Spfl Referees Are Shite Thread

A high boot. Yet seemed to let Partick off with it constantly. Fucking shambles.

Aye it was definitely a high boot and so probably correct to rule it out, but you're right he let them away with a few of those. Useless cunt. Also was amusing how far out of the corner arc Stewart placed the ball for the disallowed goal

Having seen the highlights I think he was right enough to disallow Rooney’s effort in the first half. But like the ref at the Huns game at Ibrox he didn’t penalise the opposition for similar offences

And we should have had a penalty in the second half when they skied a clearance which the wind took back in to the penalty box. First of all their defender clearly barged into Stewart , and then their keeper jumped into Rooney. Yet the ref saw it as a foul on the keeper

And why is it we seem to suffer more than anyone else from the advantage rule not being applied properly? another glaring example last night

Personally I would have taken 2 of my best Under 20s with me as an incentive. Unless they travelled up in a mini bus.

Could be lots of reasons.

I know they have a lot of injuries and a thin squad.

Maybe they didnt have time to change their plans, or preferred the guys to play in the development game rather than warm a bench.

Or maybe there are match day bonuses to consider.

Lots of factors Id think.

Could be lots of reasons.

I know they have a lot of injuries and a thin squad.

Maybe they didnt have time to change their plans, or preferred the guys to play in the development game rather than warm a bench.

Or maybe there are match day bonuses to consider.

Lots of factors Id think.

Fair enough I spose. Maybe I'm just being a grumpy git. I think Scottish clubs need to show their young players that there is a pathway to the first team. I'm one of the few that liked the u21 rule in the match day squad with the financial rewards that came with it

And why is it we seem to suffer more than anyone else from the advantage rule not being applied properly? another glaring example last night

Not a dig at anyone, but it's probably the Shinnie effect, as captain he bends the refs ear a lot, so the ref ended up giving the foul straight away......one way of looking at it?

I remember Graham Rix's first game in charge at Pittodrie.

Paul Hartley was frustrated and wanted to take a quick free kick so with two hands aggressively pushed the referee out of the way.

So red card and lengthy ban right? No, not even a yellow card.

The traditional hearts thug teams have been shown far too much leniency in the past.

The only time i ever saw the ref properly clamp down was, surprise surprise, at ibrox when they go 4 sent off.

I remember Graham Rix's first game in charge at Pittodrie.

Paul Hartley was frustrated and wanted to take a quick free kick so with two hands aggressively pushed the referee out of the way.

So red card and lengthy ban right? No, not even a yellow card.

The traditional hearts thug teams have been shown far too much leniency in the past.

The only time i ever saw the ref properly clamp down was, surprise surprise, at ibrox when they go 4 sent off.

The refs are just so inconsistent, SFA/spfl will point out they can't afford professional referees but it's not like they get £50 a game, you still expect them to operate to a basic standard of consistency.

You're asking the wrong questions

Start with would I do it

If not why not

Go from there

If your suggesting it such an undesirable task that no one wants to do it and therefore we have to accept what we get then no I really disagree tbh.

It wont be for everyone but there will be enough candidates out there Im confident.

Problem is the culture of failure within the SFA and regional refereeing bodies.

If your suggesting it such an undesirable task that no one wants to do it and therefore we have to accept what we get then no I really disagree tbh.

It wont be for everyone but there will be enough candidates out there Im confident.

Problem is the culture of failure within the SFA and regional refereeing bodies.

Yep, you don't see many labourers, welders etc. refereeing games.

They all seem to be directors of companies, accountants etc.

Also, they must be getting close to £50k a year, for that type of money then surely it close to be a full time job.

I've worked with many sharp guys on the shop floor over the years.

They are not the most articulate but are shrewd, clever and sharp, I've also worked with guys who have been directors on listed companies who talk a good game but in reality are thick as fuck.

The point I'm making is that it wouldn't surprise me if the SFA and referees association had a choice between promoting a car salesman or a company director, they'd choose the director.

I notice you haven't given answers

The point is that Scotland is a small country population wise, then you start to decrease at all levels those willing to take part.

You end up with a small and shallow pool to pick from.

Furthermore, in this day and age of social media and internet bampoterry the toll being a ref in Scotland must put on your life.

Fuck that.