Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

Just now getting over what I witnessed today. Bed sheets absolutely soaking in pish tonight, though I will say a performance like today has been coming.

Our new signings in GMS and Stewart look weak at best. Maynard....nothing more than a jersey filler. Ball and Tansey can't surely be any worse...

King Kenny has went from an occasional bad passer and awful shooter to just all round mince. He truly is getting worse and worse each week. It's painful to watch.

Buy me some rubber bed sheets and wake me up on Thursday.

I've been using this board/forum on and off for 5 years and that is your best post by a mile; funny and informative.

Very poor performance, although we have been poor all season. May is the only signing who looks good the rest look way off the pace.

Fixture wise it's been a very easy start and I feel on current form we will really struggle when we play Celtic, Hibs and dare I say it Sevco. Something needs to change quick as this going through the motions pish is not good enough.

All those saying Wright was shite need to give him a break. Most of the team was shite but I think McInnes fkd Wright over by playing him on the right mostly. He isn't suited for the right. Far better suited on left & coming inside from the left. Much in the same way that Hayes was wasted & mostly shite playing on the right.

Decent attacking right mid is the only position McInnes has ignored & he's trying to fit square pegs in there now & whoever plays there is always going to get bitched about. Logan would really benefit from a decent right midfielder to ping the ball about with because he loves to make the wee quick pass & move

• Upvote 1

If you can't win against Killie at home, managed by the biggest prick in fitba, then it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. Kilmarnock are absolutely gash, they will finish 10th or lower. They have a scumbag at the helm who fluked a career in the game. If he can put a team out that gets a result at Pittodrie, then any cunt can. Makes popcorn teeth look like Fergie.

Very poor performance, although we have been poor all season. May is the only signing who looks good the rest look way off the pace.

Fixture wise it's been a very easy start and I feel on current form we will really struggle when we play Celtic, Hibs and dare I say it Sevco. Something needs to change quick as this going through the motions pish is not good enough.

We'll struggle (as always) against St's too.

McInnes has had an easy fixture list to get the team sorted/settled leading up to what will be a tough last four fixtures of the first round but he's probably no further on than he would be if we were playing the last four of the round in the first four fixtures.

May took his goal superbly yesterday & made a fkn great run back & tackle to prevent them scoring. May was the only player to really make a decent impact yesterday.

All those saying Wright was shite need to give him a break. Most of the team was shite but I think McInnes fkd Wright over by playing him on the right mostly. He isn't suited for the right. Far better suited on left & coming inside from the left. Much in the same way that Hayes was wasted & mostly shite playing on the right.

Decent attacking right mid is the only position McInnes has ignored & he's trying to fit square pegs in there now & whoever plays there is always going to get bitched about. Logan would really benefit from a decent right midfielder to ping the ball about with because he loves to make the wee quick pass & move

Wright was on the left till Stewart went off and was poor if any opposition player got near him he was down he was just not physically strong enough.Logan was poor defensively yesterday again,was against there best player who I touted as a possible replacement for Hayes before we signed GMS
  • Upvote 1

Was that the 11? Looked decent apart from the pink boots. To be fair to Logan for some reason he was showing them inside where everyone then ran away from him. Unfortunately the boy sussed this after 20 mins whereas we still didn't seem to see it after 80.

We seemed to start with Shinnie in DM and Kenny more advanced. For some reason they seemed to swop and it all went to rat shit. Stewart had a shocker and Maynard had a Maynard. Won't lie I was thinking of Ball for either Shinnie or Maclean after about 48 minutes.

Agree re Wright on the right. Boy needs to take on his man and cross. If it works, great. If it doesn't he'll at least keep the crowd longer than he did yesterday. GMS did more in his short time on.

First 20 minutes or so we strolled it. After they got an injury and went 4 at the back instead of 5 we were shite. Lost midfield and everything was ponderous going forward.

GMS has done nothing to change my opinion of him since he arrived. Ineffective and weak.

Greg Stewart so far a big disappointment, was expecting much more from him, goals in particular. Never ever looks threatening. Also looks unfit.

There is a massive gulf in class between those two and Hayes and McGinn.

Mcinnes tinkering constantly is also a problem. Same issue last year trying to accommodate madison led to the team being in poor form. Now he's trying to accommodate about 15 or 16 players with regular games. Needs a settled 11 and let them gel.

Was that the 11? Looked decent apart from the pink boots. To be fair to Logan for some reason he was showing them inside where everyone then ran away from him. Unfortunately the boy sussed this after 20 mins whereas we still didn't seem to see it after 80.

We seemed to start with Shinnie in DM and Kenny more advanced. For some reason they seemed to swop and it all went to rat shit. Stewart had a shocker and Maynard had a Maynard. Won't lie I was thinking of Ball for either Shinnie or Maclean after about 48 minutes.

Agree re Wright on the right. Boy needs to take on his man and cross. If it works, great. If it doesn't he'll at least keep the crowd longer than he did yesterday. GMS did more in his short time on.

