New Stadium Approved

They didn't bin them though because they changed their minds. Were it not for the boy Young we'd currently be residing at Loirston.

Think the one which might have happened was Kingswells when Scotland thought they were going to get the Euros. Would have saved us a lot of cash.

You bringing this up reminded me what I heard months ago that they just might reconsider.

South Stand and KS End Converted over 2 seasons.

But If I recall rightly I believe they can't make KS end any higher,when they originally thought of the idea.

Have heard very similar in the past few weeks about them reconsidering redeveloping Pittodrie. I was told that they are seriously looking into it and preliminary survey work has been carried out. May well be a load of crap but time will tell.

Have heard very similar in the past few weeks about them reconsidering redeveloping Pittodrie. I was told that they are seriously looking into it and preliminary survey work has been carried out. May well be a load of crap but time will tell.

Hope not. Pittodrie is shit.

Wed end up spending a heap of cash on something that can't come anywhere close to giving us what Kingsford can.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No, you made it all up. Or whoever told you made it up knowing you're gullible enough to fall for it.

Milne is delaying the stadium until the housing market recovers so he can sell Pittodrie. He's not secretly thinking about embarking on a more expensive project.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Guest milne_afc

No, you made it all up. Or whoever told you made it up knowing you're gullible enough to fall for it.

Milne is delaying the stadium until the housing market recovers so he can sell Pittodrie. He's not secretly thinking about embarking on a more expensive project.

Lol. Come on min.

Milne is delaying the stadium until the housing market recovers so he can sell Pittodrie. He's not secretly thinking about embarking on a more expensive project.[/quot

Like I said, it could well be a load of pish but I can assure you I haven’t made it up. It does appear though to be an unsubstantiated rumour as it looks like we have appointed stadium “advisors”.

That being said I have absolutely no idea what pittodrie is worth as land value but it will never reach what is was worth a few years ago. When the new stadium was first mooted they were probably hoping that the sale of pittodrie would pay for 30-40% of it. That figure is likely to be 15-20% now. They might wait until the value of pittodrie has gone up again but I have my doubts it ever will. As the years go by costs increase. A 50million stadium in 3 years could be 60-70.

This is just my opinion but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if they had a contingency plan to redevelop Pittodrie as in the long term it may be the cheaper ( and popular ) option.

:hysterical:

You actually believe that eh?

LOL

Guest the shepherd

Sorry min but disagree with you. The transfer of ownership and/or sale of Pittodrie Stadium is secondary in terms of finally securing planning rights to proceed to build a new ground at Kingsford. Whilst Stewart Milne will be investing heavily in the new ground project, naturally he will not be the only investor. The club would not have proceeded so tenaciously with these plans if it was not affordable, sustainable and achievable.

So what was Stewart Milne's modus operandi in terms of trying to gain planning rights for the club to build a new stadium at Bellfield in 2003 and Loirston in 2012 if applying your form of rationalism?

We, supporters, are all resigned to the future sale of Pittodrie by Stewart Milne if going by the tiresome anecdote of "he's only bought Pittodrie to build flats on it". Fuck me he acquired the stadium nearly 26 years ago so that logic is feeble. I'm sure if that was the case Pittodrie would have been rubble long before now.

Milne is delaying the stadium until the housing market recovers so he can sell Pittodrie. He's not secretly thinking about embarking on a more expensive project.[/quot

Like I said, it could well be a load of pish but I can assure you I haven’t made it up. It does appear though to be an unsubstantiated rumour as it looks like we have appointed stadium “advisors”.

That being said I have absolutely no idea what pittodrie is worth as land value but it will never reach what is was worth a few years ago. When the new stadium was first mooted they were probably hoping that the sale of pittodrie would pay for 30-40% of it. That figure is likely to be 15-20% now. They might wait until the value of pittodrie has gone up again but I have my doubts it ever will. As the years go by costs increase. A 50million stadium in 3 years could be 60-70.

This is just my opinion but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if they had a contingency plan to redevelop Pittodrie as in the long term it may be the cheaper ( and popular ) option.

I agree with that! Value of Pittodrie may never go up much but costs of new stadium will almost certainly increase the longer they leave it.

Pretty sure they said that a lot of the ground works for the stadium was done along with the training complex and one of the reasons it went over budget along with the better pitch!

Sorry min but disagree with you. The transfer of ownership and/or sale of Pittodrie Stadium is secondary in terms of finally securing planning rights to proceed to build a new ground at Kingsford. Whilst Stewart Milne will be investing heavily in the new ground project, naturally he will not be the only investor. The club would not have proceeded so tenaciously with these plans if it was not affordable, sustainable and achievable.

So what was Stewart Milne's modus operandi in terms of trying to gain planning rights for the club to build a new stadium at Bellfield in 2003 and Loirston in 2012 if applying your form of rationalism?

We, supporters, are all resigned to the future sale of Pittodrie by Stewart Milne if going by the tiresome anecdote of "he's only bought Pittodrie to build flats on it". Fuck me he acquired the stadium nearly 26 years ago so that logic is feeble. I'm sure if that was the case Pittodrie would have been rubble long before now.

Will he?  He never contributed a bean towards the training ground.

Previous greenbelt land now has hunners of hooses on it, including his

• Upvote 1
Guest the shepherd

Will he? He never contributed a bean towards the training ground.

Previous greenbelt land now has hunners of hooses on it, including his

I would be very surprised if he was not a major financial backer of the new ground project. To fund such a large project, or any project for that matter, shareholders, stakeholders and outside investors collectively have to put forward feasible plans in order for the initial capital to be released and used to meet the first stages of a project. The only way this project would get off the ground would be with his investment or at the very least he would act as a guarantor if there was an unforeseen cashflow problem after the construction of the new ground had commenced.

Always though he stayed in Bieldside min.

I would be very surprised if he was not a major financial backer of the new ground project. To fund such a large project, or any project for that matter, shareholders, stakeholders and outside investors collectively have to put forward feasible plans in order for the initial capital to be released and used to meet the first stages of a project. The only way this project would get off the ground would be with his investment or at the very least he would act as a guarantor if there was an unforeseen cashflow problem after the construction of the new ground had commenced.

Always though he stayed in Bieldside min.

I would have thought the name of the place would be a give away about who funded it?

Redeveloping Pittodrie wouldn't be the cheaper option. It'd be the opposite.

I'm not even particularly that much in favour of Kingsford, but people hoping they will one day change their minds and redevelop Pittodrie probably believe in Santa too.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
Guest the shepherd

I would have thought the name of the place would be a give away about who funded it?

Possibly but would have thought Messrs. Milne, Jack, Crotty and Wicks's cash as well as monies gained through initiatives such as AberDNA would form the basis of the funding of the stadium.

Fuck all to do with the current housing market though

Maybe, maybe not. But the delay is Milne struggling to sell Pittodrie and the club struggling to raise £50m, not because they're secretly planning to go against everything they've argued against in the past few years and redevelop Pittodrie.