Sam Cosgrove

28 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

not sure why hibs are playing hardball on nisbet and porteous. i hope they end up with nothing

Why shouldn't they? Nisbet has only been there 6 months and has years left on his contract. If a bid for him doesn't suit them for whatever reason then it's up to the bidding club to up the bid or look elsewhere. By all accounts Nisbet doesn't seem like he's going to make any waves over it. 

Porteous is still only 20 and hes under contract till summer 2023. He splits opinion, some think hes fucking gash, some think he's a future Scotland player. He has made one squad already. A million probably is a fair bid for him but again...if Hibs think they can get better then good luck to them.

Apparently their Yank owner has told Ross they are under no pressure to sell in any case. Fuckers are actually actively recruiting.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Why shouldn't they? Nisbet has only been there 6 months and has years left on his contract. If a bid for him doesn't suit them for whatever reason then it's up to the bidding club to up the bid or look elsewhere. By all accounts Nisbet doesn't seem like he's going to make any waves over it. 

Porteous is still only 20 and hes under contract till summer 2023. He splits opinion, some think hes fucking gash, some think he's a future Scotland player. He has made one squad already. A million probably is a fair bid for him but again...if Hibs think they can get better then good luck to them.

Apparently their Yank owner has told Ross they are under no pressure to sell in any case. Fuckers are actually actively recruiting.

Weird if true, why are we so skint? 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They've got a high percentage of season ticket holders v walk up punters. Decent freedom of Hearts fan income and a very generous benefactor. 

We have a similar number of DNA members vs FoH's, had decent season numbers, brought in 5 million in players sales, have insurance money, have had donations ourselves from the board, will make more prize money and have the benefit of Sky TV money. Figures are not adding up for them. 

42 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Hey, Sam, which direction was your "career" going before you signed for us? Have a modicum of respect, and fuck off.

We should be fairly happy. 

For an initial outlay of 30k we're bringing in 2 million. That helps us massively during the pandemic, and he gets a bigger wage albeit at a lesser club. And he absolutely isn't going to be missed.

Win win for everyone. 

I'll give him a virtual pat on the back as he heads off into the sunset. 

He has been a very frustrating player. Dreadful for long spells but also had his good spell where he scored on a regular basis. 

If we only paid 20k or 30k for him and we are getting around 2 million now then overall it's been a good bit of business despite him giving me a few more grey hairs. 

5 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Interesting to see how Cosgrove gets on at that level. I suspect he might struggle but Jayden Stockley turned into Benzema overnight at Exeter, so you never know. I've nae grudges against Cosgrove - I wish him well 

He'll do well if he recaptures his form he had pre knee injury.