Thats a good point fnd - you fucked us over well and truly. Cunt.

It's true though. The likes of Hibs & Hearts & Utd fans etc (rightly or wrongly) always big up their players.

We have a load of fans that are glass half MT & say Hayes is past it, £400k max. Big Joe, pffft he's 30 & plays in Scotland. Must be pish. Take half a mil & run

It's true though. The likes of Hibs & Hearts & Utd fans etc (rightly or wrongly) always big up their players.

We have a load of fans that are glass half MT & say Hayes is past it, £400k max. Big Joe, pffft he's 30 & plays in Scotland. Must be pish. Take half a mil & run

Very true like. Hibs are on about 5 million for John fucking McGinn who is quite frankly no better than Kenny McLean.

• Upvote 1

Hayes situation was a completely different kettle of worms to what we will have to deal with with Joe.

Hayes was the subject of multiple bids when he could either leave in the window for a shite fee, or sign a pre-contract with Celtic at that time. We all assumed he'd be gone at Christmas, or for nothing in the summer. He surprised us all by signing a new 3 year deal. I get the impression he did that with a caveat to the club he'd get his big end of career move and the life changing money that goes with it, and we'd get a decent wedge of Celtic.

He also did this with quiet respect for us. He re-signed saying 'you know what, money isn't everything and I like it here'. Kudos to the guy I reckon.

Joe also likes it here, and he is not agitating for a move, so if one of the clubs down south come in then we should make them pay full whack according to THEIR market. Teams in the Championship have to pay 12 million for average because thats what they cost in their market, not what they're worth (Aluko!!!). As with most things the guffs know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

Of course, this is all probably just shit stirring from the weeg press before an OF game...

Hayes couldnt sign a pre contract with anyone at that time, as he had well over 6 months to go on his contract

Edit to add - his contract, before he signed the extension, was up in 2018

Majority rules. They do very much have a big effect on the fees.

Idiocy to think otherwise. Just like saying media doesn't affect player valuations, or agents don't affect them.

What a fkn naive view

:laughing:

Im sure the Aston Villa board are reading this right now, working out how much to bid based on a bunch of clueless halfwits saying a player is worth 4 million.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Relax guys, that bastion of journalsm the Birmingham Mail have just published another article on the Aston Villa goalkeeping situation and there is no mention of Joe Lewis :

The goalkeeping department at Villa Park currently is one that needs addressing. Mark Bunn is into the final year of his contract, while Sam Johnstone is set to return to Old Trafford next summer.

Steve Bruce has, however, made it clear he’d be interested in keeping Johnstone, who has impressed during his two loan spells with the claret and blues.

Storm in a teacup as usual.

:laughing:

Im sure the Aston Villa board are reading this right now, working out how much to bid based on a bunch of clueless halfwits saying a player is worth 4 million.

I didn't say fans SET the fees but fans can have a very large effect on the valuations of players.

Agents do also, as do media. Nobody really believes players are worth the over inflated prices of nowadays but it's basically just a big circus & hype sells

Fans do not have a very large effect. Utter garbage.

Of course they fkn do.

If a player is popular with the fans. Even an average player compared to others in the team. It can have a large impact on said players value to clubs. Whether they get a new deal etc. or if the club will accept a small fee or hold out for bigger one. Fans play just as big a part as agents in some cases & in fact they give the agents more for their negotiating.

McCoist got the sevco job because of his great managerial skills aye ha ha ha

Of course they fkn do.

If a player is popular with the fans. Even an average player compared to others in the team. It can have a large impact on said players value to clubs. Whether they get a new deal etc. or if the club will accept a small fee or hold out for bigger one. Fans play just as big a part as agents in some cases & in fact they give the agents more for their negotiating

Give me examples of this happening at Aberdeen please.

Give me examples of this happening at Aberdeen please.

My point regarding Aberdeen is that we seem to decrease the values of our players.

Hibs, Hearts, Utd, are all good examples of fan power increasing player valuations & preventing their clubs selling on cheap.

As I said, do you think McCoist got the sevco job because of his managerial skills?