New Stadium Approved

I don't get the perverse pleasure in willing our club to fail.

Really don't get it at all

They're hedging their bets. That's all.

If the stadium is a success then they will benefit as Dons fans.

If it is a failure, then they can come on here and sneer at everybody saying "I told you so", proclaiming that they were right and generally basking in the glow of their superior wisdom.

They're hedging their bets. That's all.

If the stadium is a success then they will benefit as Dons fans.

If it is a failure, then they can come on here and sneer at everybody saying "I told you so", proclaiming that they were right and generally basking in the glow of their superior wisdom.

Being negative and fantasising about abject failure isn't insightful or clever or worldly wise or anything like it though.

It's just enjoying being a misery.

No one here thinks the new stadium project will be easy or pay for itself or without challenges but that's the whole point isnt it - it's an ambitious plan and fans want to see the club be ambitious.

It won't be easy and it might not even be possible to see it through but the club shouldn't be scared of failure they should be ambitious and pursue their objectives with conviction.

I that may just be a bit too much for some fans to cope with emotionally. Easier to fear change and do nothing.

You honestly have not seen the projected figures?

What I've seen are some rough estimations in terms of costs and the funding already in place.

What I've not seen is the club planning to take on 30m+ of bank debt.

It's almost as if you're talking shite. Again.

Being negative and fantasising about abject failure isn't insightful or clever or worldly wise or anything like it though.

It's just enjoying being a misery.

No one here thinks the new stadium project will be easy or pay for itself or without challenges but that's the whole point isnt it - it's an ambitious plan and fans want to see the club be ambitious.

It won't be easy and it might not even be possible to see it through but the club shouldn't be scared of failure they should be ambitious and pursue their objectives with conviction.

I that may just be a bit too much for some fans to cope with emotionally. Easier to fear change and do nothing.

C'mon! If they were really being ambitious they would not be building a bog standard stadium in a field.

Go big or go home!

• Downvote 1

Actually Betty I've no issue at all with you not agreeing with the stadium location etc I just can't be added with the way you lose your mind every few weeks and start making up absolute fake facts to prove it can't happen.

Let's just settle and see what the club can do given the chance to actually go for the new stadium without people already slaughtering the whole thing.

Actually Betty I've no issue at all with you not agreeing with the stadium location etc I just can't be added with the way you lose your mind every few weeks and start making up absolute fake facts to prove it can't happen.

Let's just settle and see what the club can do given the chance to actually go for the new stadium without people already slaughtering the whole thing.

Tbh I don't lose my mind. Its the GIBers that go into meltdown at any criticism.

I agree with lets see what happens, the training facilities look a goer and I'm absolutely delighted by that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shut it newbie! ;)

I'm an ace cunt but don't agree with the GIBers so they take wee tantrums.

Its all good as the training facilities will be fantastic (albeit 20years too late) and the stadium winna be built and we'll all be a big happy Dons family again soon.

2mgr1hv.png

Shut it, nonce.

• Upvote 8

First things first is the funding for the training ground

I've forgotten how much has been pledged so far? £2m or £3m maybe? Probably need to find another £7m from somewhere but i'd hope SM himself will show his hand for some of that (no laughing at the back).

We can worry about Stadium when that's all sorted.

Naming rights, selling pittodrie, share issue, debentures and a long term mortgage.

There is already £6m in place for the training ground and Milne is confident the sale of Pittodrie would yield around £16m – or 40% of the £40m needed.

However, Milne accepts the Dons face a mammoth task in securing the further funding.

The Dons chairman admitted there would be a share issue to fund phase two – the proposed £40m stadium.

He said: “60% of the funding for phase one of the project with the training and community facility, that is more or less in place.

“We still have a big task to deliver the other 40%, because we want to be in a position early next year to pull the trigger to get the first phase under way.

“Once that is delivered we will have to take a bit of a deep breath before we tackle phase two, because that will be a serious challenge for us all within the club.

“The fact that we are sitting on a prime piece of land here at Pittodrie, that we have planning consent for, gives us the confidence that there is about 40% in the bag before we start.

“But we are under no illusions that to raise the final 60% is going to be extremely challenging.”

£6m in place for the training ground. Still have a big task to deliver the other £4m.

£16m for Pittodrie and another £24m I don't think he himself knows how it could be done. We will have to take a bit of a deep breath before we tackle phase two, because that will be a serious challenge for us all within the club.

Currently on holiday in Sunny Beach

Affa cheap there.

Well it wis aroond 2002.

Apparently still is but now is mair o a young bams place. Which is sound as well like.

Also a place where I had an explosive dose of the shits for a hale wik.

We were on a safari up the hills een time fan it came on.

Found a bog, but wis hole in grun job.

Got my drars and shorts doon, and let go.

BANG!!! ye cunt.

Went fucking A'WIE.

Oer the wa's, my trainers, socks, into my punts a' oer my legs. FFS.

There wis nae lock on the door as well so some Bulgarian cunt wis trying to come in, pushing the door, waffling some Bulgarian shite, fucking lost my balance and landed in a' the shit, now oer my hands and a'thing.

Shouted the loudest, maist agressive FUCK OFF in the history of fuck offs.

There wis still mair to come, squirting, splattering and dreeping oot, fucking bluebottles and fleas started buzzing up mi erse and a'thing.

Wis sliding aboot trying to swaat the fuckers awa fae mi hole.

A truly horrific moment.

Went oot to the ex, covered in shite.

"Fit happened to you", she says.

Cunt.

• Upvote 7