Aye Jordan Jones only 23 seen him last season and was by far there best in the killie games on TV,when he ran at us we were toiling.on a downer after a draw with Kilmarnock just to rub it in Stockley scores again.

First 20 minutes or so we strolled it. After they got an injury and went 4 at the back instead of 5 we were shite. Lost midfield and everything was ponderous going forward.

GMS has done nothing to change my opinion of him since he arrived. Ineffective and weak.

Greg Stewart so far a big disappointment, was expecting much more from him, goals in particular. Never ever looks threatening. Also looks unfit.

There is a massive gulf in class between those two and Hayes and McGinn.

Mcinnes tinkering constantly is also a problem. Same issue last year trying to accommodate madison led to the team being in poor form. Now he's trying to accommodate about 15 or 16 players with regular games. Needs a settled 11 and let them gel.

well he did more when he came on than Wright did in his minutes on the pitch,I think if he gets a run of games he'll prove you wrong.your right with Stewart expected a lot more but looks as if he needs to lose a stone and well off the pace also your point with the tinkering I agree with its the constant change of formation and four players changing most games which fucks everything up IMO especially dropping our best player to accommodate others,but as you say this is nothing new it's been happening for last few seasons before he reverts to type so please stick to 4231 with Christie no 10 before it's too late!

Who's the outside right in your 3. I had thought Stewart but after yesterday, eeech!

I had Stewart down for that but he was awful so not many options,just hope doesn't put Christie out there but that's what he'll do.im struggling to answer that because every player seems to be left footed,we've not got a right mid,winger which is pretty sad for a squad of 20!

well he did more when he came on than Wright did in his minutes on the pitch,I think if he gets a run of games he'll prove you wrong.your right with Stewart expected a lot more but looks as if he needs to lose a stone and well off the pace also your point with the tinkering I agree with its the constant change of formation and four players changing most games which fucks everything up IMO especially dropping our best player to accommodate others,but as you say this is nothing new it's been happening for last few seasons before he reverts to type so please stick to 4231 with Christie no 10 before it's too late!

I would love to be proved wrong about GMS. I've never seen it though. Never rated him at united and I couldn't understand why celtic bought him.

I think saying he did more than wright is really just picking through the bones. Neither were very effective. GMS is meant to be an experienced footballer and was brought in to make that left wing role his own. He has the pace of hayes but doesn't have the work rate or the end product.

I had Stewart down for that but he was awful so not many options,just hope doesn't put Christie out there but that's what he'll do.im struggling to answer that because every player seems to be left footed,we've not got a right mid,winger which is pretty sad for a squad of 20!

Shinnie to LB (harsh on Consi as when the midfield goes to ratshit he doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing) then a more conventional 4 with Stewart (hopes) Tansey and Maclean alongside Christie in front of Ball?

May up top.

Certainly when we got overran in midfield Maynard wasn't the answer.

Q for the Y. What happened on the Merkland byline with (think) GMS right at the end? Big shout for something.

We have replaced our two wide players with 4 central players. Whilst you can't argue with the names we signed, however I'd argue some of the signings were utterly pointless. Too many players the same position, leaving other positions woefully short.

Yay and nae. We signed GMS for wide cover but I don't think anyone quite knew just how good Scott Wright was. For what's it worth I'd like to see GMS get a few starts under his belt, he seems to come on and offer us abit more down the flank.

Shinnie to LB (harsh on Consi as when the midfield goes to ratshit he doesn't know what he's supposed to be doing) then a more conventional 4 with Stewart (hopes) Tansey and Maclean alongside Christie in front of Ball?

May up top.

Certainly when we got overran in midfield Maynard wasn't the answer.

Q for the Y. What happened on the Merkland byline with (think) GMS right at the end? Big shout for something.

GMS was wrestled to the ground by the defender. The ball was long gone but could easily have been a pen

Very poor and worrying display Yesterday, went one up and looked comfortable but the attitude from there on was very poor and the lack of Urgency was also worrying

Lewis- ok not a lot to do wrong footed at goal

Logan- pretty poor defensively there number 11 made him look very ordinary

Consi- pretty poor all round so slow it's untrue

Arnie- good performance quite solid and distribution was good

AOC- another good performance and looked solid throughout and distribution was good

Shinnie- usual work rate but for some reason not going for him just now

Maclean- started ok but was terrible 2nd half and needs to be dropped but won't be

Wright- couple of good runs but gave ball away too much picking up the ball far too deep

Stewart- very poor and looks fat to me, his pathetic effort to win ball at goal was very worrying looks Dundee standard

May- superb goal and worked hard throughout

Maynard- a lot slagging him but service too him was rotten

GMS- at least tried to get ball into box needs to play more

Christie- tried to get things going can't believe he was on the bench though

Rooney- did nothing really

Team is crying out for Tansey to play in the position taken by Maclean and Christie needs to start, attitude when we go one up needs to be sorted out as we completely fell out of the game when we went one up