Holidays 2018

minijc

Just back from Krakow and Warsaw. Visited Auschwitz and a few museums.

Change of scene next week. Off to Rome on Monday, then fly to the south of Spain a few days later, although that one is more of a working holiday, but should have a few days off and the weather is to be decent.

Just back from Krakow and Warsaw. Visited Auschwitz and a few museums.

Change of scene next week. Off to Rome on Monday, then fly to the south of Spain a few days later, although that one is more of a working holiday, but should have a few days off and the weather is to be decent.

Did you do the Warsaw uprising museum?

Or find the brothel close to McDonalds?

Vienna is the dugs testicles, one of the best places eh have lived.

We went over to Bratislava regularly in the late 90s. Cheap as fuck, you could even reserve a table at McDonald's. The Dubliner was of course our pub of choice. On the surface it seemed your typical Irish pub, but there was a lot of mafia and it was almost like something from the hood where if someone was dissed, a coat or jumper was raised to reveal the gun to the disser. That's something that sobers you up in a hurry, even if just observing fae across the bar.

Eh am sure it's fine now tho.

We were in Bratislava for the Scotland game in 2016. Funnily enough we saw someone with a gun in one of the clubs too.

Apart from that I thought Bratislava was pretty dull, wasn't a big fan of it.

There's still a Dubliner in BTS, if it used to be near a big square with a fountain it's probably the same one.

The only thing going for it was it wasn't quite as shitty as the "Scottish" pub next door.

The Scottish one is truly shit

The Irish one had incredibly inauthentic shit on the walls

The Titanic stuff is particularly cringey

Need a cheap holiday this year, options are...

Algarve

Costa Del Sol

Malta

Corfu

Alicante area

Or anywhere else from Aberdeen...nae Turkey or Bulgaria however.

Who does everyone use for booking villas? Airbnb? Holidaylettings?

Booking.com for 90% of my accommodations, home and abroad.

Go for the higher rated places. Never let me down.

Booking.com for 90% of my accommodations, home and abroad.

Go for the higher rated places. Never let me down.

AirBnB are great but need to be wary of over friendly and annoyingly helpful (think they're helpful) hosts.

Had a couple instances with the owner constantly messaging asking if everything is OK.

Aye it is now fuck off and let me enjoy my break in peace. I'll be in touch quick enough if it turns to shit.

I've never used Air b n b but my kids have, with success mostly. But the one at NY was a rip off apparently, not clean and overpriced.

The reason I only use booking.com is the ratings. They're very accurate in my experience.

Cheers lads

Bit wary oif AirBnB for some reason....

Used holiday lettings twice last year with no issue, know they add on a fair mark up however and the cheaper the better, with out being a dump like :laughing:

Will check out booking.com, used for hotels in the past but never a villa

Cheers lads

Used holiday lettings twice last year with no issue, know they add on a fair mark up however and the cheaper the better, with out being a dump like :laughing:

Airb&B bang on just as mentioned some hosts can be super friendly. 1st World problem but annoying none the less.

I've never used Air b n b but my kids have, with success mostly. But the one at NY was a rip off apparently, not clean and overpriced.

The reason I only use booking.com is the ratings. They're very accurate in my experience.

Agreed. I'm off to NY in April and was goingto AirbnB it but I've looked into it more and in NY the owners have to be close by and in a lot of cases actually live either in part of the building or next door. In many instances the apartment has been split and you actually technically share an address in your stay there. With my annoyance for over friendliness that put me clean off.

Use Booking a lot as well. The Genius benefits for prices are great for the right places.

Yup booking.com are very good, used them a few times.

Cheers lads

Noticed Ryanair are cheap as fuck to Alicante, handy going from Abz too.

Airb&B bang on just as mentioned some hosts can be super friendly. 1st World problem but annoying none the less.

Agreed. I'm off to NY in April and was goingto AirbnB it but I've looked into it more and in NY the owners have to be close by and in a lot of cases actually live either in part of the building or next door. In many instances the apartment has been split and you actually technically share an address in your stay there. With my annoyance for over friendliness that put me clean off.

Use Booking a lot as well. The Genius benefits for prices are great for the right places.

Yeah. There's really strict rules on Airbnb's in NYC. Better off finding a hotel. NYC is the best place I've ever been. I can't get enough of it.

The reason why Ryanair flights are cheap as fuck to places like Alicante (and presumably Bratislava) is that the visited destinations pay big money to subsidise flights to attract tourism. Most of the cheap destinations need to do this cos they're mostly shite.

Neighbours have just returned from Alberta, coldest was -33, and one day the warmest it got was -21.

Nae luck

Got family in Toronto and some of the tempts there in the last few weeks have been mental, not ideal but think it would be fun to live over there and experience weather like that.

Got family in Toronto and some of the tempts there in the last few weeks have been mental, not ideal but think it would be fun to live over there and experience weather like that.

My Wife's cousin was at New York for a few days over New Year, and was there during the extreme weather, -15 during day and he said that was too fucking cold to be outside, ruined the trip.

AirBnB are great but need to be wary of over friendly and annoyingly helpful (think they're helpful) hosts.

Had a couple instances with the owner constantly messaging asking if everything is OK.

Aye it is now fuck off and let me enjoy my break in peace. I'll be in touch quick enough if it turns to shit.

Come stay with me, once you are checked in I want fuck all to do with you.

• Upvote 1

Probably in general, but their at plenty customers who give poor ratings out of spite and their own stupidity.

I got a bad rating recently as they wanted to cancel last minute for free (past the time they were meant to check in by), they then stayed for two nights, never said anything to me about the room being cold (it wasn't), then made up shit on the review about the room being freezing. Wanks.

Also you get ratings for location when this is clearly known before you book.

• Upvote 1

The reason why Ryanair flights are cheap as fuck to places like Alicante (and presumably Bratislava) is that the visited destinations pay big money to subsidise flights to attract tourism. Most of the cheap destinations need to do this cos they're mostly shite.

Bit harsh on Alicante imo. Decent place to spend a few days and close enough for a day trip to Valencia. Benidorm up the coast is a shithole though.

Need a cheap holiday this year, options are...

Algarve

Costa Del Sol

Malta

Corfu

Alicante area

Or anywhere else from Aberdeen...nae Turkey or Bulgaria however.

Who does everyone use for booking villas? Airbnb? Holidaylettings?

Out of curiosity why not turkey or bulgaria? Do you have bad experiences?

Went to sunny beach with some mates a decade or so ago and it was brilliant.

My dad owns a house in turkey and we go regularly. Great place. Friendly locals, roasting hot, excellent food, cheap. Whats not to like?