New Stadium Approved

Fine, 19k then

What I'm asking is, do clubs only ever let a % go as season tickets?

I really dont think it's a difficult or stupid question

I think first season in new stadium everyone will want one

Man U have a waiting list for season tickets. You can still buy a ticket for the matches so they must be less than full capacity. Not so daft as you look.

I’m still lost. Man Utd don’t oversell season tickets. They have fans from all over the world so they allow a buy back scheme as there are holders who only fly in for 5 or 6 game and tourists can get their tickets if they aren’t going to the game.

But they can’t oversell their capacity.

I’d imagine if in the unlikely scenario we had a waiting list of 19000 st holders, we would snap their hands off. Rewarding loyalty.

I’m still lost. Man Utd don’t oversell season tickets. They have fans from all over the world so they allow a buy back scheme as there are holders who only fly in for 5 or 6 game and tourists can get their tickets if they aren’t going to the game.

But they can’t oversell their capacity.

I’d imagine if in the unlikely scenario we had a waiting list of 19000 st holders, we would snap their hands off. Rewarding loyalty.

I didn’t say they did. They have seats available for non season ticket holders (not buy back)

They don’t sell every available seat as a season ticket.

In the unlikely event they are oversubscribed for season tickets they have two main options.

Cap the season ticket numbers to leave a surplus for occasional attendees

Or introduce a system where you can sell back games you can't attend which can be sold on by the club, at a commission, to occasional attendees. Barcelona have a system like this.

Well there won't be 19,000 season tickets if what Cormack is now suggesting at fan forums the new stadium will be capped at 17,500.

I can see why that would make sense I guess! Would add to atmosphere if stadium was almost full/ full every game! Would like to think there was options of extending should we need too in future. Think most would agree attendances will be up for the opening season but it’s keeping them that will pose the biggest problem! I don’t really fear for less crowds as long as the product is good on the park!

I can see why that would make sense I guess! Would add to atmosphere if stadium was almost full/ full every game! Would like to think there was options of extending should we need too in future. Think most would agree attendances will be up for the opening season but it’s keeping them that will pose the biggest problem! I don’t really fear for less crowds as long as the product is good on the park!

But if crowds are going to be up for the first season anyway, why not make it as big as possible and try and keep them there. Rather than locking folk out.

I could easily see the stadium phase not happening tbh.

Might even turn out to be a good thing.

There Here We Go podcast twitter posted some old articles the other day where Stewart Milne was talking about redeveloping Pittodrie and making it into a 25,000 capacity stadium.

You never know, he might change his mind back again.

There Here We Go podcast twitter posted some old articles the other day where Stewart Milne was talking about redeveloping Pittodrie and making it into a 25,000 capacity stadium.

You never know, he might change his mind back again.

You bringing this up reminded me what I heard months ago that they just might reconsider.

South Stand and KS End Converted over 2 seasons.

But If I recall rightly I believe they can't make KS end any higher,when they originally thought of the idea.

You bringing this up reminded me what I heard months ago that they just might reconsider.

But If I recall rightly I believe they can't make KS end any higher,when they originally thought of the idea.

I vaguely recall that there were plans back in the 80's to redevelop the paddock into a 2 tier stand however the ground couldn't take the additional weight.

How high is the merkland just now? They have a height restriction of 21 metres at Kingsford according to Cormack. That's not that tall - they could probably build that high at the merkland and south.

Guest milne_afc

The club won’t be able to change the plans drastically from those that were accepted by the planning dept.

Still don’t understand why folk continue to say this won’t be built.

Cormack and the Yanks won't cough up the next £50m+

Funding will be the stumbling block.

I hear Milne contributed the square route of half of less than fifty pence towards the training ground.

There's no chance the club have gone to all this trouble to change the plans. Think we won't hear much about stadium now until January and a share issue will be announced 2020 to try and get things moving.

Aye it's not like they've already wasted millions on plans and feasibility studies for sites that were then binned

Just put a roof over the y section and join The South with the Merkland. New roof on the Main Stand - is all what’s needed at Pittodrie

Why they wanting to move again?

Pitch size does not meet current UEFA/FIFA approved regulations......it is 5 metres too short. We have got away with it under "grandfather" rights so far. But doubtful we will ever get another international allocated to Pittodrie and eventually the grandfather rights will expire forcing us to play European ties at a stadium with a pitch that does comply

• Downvote 2