Holidays 2018

minijc

You'd love Vegas Mr Scientist.

Being a man with adequate disposable means, last year I visited San Fran (see what I did there? Called it Fran rather than Francisco as I'm famaliar with the place) and it's worth no more than 2 days.

Then hired a Chevy Tahoe (60K$ worth) and drove down to Yosemite for 3 days. Stunning.

Onwards to Death Valley, didn't even stay the night despite being fully aware I'd lose the money (who gives a fuck) before heading to Vegas.

Wish I'd spent longer than I did. Venetian Hotel: best hotel I've stayed in. Helicopter to Grand Canyon, Mob Museum, Titanic exhibition in Luxor. Gambling, good food and plenty beer etc...great place.

A man of higher intillect such as yourself would love it, it's not just seedy and /or glitzy exhibitionism, it's superb.

The cognoscenti call it the bay area.

Thatll be a quiet night in at the library

NOT

Aye will be messy. 18 confirmed so far with another 3 expected to follow. Scared of whats up theirs sleeve I must admit.

Oh forgot I have my mates stagger the weekend after my wedding (no idea how Ive got approval for that one) but think thatll be London. Staying near Camden market.

Wife wants to go away for Christmas next year

Mario will only be 8 months by then though and k think that's the height of ignorance going on a plane with one.

Also surely till they are a toddler, abroad is shite with a kid?

If your wife wants to go away for Christmas, surely the bairn's first couple of Christmases is the time to go, when it has no idea what's going on.

Would the respective grannies be annoyed?

Presume you meant worth a visit?

No, probably not.

You do your homeland a disservice.

My wife goes there twice a year with work and loves it. I've never been but she's recommending I should.

All that fresh air and wild barren space, you might take for granted but city dwellers would pay for it.

The preconception I have about the mentality of the locals puts me off.

No but after the game I seen a stand free going up on the steps of some civic building and met a few casuals briefly before going for some scran and then meeting my brother and his gf, who became his wife.

I hadn't eaten for 12 hours and was starving. In the restaurant I ordered a beer, lamb shanks and a bottle of red. I had my kilt on and as I was sat on my own in this fancy place, the locals kept on sending over beers so I'd only had a wee bit oot the bottle. Left restaurant with the bottle and glass, walking about the city drinking al fresco. A couple stopped me to ask if I liked their city. I liked their daughter. She was fucking beautiful and borderline legal. I was reminded of the terrible phrase learned in my home city of old enough to bleed, old enough to fuck but being the gentleman rocket that I am, I kept it civil. Spoke to them for almost half an hour, thinking terrible deeds and tanned the bottle in front of them. The best looking girl I saw was in the early hours, a Norwegian snogging a kilt but unfortunately not mine. Nearly missed the game as the barmaid in the last pub was keen and I was torn between her and the match. Stupid decision to leave her but prob just as well as I was pretty well oiled by then, sobering up during a boring 1-1 before sesh 2.

Next morning as we were leaving Bordeaux saw this massive billboard wishing the Scots well. They got invaded but the vibes were excellent, all peace and love and bevvy and songs and no trouble at all. Didn't get a shag myself but it was all good.

Myself and NEM amongst many others were on the steps that day, some of our finest ditties were getting blasted, riled many huns that day after the game before having a run in with the local gypos over a pickpocket incident. Was a great day, watched the game on the big screen, no tickets for the game.

Fine City, way better than Paris, would love to go back one day.

• Upvote 1

Going to Bratislava next week. Never been. Any recommendations or must sees?

Vienna is the dugs testicles, one of the best places eh have lived.

We went over to Bratislava regularly in the late 90s. Cheap as fuck, you could even reserve a table at McDonald's. The Dubliner was of course our pub of choice. On the surface it seemed your typical Irish pub, but there was a lot of mafia and it was almost like something from the hood where if someone was dissed, a coat or jumper was raised to reveal the gun to the disser. That's something that sobers you up in a hurry, even if just observing fae across the bar.

Eh am sure it's fine now tho.

Exactly

The grannys will want to see him, make matters worse she wants her mum to go

So proper granny division would ensue

That's fucking great news for you if true. I would have said that going on holiday with an 8 month old bairn is a bit of a pain in the hoop but if you are taking granny along then instant babysitter, you canna go wrong. Might curtail your pumping a bit if you are all living in the same room but hey ho.

Vienna is the dugs testicles, one of the best places eh have lived.

We went over to Bratislava regularly in the late 90s. Cheap as fuck, you could even reserve a table at McDonald's. The Dubliner was of course our pub of choice. On the surface it seemed your typical Irish pub, but there was a lot of mafia and it was almost like something from the hood where if someone was dissed, a coat or jumper was raised to reveal the gun to the disser. That's something that sobers you up in a hurry, even if just observing fae across the bar.

Eh am sure it's fine now tho.

There's still a Dubliner in BTS, if it used to be near a big square with a fountain it's probably the same one.

The only thing going for it was it wasn't quite as shitty as the "Scottish" pub next door.

:dance::dance::dance:

Hehe, wondered if anyone had my maturity level......I giggled after I'd posted it :laughing:

Chewie is one clean livin' cunt and no mistake haha you a surfer chewie?

I am very clean, just totally swapped the last two years from previously being a total party fiend to being way more sensible. No surfing, but my wife has plenty surfer chums, might go more for mountain biking though, far more interesting to me than sucking sea water.....