Holidays 2018

minijc

There's worse places that attract tossers than vegas, Dubai being the worst I imagine, such a fake place and the ultimate status holiday. I like Vegas mainly because there's so much to do especially now with the sports teams coming there, once the Raiders are set up I'll be looking to go twice a year to take in games.

Dubai is shite.

Fake as fuck and full of tits trying to outdo each other about who is the coolest.

I'd rather eat a box of lit fireworks than go there on holiday.

Horrendous.

I was in Bordeaux 20 years ago for the World Cup v. Norway and it's a lovely city. I'm biased because France is my favourite country in the world for many different reasons but Les Landes, south of Bordeaux and all the way through Biarritz and towards Spain is a magical area. Frejus and St Raphael is my favourite part of the Cote d"Azur, rather than Cannes and St Tropez which gets more attention, fuck knows why for the latter.

I have a feeling that I will never visit Vegas. It's more than a feeling actually, I just know.

Were you with @@daytripping by any chance? ASC's finest trip away :fight:

Were you with @@daytripping by any chance? ASC's finest trip away :fight:

No but after the game I seen a stand free going up on the steps of some civic building and met a few casuals briefly before going for some scran and then meeting my brother and his gf, who became his wife.

I hadn't eaten for 12 hours and was starving. In the restaurant I ordered a beer, lamb shanks and a bottle of red. I had my kilt on and as I was sat on my own in this fancy place, the locals kept on sending over beers so I'd only had a wee bit oot the bottle. Left restaurant with the bottle and glass, walking about the city drinking al fresco. A couple stopped me to ask if I liked their city. I liked their daughter. She was fucking beautiful and borderline legal. I was reminded of the terrible phrase learned in my home city of old enough to bleed, old enough to fuck but being the gentleman rocket that I am, I kept it civil. Spoke to them for almost half an hour, thinking terrible deeds and tanned the bottle in front of them. The best looking girl I saw was in the early hours, a Norwegian snogging a kilt but unfortunately not mine. Nearly missed the game as the barmaid in the last pub was keen and I was torn between her and the match. Stupid decision to leave her but prob just as well as I was pretty well oiled by then, sobering up during a boring 1-1 before sesh 2.

Next morning as we were leaving Bordeaux saw this massive billboard wishing the Scots well. They got invaded but the vibes were excellent, all peace and love and bevvy and songs and no trouble at all. Didn't get a shag myself but it was all good.

• Upvote 4

No, the drink, and more the sharing of a tent we tried to put up at 4 a.m. on the main square rendered a wank unfeasible. Wasn't even on the radar actually. Thanks for asking. Hope you feel better knowing that now.

Going to Bratislava next week. Never been. Any recommendations or must sees?

Beautiful place! Been twice but both times in summer. I presume it'll be fucking cold next week.

Bratislava Castle worth a lookie and boat up the Danube to Vienna if you have a spare day (takes about 1hr 30mins each way) plus Vienna is equally as beautiful.

Had to book the boat in advance but not sure if that would be the case in winter.

Beautiful place! Been twice but both times in summer. I presume it'll be fucking cold next week.

Bratislava Castle worth a lookie and boat up the Danube to Vienna if you have a spare day (takes about 1hr 30mins each way) plus Vienna is equally as beautiful.

Had to book the boat in advance but not sure if that would be the case in winter.

Been to Vienna a couple of times, latterly 18 months ago. Did see the boat to Bratistava in summer 2016 but obviously won't be doing that this time. I don't dig castles unless this one is one good muthafucking castle? If its just a castle, rather than a fuck knows what, I'll probably not.

Been to Vienna a couple of times, latterly 18 months ago. Did see the boat to Bratistava in summer 2016 but obviously won't be doing that this time. I don't dig castles unless this one is one good muthafucking castle? If its just a castle, rather than a fuck knows what, I'll probably not.

The castle looks just as you'd expect a castle in that part of the world to look like ie absolutely lovely.

Why would you "obviously" not do the boat trip? Great scenery on one of The Worlds iconic rivers.

If its freezing (which I presume it will be) I'd go into the old town have a wander about and visit some bars.

I obviously won't do it cos it doesn't go in winter. And plus it's winter.

One holiday we traced the source of the Donau (Danube) from its source in Donaueschingen to Budapest. I probably know the Rhine and the Danube better than any other rivers including in Scotland. Agree beautiful scenery.

Wife wants to go away for Christmas next year

Mario will only be 8 months by then though and k think that's the height of ignorance going on a plane with one.

Also surely till they are a toddler, abroad is shite with a kid?

:clangers2:

Aye completely shite going on holiday with your family. Better leaving the thing at home.

Get a nanny. Sit in Business Class with the wife and get the nanny a seat in economy.

• Downvote 2

How you coping with the move ? I need counselling.

Are you moving yourself or getting someone in?

If youve a lot to shift Id recommend getting someone to do it for you.

Itll cost,but worth every penny.Moving house is only after death and divorce as most stressful life events I think.

Im an old hand at it,so no stress here...

The yellow vans and trucks. Economy Move or something. Stonehaven. Excellent service at half the price of Pickfords and Shore Porters. Good people. The owner digs in himself.