New Stadium Approved

Like I say depends on the licensing and weather, but if the fanzone is done correctly there's no reason why the club couldn't do this. Big bar, maybe have some of the players not in the squad there or something. Just an idea.

I'd rather have a few beers watching it with other Aberdeen fans than sitting in a pub listening to folk complaining that Brighton v Stoke or whatever English game is on isn't on the TV.

Like I say depends on the licensing and weather, but if the fanzone is done correctly there's no reason why the club couldn't do this. Big bar, maybe have some of the players not in the squad there or something. Just an idea.

I'd rather have a few beers watching it with other Aberdeen fans than sitting in a pub listening to folk complaining that Brighton v Stoke or whatever English game is on isn't on the TV.

Are you talking about big screens in an indoor area(s), lounges, bars etc maybe that lead onto the concourse where there is food available

Or large screens actually inside the ground with fans sat in the stands?

I think some people have read your first post and imagined the latter - which sounds shite.

Aye there is sand on the beach believe it or not. It's made from little particles of rock washed up from the sea.

At Balgownie playing pitches about a mile fae the sea and at an elevation of about 100m there's let me see, pretty much fuck all.

We have had massive problems with the pitch at Pittodrie, I'm sure there will be issues at Kingsford too. But they won't be dramatically worse than the current issues and will be better for the initial years.

No. I'm not.

You said we'd need indoor facilities more at Kingsford because the ground doesn't drain as well.

I'm challenging that as bullshit. Because we'll design the pitches to drain properly.

OK. Lets agree to disagree.

Unlike some I'm ok with that. :cheers:

Are you talking about big screens in an indoor area(s), lounges, bars etc maybe that lead onto the concourse where there is food available

I think some people have read your first post and imagined the latter - which sounds shite.

I have no idea. Was just a suggestion having the facilities to screen away games or whatever there somehow.

Like I say, would rather my money went to the club watching the game than a pub where you have folk moaning they can't watch the English games instead.

I see it mentioned on the other threads, but will put my tuppence worth here.

The fan survey from AFC, filled it in last night.

Safe standing / singing section a must, and also showing away games on a screen / projector in the fanzone were my suggestions. Obviously that second idea will be license / weather dependant, but it would be good to increase the amount of evenings there's a racket "polluting" Westhill.

The more surveys filled in the better.

Thought the survey was fairly poor and definitely designed to get the answers they want.

• Upvote 1

It's certainly very much geared towards letting them know what to put in the membership scheme. Although most of the benefits (Replica shirt, discount in the shop, monthly prize draws etc.) were all included in the Black and Gold season ticket promo. I'm guessing the numbers of folk getting B&G has dipped and this will only serve as a rebranding of the same shite.

How much scope do Aberdeen legally have to make changes to the designs that were submitted as part of their application to the council? I would have thought that many of the features were locked and loaded?

Anyone actually know this?

Ive seen plenty saying the design isnt finalised and theres scope for your dreams but I think theres a misunderstanding between design architecturally and choosing which stand is which.

I see it mentioned on the other threads, but will put my tuppence worth here.

The fan survey from AFC, filled it in last night.

Safe standing / singing section a must, and also showing away games on a screen / projector in the fanzone were my suggestions. Obviously that second idea will be license / weather dependant, but it would be good to increase the amount of evenings there's a racket "polluting" Westhill.

The more surveys filled in the better.

you'll get some stick for that idea but for specific games where the way allocation has sold out well in advance or more pertinently European away games, it could be a nice little earner for the club.

It's certainly very much geared towards letting them know what to put in the membership scheme. Although most of the benefits (Replica shirt, discount in the shop, monthly prize draws etc.) were all included in the Black and Gold season ticket promo. I'm guessing the numbers of folk getting B&G has dipped and this will only serve as a rebranding of the same shite.

B&G went down hill as soon as they removed the away ticket priority from the deal - up until then it was the worth it - now not so

I have no idea. Was just a suggestion having the facilities to screen away games or whatever there somehow.

Like I say, would rather my money went to the club watching the game than a pub where you have folk moaning they can't watch the English games instead.

Gotcha.

Well if they have a concourse area with bars and food places I'm sure they could attract some fans out there by putting the games on big screens in the bars.

Anyone actually know this?

Ive seen plenty saying the design isnt finalised and theres scope for your dreams but I think theres a misunderstanding between design architecturally and choosing which stand is which.

You can change the internal layout to a degree, shape and size of rooms, door locations etc, but it wouldn't be wholesale changes from what was in the plans. Like making a bar room bigger and sacrificing a cupboard that was there before, shit like that. At least that's how it works anyway for say a house (if you have a bar in your house), i'd assume it would be similar even though this is a much bigger development.

The way I read it his idea was for the fanzone outside the stadium. It might work for the European games when the weather is still decent.

However, the supporters bar will make a fair bit of money on away games that are on TV if they build it like Bristol City's (and every reason they will since the architects are big fans of Ashton Gate) which has big screens in the bar.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The way I read it his idea was for the fanzone outside the stadium. It might work for the European games when the weather is still decent.

However, the supporters bar will make a fair bit of money on away games that are on TV if they build it like Bristol City's (and every reason they will since the architects are big fans of Ashton Gate) which has big screens in the bar.

Makes sense.

I doubt we are getting anything as cool as I imagined, but in my head I thought there might actually be say 3 different bar areas and several different food areas all connected by an area that fans can freely wonder around in once inside the perimeter. That could create quite a nice atmosphere even on an away match day.

Not for thousands and thousands of fans but for a decent number.

Nice earner for the club if they could pull something like that off.

Makes sense.

I doubt we are getting anything as cool as I imagined, but in my head I thought there might actually be say 3 different bar areas and several different food areas all connected by an area that fans can freely wonder around in once inside the perimeter. That could create quite a nice atmosphere even on an away match day.

Here's the thing though... as often as not projects like these take longer and cost a fuck sight more than first planned.

So regardless of what the club plans, be it bars, kids areas, or a concourse, there's a good chance that as the cost increases the 'non-essentials' get kicked to the kerb.

Since we're going to struggle to fund this thing in the first place any additional cost is going to have a direct impact on the finished product.

• Upvote 2

Makes sense.

:laughing:

• Downvote 1

I had originally without giving it too much though, but was more just an idea for seeing away games at the stadium somehow, especially if they aren't on TV. If they could improve Red TV and show the games there at a supporters bar or outside when the weather is fine I think it would do alright, especially for cup / European games

Here's the thing though... as often as not projects like these take longer and cost a fuck sight more than first planned.

So regardless of what the club plans, be it bars, kids areas, or a concourse, there's a good chance that as the cost increases the 'non-essentials' get kicked to the kerb.

Since we're going to struggle to fund this thing in the first place any additional cost is going to have a direct impact on the finished product.

Dead right.

And of course we all suspect we'll see the house builder mentality being applied - which of course would be to cut non essentials rather than look for further investment to create the best solution.

You can change the internal layout to a degree, shape and size of rooms, door locations etc, but it wouldn't be wholesale changes from what was in the plans. Like making a bar room bigger and sacrificing a cupboard that was there before, shit like that. At least that's how it works anyway for say a house (if you have a bar in your house), i'd assume it would be similar even though this is a much bigger development.

That's what I thought as well. But I've seen months of people saying that's not the (final) design when anyone says it looks shite. I think they were speaking shite.

• Downvote 1