New Stadium Approved

I've been twice now. Last Thursday was fine for a drink but last night was a bit of a mess. Apart from that, parking and getting out is brilliant, the actual venue is good. Got a bus to the centre of town last night no bother but think I was a bit lucky.

Some teething issues but on the whole I liked it.

Acoustics?

Sorry to be stupid. TECA?

Is that the P&J place?

Are they one and the same place/campus? There is an element of my job that has involved TECA being mentioned on a frequent basis recently and the amount of variations I have on the address being sent through is a pain in the fucking arse.

TECA, AECC,

East Burn Road, E Burn Rd

Stoneyweed, Stoneywood,

Bucksburn, Blackburn

Bridge of Don

Perm any/all of the above.

Are they one and the same place/campus? There is an element of my job that has involved TECA being mentioned on a frequent basis recently and the amount of variations I have on the address being sent through is a pain in the fucking arse.

TECA, AECC,

East Burn Road, E Burn Rd

Stoneyweed, Stoneywood,

Bucksburn, Blackburn

Bridge of Don

Perm any/all of the above.

It is in Bucksburn, not far from Stoneywood but no where near Bridge of don or Blackburn

Not surprised to hear the new place is crap.

The old place was probably the worst gig venue I've been to in my puff.

Utterly soulless and bland shit hole.

Cavernous mong bonanza.

Yeah, let's just build the same shitty place, but somewhere else even further awa fae the toon centre.

Morons.

Not one person called it crap. Just criticised the bar queues.

I’ve never got why all venues haven’t sussed it out. The vast majority of folk are on pints. Just get six folk on the bar serving and four folk behind constantly pouring pints / cider whatever so there is a surplus.

Alright you might have a wee bit of wastage at the end but just give it to the staff.

Guaranteed you’d make more money than have the audience saying fuck going back in that queue for 25 mins and missing the concert.

Guest milne_afc

So if we reduce the capacity of the new stadium to 18,000 we are going to generate more revenue. We set to blow both Hibs and Hearts out of the water financially once we move stadium.

Already doing so without the debt of moving to the country.

Bit weird that we'd plan to beat their revenue by building a smaller stadium though

The cost of an extra 2k is extortionate considering we only get 20k one or two times a season. By reducing the supply it will create more demand for season tickets in order to grantee a ticket for the big games. It also allows us to potentially charge more.

I’ve never got why all venues haven’t sussed it out. The vast majority of folk are on pints. Just get six folk on the bar serving and four folk behind constantly pouring pints / cider whatever so there is a surplus.

Alright you might have a wee bit of wastage at the end but just give it to the staff.

Guaranteed you’d make more money than have the audience saying fuck going back in that queue for 25 mins and missing the concert.

They did that at Dylan/ Young at Hyde Park in summer. A table behind the till monkeys with tens of pints on it, they just grabbed a few to order and others kept the table stocked. £6 per Heineken but no fucking about.

There were other stalls for water etc which had queues

The cost of an extra 2k is extortionate considering we only get 20k one or two times a season. By reducing the supply it will create more demand for season tickets in order to grantee a ticket for the big games. It also allows us to potentially charge more.

Maybe so, fuck knows I haven't done a cost analysis.

My point wasn't really whether would this would be the best way to maximise revenue from ticket sales- it just seemed an odd way to ensure higher revenue than our rivals by building a smaller capacity stadium than they might have.

I guess the real revenue difference maker for us is through corporate.