you, not me. You still cant explain it, can you?

Also, club attendances are not what we are talking about here. You said this thread has decreased joe lewiss value, not how many bums on seats we have.

The reason we never got decent fees for our players in the past was because a lot of them weren't good enough. The ones that were didn't go for a decent fee because the club were too scared/skint to back their young talent with longer contracts. At one point we had most of our squad on one year deals and the rest on 2 year deals.

Those days are thankfully over. Young players with talent like Wright and McKenna are now being backed with 4 year deals meaning that if anyone comes in for them they'll have to pay more. Provided the board don't cave in for less than they're worth if course.

The reason we never got decent fees for our players in the past was because a lot of them weren't good enough. The ones that were didn't go for a decent fee because the club were too scared/skint to back their young talent with longer contracts. At one point we had most of our squad on one year deals and the rest on 2 year deals.

Those days are thankfully over. Young players with talent like Wright and McKenna are now being backed with 4 year deals meaning that if anyone comes in for them they'll have to pay more. Provided the board don't cave in for less than they're worth if course.

The fans decide how much players are worth m8

The more popular a player is with fans. The more he's worth to the club. The more reluctant the club is to sell him, the more the club is inclined to hold out for maximum money. As they know that if they don't sell player on cheap then they will still have fans on side & coming to see said player. It is pretty fkn basic business as far as football goes.

Fans play a VERY large part in the importance & therefore value of players

The more popular a player is with fans. The more he's worth to the club. The more reluctant the club is to sell him, the more the club is inclined to hold out for maximum money. As they know that if they don't sell player on cheap then they will still have fans on side & coming to see said player. It is pretty fkn basic business as far as football goes.

Fans play a VERY large part in the importance & therefore value of players

Clubs get around that these days by making fees undisclosed.

Youre the one making these claims so the burden of proof is on you, not me. You still cant explain it, can you?

Also, club attendances are not what we are talking about here. You said this thread has decreased joe lewiss value, not how many bums on seats we have.

I didn't say this thread has decreased his value. I said SOME in this thread have.

Big fk difference but if enough jump on the band wagon then the club then sees him as not as valuable also fit reasons above

I didn't say this thread has decreased his value. I said SOME in this thread have.

Big fk difference but if enough jump on the band wagon then the club then sees him as not as valuable also fit reasons above

So how have people on this thread negatively affected the transfer fee for Joe Lewis?

You are absolutely away with it BTW. Honestly never heard so much pish.

So how have people on this thread negatively affected the transfer fee for Joe Lewis?

You are absolutely away with it BTW. Honestly never heard so much pish.

If enough talk down a players value, then majority will rule. Just like with most things.

You cannot prove otherwise just like I cannot prove my point as fact. Like in most bebates.

Common sense says that fans have a big part to play in popularity of players. Cult heros aren't always great players.

Be specific please

Utd, Gauld, Goodwillie

What you actually farted out was "Aberdeen have decreased the value of Joe Lewis on this very thread".

It's a bizarre statement and no fucking mistake.

Lol good journalism.

Taken in the context of the actual reply I was just say the club names rather than saying their fans. But you knew that

If enough talk down a players value, then majority will rule. Just like with most things.

You cannot prove otherwise just like I cannot prove my point as fact. Like in most bebates.

Common sense says that fans have a big part to play in popularity of players. Cult heros aren't always great players.

Nobody is disputing that fans have a big part to play in popularity of players, were not discussing that. You are claiming that fans affect the transfer fee paid for players, which is pish. Do you think the villa board are reading this now and saying some of the fans only think theyll get a million, lets offer that?

:laughing:

Nobody is disputing that fans have a big part to play in popularity of players, were not discussing that. You are claiming that fans affect the transfer fee paid for players, which is pish. Do you think the villa board are reading this now and saying some of the fans only think theyll get a million, lets offer that?

:laughing:

the fans CAN affect the value of the player to THEIR club & as such what THEIR club believe they deem acceptable in terms of what they are willing to accept.

I didn't say our fans would directly dictate what Villa would then offer.

Our club will take fans views into consideration when it comes to what they think is acceptable for a player. Otherwise the club would lose fans. More so now under McInnes as he has taught the club a bit more respect toward the fans compared to previous managers

the fans CAN affect the value of the player to THEIR club & as such what THEIR club believe they deem acceptable in terms of what they are willing to accept.

I didn't say our fans would directly dictate what Villa would then offer.

Our club will take fans views into consideration when it comes to what they think is acceptable for a player. Otherwise the club would lose fans. More so now under McInnes as he has taught the club a bit more respect toward the fans compared to previous managers

Wrong. The club will accept an offer thats financially acceptable based on the players ability and market value. Not whatever some drunken fool on a message board thinks they are worth.

Not going on the Real Madrid forum tonight? Could get us a bargain.

Wrong. The club will accept an offer thats financially acceptable based on the players ability and market value. Not whatever some drunken fool on a message board thinks they are worth.

Not going on the Real Madrid forum tonight? Could get us a bargain.

Bollocks.

ALL things are considered. It would be very bad business not to.

Aberdeen as a club had ignored the fans opinions for years & as such, suffered a lot.

Belittling the point down to just ONE drunken fool just highlights your ignorance to the bigger picture

BHL you can try & twist it all you like but my point stands.

The fans play a big role in what the club are willing to accept in terms of finances for one of their players. That is one of the reasons behind so many undisclosed fees.

Other clubs such as Hibs, Hearts, Utds FANS are a lot better at bigging up their players & their values. The Arse cheeks also have the benefit of having the media on their side to do their bidding. Just like players like Sterling in England got a massively over inflated fee because the English media hyped him up so much & his actual stats were pish compared to a few other lesser valued players in his position at the time.

It's all about advertising & popularity & that is a big contributing factor in players values

BHL you can try & twist it all you like but my point stands.

The fans play a big role in what the club are willing to accept in terms of finances for one of their players. That is one of the reasons behind so many undisclosed fees.

Other clubs such as Hibs, Hearts, Utds FANS are a lot better at bigging up their players & their values. The Arse cheeks also have the benefit of having the media on their side to do their bidding. Just like players like Sterling in England got a massively over inflated fee because the English media hyped him up so much & his actual stats were pish compared to a few other lesser valued players in his position at the time.

It's all about advertising & popularity & that is a big contributing factor in players values

Shit players don't tend to be popular with the fans though do they? The good players are popular, and they sell for whatever someone is willing to pay. Because they're good, not because they're popular.